It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

old stories: i missed you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
im gonna be posting some stories, writings, and poems that i wrote a few years ago. it's been a while since i've done it, but i'm looking forward to getting some fresh material in the works. feedback is appreciated. enjoy.

def.out
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is a short monologue:

"i missed you"

I missed you, and I’m not even sure if you can remember. Probably because I didn’t get the chance to see you before I left. But if I did, would you have thought me any different? You shine on me as if it’s like I did not even try… There were mere implications… Well, if you insist on knowing, it’s not like I can escape from your gaze, let alone run from my own shadow… I’ll admit that I was late. I could tell because the sky was slowly draining away, like a blanket being pulled over the world. It became the absence of who you really are. Needless to say, I began to ride my bike faster than I ever had before. So fast that I could feel the soles of my shoes soften, melt even. Then all of a sudden, BANG! The rear tire wailed into my ears, cursing and yet grateful that its life was over. But I still managed to pursue our rendezvous, all the while, dragging the wound that slowed me down. And when I reached the sea, I was still only at the foot of your bed. For I still had more earth to travel before I would see you whole, past the tower that warned lost souls of near rock and clay. Yet here I seem to be, some thirty two thousand feet above what used to be my home, with the shutter fixed open so that I can look into your eyes, while I seamlessly drift away… I didn’t get to sing you to sleep that night, as the Goddess would have before she tucked her son into bed… And although I wish that I did, I can still remember the part of you I could never have.

join