It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resources For Herbal Medicine Information

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
With all the recent threads relating to natural cures and the conspiracies within various government/national/international agencies, I wanted to put together something solid about natural cures. Or rather, resources where you can gather more reliable evidence.

Suggested book titles

Grieve's Modern Herbal

The Book of Herbal Wisdom

The Green Pharmacy

Field Guide To Western Medicinal Plants

Evidence-Based Herbal Medicines

Natural Health Complete Guide to Safe Herbs: What Every Consumer Should Know About Interactions and Side Effects for Hundreds of Herbs, Drugs, Supplements, and Foods

(Obviously not a huge list, but I do own some of these)

Online resources

Health Library's reading room - a lot of info about natural remedies

The Government's own site on complementary medicine - yes, they do have one...

List of clinical trials using herbals etc - US

Herbal Medicine In Canada

And In The UK

And In Australia

Even in the US, we're currently performing clinical trials using herbal medicine. In Germany, the E Monologues have been the "Herb Bible" for doctors and alternative practitioners alike, for many years; in Asia herbal medicine has been used effectively to treat some conditions for millenia. Herbals have a very valid place in a good healthcare system - even I believe that (and you know how much of a cynic I am!).

Use your common sense, too. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is....

And please, remember that some conditions simply cannot, currently, be cured by herbal medicines, despite what the infomercials will tell you. Be careful about commercials and websites which are simply trying to sell their own products.

If this list helps even one person, I'll be a happy little flower

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Tinkleflower,
Those are great links, I just love adding to my online info sites, thanks for those.
By the way have you read anything by Michael Tiarra, East West Herbs, here's a link to his site
www.planetherbs.com...

join