It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. law professor proposes assassinating more suspected terrorists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
This guy - John Yoo, assistant Atty. Gen. under A$$croft is a real piece of work. First he advocated the use of torture on suspects held at Guatanamo and now he thinks we should kill more SUSPECTED terrorists... And THIS is America?! Not the America I thought I grew up in. Back when I was a kid, we would've called fools like him NAZIS.

I'm afraid this nation is beyond salvaging if this is what passes for mainstream thinking.
God help us.

U.S. law professor proposes assassinating more suspected terrorists

By Paul M. Barrett
The Wall Street Journal

09/12/05 "Post Gazette" -- -- In June, about 100 people gathered at the American Enterprise Institute, a conservative Washington think tank, to hear a lecture by John Yoo on "fighting the new terrorism." Mr. Yoo recommended an unusual idea: assassinating more suspected terrorists.

A law professor at the University of California at Berkeley, he said his proposal would require "a change in the way we think about the executive order banning assassination, which has been with us since the 1970s." Such a change is needed, he said, because it is wartime: "A nation at war may use force against members of the enemy at any time, regardless of their proximity to hostilities or their activity at the time of attack."
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

join