It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Assassination would you of stopped?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Of all the Assassinations we have seen or heard in the past and present, Which one would you of stopped?

As much of a Kennedy fan as I am I would go with Archduke Franz Ferdinand.

Also I'd love to bring back John Lennon, I question the world we live when I think of some of the acts we have committed.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Excellent choice with Archduke Ferdinand, that would be my #1.

Lennon was just another rich celebrity who thought he was a great luminary, no great loss to society when someone "offs" one of those.

I always thought that the assasination of Anwar Sadat was a great shame, he was one of the few Arab leaders who gave me hope for a better future.

But my second choice would be Lee Harvey Oswald - he had a story to tell that would have changed modern history, I'm sure of it.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Wow,

Great call on Oswald, never really thought of him as an assassination. Think how different our outtake could be on everything if he was not killed. Our outtake on the government would probably be the same; we would only have proof this way.

Deffinately disagree with the Lennon comments though, you do not need to be a crooked politician to make a difference. This was a man ahead of his time and had some great ideas. Yoko ono though? Ok Maybe he was alittle mixed up.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Rabin in Isreal, he was a man with some good ideas unlike the nutjob sharoan.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Would history have been any better had these people not been assassinated?

How do we know things wouldn't have been worse?

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower

We certainly don't know. But I would have stopped Martin Luther King, Jr. if I had to pick one. Then John Lennon.

I wanted to say Lennon first for his mind, but I think MLK had more widespread influence.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Would history have been any better had these people not been assassinated?

Never said things would have been better or worse; was not my intention in the first place. Simple question, what one would you of stopped. How it would of changed our history is to be interpreted individually.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Hmmm...then I can't really say I'd stop any of 'em, without considering the implications first.

There'd be consequences for everythin'

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Abraham Lincoln, that was the worst tragedy that ever struck the United States and really changed the direction of our nation (in a bad way).

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Hmmm...then I can't really say I'd stop any of 'em, without considering the implications first.

There'd be consequences for everythin'

Appreciate that stand; exactly why i feel this is a great topic to think about. How far could this expand, If we changed one of these moments; Where would we be today? Would we be better? Who is to judge whether we would be better off? Its endless...

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I would say Abraham Lincoln...one of the best presidents we had.

He was more than willing to go easy on the South to reintegrate them. But after he died, the government played hardball with them.

Still wondering how Lincoln could be considered a tyrant. Lots of misinformation has been going around about him for the past 140 years.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Lincoln, absolutely.
The death of Lincoln insured that "they" would never revive the Republic, create a Democracy and steal the country from the citizens.

top topics

join