It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dancing With The Alien

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   

PODcast: Dancing With The Alien
I have a special gift for ATS/BTS, and I have been working on this a while. I don't feel it's done, but what the heck. Close enough for rock and roll. Note that this is not part of The Mind Series, but a special separate piece that I thought you might enjoy because as you can see from the title, it deals with aliens. And here is where things get interesting. This piece uses an actual sound recording of a UFO in the background, which was brought in after the song was recorded. It just so happened that the UFO sound contains notes in the same key as the song, and its crazy how it interacts with the piece! If that UFO recording is indeed real (who knows), then we really ARE jamming with the aliens!

length: 03:58
file: bts_musicpodcast_198.mp3
size: 3251k
feed: btsm

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Dancing With The Alien

Believe or not believe
Believe or not believe
A choice we have to make
To see or not to see
When the story breaks

Watching it all
Little room left to cast doubt
Believe or not believe

Dancing with the alien
We’re not supposed to know it
Dancing with the alien
Now no one can control it

The sky, at night
Fills with mysterious lights
We’ve been hoping
We’ve been waiting
To see the proof of other life

Watching it all
They are here…No fear

Dancing with the alien
We’re not supposed to know it
Dancing with the alien
Now no one can control it
Dancing with the alien
Now everyone will know it

We are dancing with the alien

Watching it all
Believe or not believe (they are here)
Believe or not believe (no fear)
Believe or not believe

Dancing with the alien
Dancing with the alien
--------------------------------------------------------------

This is one I cowrote with a very special person to me. She wrote most of the lyrics and performed all the vocals, and I wrote the music and played all the instruments.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Wow! That was excellent stuff! My socks were really blown off.
Only, it needed more cow bell. Other than that....

Seriously, that is Take Over the Radio stuff!

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Alien Abduction

How the bloody hell did I miss this when it came out? I must have been too busy talking.

I love this musical style, and those vocals are hot!

Aieeee, goodbye musically objective critique. That's a catchy song!

Hmm, reminds me that I have a few ATS-specific songs on deck if I ever stop talking long enough to record them.

Of course, nothing like this -- I have more along the lines of "gag tunes" in mind.

Very nicely done, TA!

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
What a pleasure, i really enjoyed that,
Tell ya what! would'nt it be cool TrueAmerican, to make a video promo for that track,

Nice 0ne... Ian

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
TC, since your posts seem to descend rarely down from super moddum, and are always brilliantly encoded, I hear ya. Sorry, but the cow bell was abducted by avatar-eating reptilians.

Majic. Dude. Beware, for I am now another unassuming white skeptic. ATS has taught me well. Trust no one.

iamian, why thank you. Video promo? Awe, that's a thought, but somehow I'd rather take over the radio with the Deny Ignorance BTS Band performing this. Seems more befitting.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I loved this...it gave me cold shivers, i'm just downloading all your stuff now, thank you...as someone else who is dancing with the alien, its nice to know its not a solo dance but a big party thats going on
lets boogie

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
lol, that cracked me up, sarephim101. Thanks for the laugh, I needed one...

See you at the Intergalactic Ball, but watch out for the reptilians. Last time I danced with one, the White House called and said they were yanking the funding for Jenna's dancing lessons. Then they had the nerve to accuse me of a coverup.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
That was simply excellent!!!

Well done. I WANT MORE!

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Hey loam

Why thanks very much! Be careful whatcha wish for though, hehe. I got another two from the Dancing With The Alien team, I'll see what I can do soon.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Hi True American,
I'll put you on my dance card, right after the sufi saint I already promised a dance to
man he can boogie, dont worry I never dance with the whacky draccy, they always step on your toes, rip yer stockings with thier unkemp toenails and whenever they twirl they trip you up with there tails, and besides that they got no sense of style or rythm and the bad breath can be a killer, so its a definate no the Mr Bush on the dance card, God I dont know how hilary puts up with the man. I've told Merlin not to invite them again. thier an embarrasment not just to America but to the whole planet...possibly the solar system, if not the rest of the galaxy and the universe as a whole

Love Sarephim101

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Hillary and George are an item? Wow, so I wonder what Bill and Laura have been doing.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
um yes I believe they are a very strange item indeed, apparently I hear they even have offspring, which is a good case for the enforced sterilization of the criminally insane, its a bit worrying the thought of that genicidal meglomanic gene escaping into the general gene pool... and if you dont mind me asking who are bill and laura, you have to exscuse my ignorance Im British

hmmmm maybe I just have them all mixed up, I just asked a friend and she doesn't know either, ah well its not like thier important anyway

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
On Dancing with the Alien:

From my sister (who pokes around on the board but has yet to join... )

I think it is beyond excellent! It got a very emotional response out of me. I sit listening to it with chills running through me and tears coming to my eyes ...

Of course, she's an alien, so she would love it!

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
On Dancing with the Alien:

From my sister (who pokes around on the board but has yet to join... )

I think it is beyond excellent! It got a very emotional response out of me. I sit listening to it with chills running through me and tears coming to my eyes ...

Of course, she's an alien, so she would love it!

ROFL! Wow, ok, not sure that song affected anyone quite that way before, but I am so glad she likes it! Hiya Sis! And thanks for the other info BH!

I have been holding out on another tune from that team of Dancing With The Alien. I'll havta see what I can do to get it up..... On the board that is.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Just heard about this song from the Zed Show. Great song!
That singer sounds really familiar. Has she done other stuff? Television or something?

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Just heard about this song from the Zed Show. Great song!
That singer sounds really familiar. Has she done other stuff? Television or something?

Thanks Nygdan! And thanks Zedd, too!

Pretty sure she hasn't done anything more than local, and I know her very well. It's just that she has one of those "generic" kinda voices you could hear anywhere. It is the result of a great singer who didn't develop much of her own original style, and kept to singing cover songs. I think this was the second tune out of three we did, and her first original project, ever.

Regards,
TA

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Sounds kinda like the Cranberries...

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
You know what would ice off the cake on this song...Joe Satriani fiddeling in the back ground with a good mellow lead in the middle.

The singer stays though. Satriani can't sing well.

join