It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Equality or Inequality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
IMO society can be split 2 ways, A society of Equality. And a Society of Inequality. Obviously we live in a society of Inequalitys, survival of the fittest. We pay millions of dollars to a baseball player and our educators are scraping by. The rich spit on the poor, and the powerful don't even know they exist. If the poor were not apart of our society, How would the rich be reminded of what they could be. It is sad to say but we become motivation for the rich to become richer, and to keep us down.

While our brothers and sisters in New Orleans and other areas hit by Hurricane Katrina are dieing by the minute, we begin to realize what is important, Something we have forgotten many years ago. It boggles my mind how we can allow moviestars and athletes to be paid so much money, while others are dying because they do not have clean drinking water. Where did we go wrong?

I do not believe a society of equality would work, it is human nature to prosper and make yourself better. A man has got to look after his family, but when did the community stop becoming our family. When did the neighbour stop becoming our friend? Isn't the stranger on the road just as important?

On the bigger scale of things, this material world we live in is pointless. Yeah some of us may enjoy a few luxeries our grandparents never had the chance too, but what about our brothers and sisters affected by Hurricane Katrina, or the souls in Africa who endure this every day of their lives. I have read letters in newspapers about genocides over their to cure the problem? Why? To make our lives that much easier? As sad as it is to say, I hope the one thing we can come out of Hurricane Katrina with, is more people can realize that their are souls all over the world living like this every day, and we are over here paying millions of dollars to some dumb blonde who looks good in a tight shirt.

Wondering some thoughts on this, our society has dropped off so much I believe, Equality is not going to work, But what we have is not working either. So where do we go from here?

new topics

join