It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New spree of 419 scams.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Alot of you might be aware of the 419 email scam phenomena where you recieve emails from royalties, ex-heads of state, dead industrials wives and so on.

The scene had been quiet for a while when Europe and the US put some presure on Nigeria and other nations well known for being the originator of these scams.

Consequences from going into these scams range from loosing a good deal of money, to being kidnapped and held for ransom.

Now the last few weeks, I've been pickup up more and more of these 419 mails again, so I'll be posting them in here so people can see what mails to look out for and what to warn people about.

New developments in this type of scam is a much improved spelling and formating of the texts, better email addresses for the mails to be sent from and reply'd to and less unbelievable sources of money.

And before anyone sais it, YES there is loads and loads of people gulable or stuppid enough to actualy believe these mails.

Recieved 14/09/2005

Barrister Charles David Smith
Charles David Smith Chambers
201 Yarborough Street,
D4 7HK,London,U.K

Attn
ear Sir/Madam,

I am Mr. Charles David Smith ,a Forty Five (45) year old Attorney in practice here in London-England.I am the legal adviser to late Mr. Ben Gaye,a Consultant/Contractor with the with SONANGOL(Angolan national oil company) in Angola. Here in after shall be referred to as my client.

On the 21st of April 2001, my client, his wife and their only daughter were involved in a car accident along AV. De Fevereiro Expressway,Luanda,Angola.Unfortunately,All occupants of the vehicle lost their lives.Since then I have made several enquiries to locate any of my clients extended relatives,this has also proved unsuccessful.

Prior to the Death of my Late Client,He secured a contract of£12,500,000.00

million from SONANGOL.Consequently,He recieved 30% mobilization fee of £3,750,000.00 Million and successfully executed the contract.The balance of

£8,750,000.00 Million(70%) contract payment was in the Process of being transferred into My Late Client's Account which he submitted to SONANGOL before he met his untimely Death in the incidence.

Three Months after his sudden Death,SONANGOL effected the transfer of the balance of his Contract Funds into the Account that My Late Client has on his file with them.As his personal Attorney,I have been officially notified and instructed by the bank here in U.K where the money is currently deposited that I should provide and forward the particulars of Mr.Ben's next of kin so that the Funds in his Account can be remitted into his Next of Kin's Account in accordance with British Laws on Inheritance Claims.

However, as the personal attorney and close confidant of late Mr.Ben,I want you to know that My late Client died intestate,i.e,He died without leaving a Will.Hence,all my efforts to locate any of his relative whom I can present to the Bank has proved abortive.

After several unsuccessful attempts to locate My Late Client True Next of Kin/Relative, I decided to look for foreign partner with the same last name with my client to help repartriate the fund valued at £8,750,000.00 million

from the Bank as the beneficiary before it gets confiscated or declared unserviceable by the FINANCIAL INSTITUTION in United Kingdom where this huge amount was deposited. The said Bank has issued me a notice to provide the next of kin or have the fund confisicated within the next fourteen official working days.

For the fact that I have been unsuccesfull in locating the relatives for over 2 years now, I seek the consent to present you as the next of kin to the deceased,since you have the same last name with my client,so that the proceeds of this account can be release to you.Therefore, on receipt of your positive response, we shall then discuss the sharing ratio and modalities for transfer.

I have all necessary information and legal documents needed to back you up for claim. All I require from you is your honest cooperation to enable us see this transaction through.

I guarantee that this will be executed under legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law.Please get in touch with me through this email address box for more details:

[email protected]

Best regards,

Mr. Charles David Smith

[edit on 14/9/05 by thematrix]

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I just wish they'd actually do a bit of research...

Clicky clicky

It appears that the post code is non-existant...and so is the address.

But we knew that anyway. Am I expecting too much from scam artists?

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Hey, I said they were improving in some fields, no all

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I just got a scam email from someone claiming to be a from a masonic lodge somewhere in the US. I quickly realised it was a hoax after he offered me over 10 million dollars. I had a good laugh. I'll take 10 million dollars from the masons any day though!

top topics

join