It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New FEMA boss is 'Duct Tape Man'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
So we do know this guy (they've tapped to head FEMA) since "Brownie" Brown quit... David Paulison was the guy that suggested we get duct tape and plastic to combat a possible chem/bio attack!

I don't know about y'all, but I feel so much better now!

New FEMA boss is 'Duct Tape Man' (Keith Olbermann)

SECAUCUS — If Michael Brown’s resignation this afternoon as the head of FEMA was supposed to end the political controversy over the administration’s response to Hurricane Katrina, it probably won't.

In another gesture symbolizing the continued confusion of the federal response, the man President Bush immediately named to succeed “Brownie,” proves to have been the same FEMA official who, two-and-a-half years ago, suggested that Americans stock up on duct tape to protect against a biological or chemical terrorist attack.
msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
These scum have no shame. I cannot believe Bush wouldn't do his homework to make sure we have a credible person in that position.

A credible person who takes his job SERIOUSLY, what he said was disrespectful to the American public.

I guess that's what he's looking for in his appointee's, since he doesn't want anybody better then him in these positions.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Well that sound very comforting. . .the next time you are on an imminent disaster get yourself some duct tape and do the best you can.

I guess the duct tape and plastic means to put it around your head then tape it and you will suffer less than waiting for some FEMA help to come any time soon.

I remember stores going out of duct tape after the announcement.

Who knows maybe he has some stocks in the duct tape business after all.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Jesus.

(to keep this from being a one liner)

Jesus. :shk:

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I have just one question.
Where are the Bush supporters?
This thread should be 12 pages by now with the so called "liberal media" getting the blame and lets blame anyone with common sense for anything mistakes the Bush admin makes.

How can Bush supporters agrue about Iraq and ignore what happening in there backyard?
Sometimes it good not to be an American I would be ashamed of any Aussies or NZders who blindly eroded the values of there country. At least the half baked leaders and there followers in NZ are aware that problem exist even if there solutions arent ideal.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Jesus. :shk:

Thas what I'm sayin!:shk:

Marg, your comment about wrapping the plastic and duct tape around your head while waiting for FEMA to get there is crackin me up!

Oh wait! This isn't even funny!

People, its every man for himself/herself.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Oh wait! This isn't even funny!

People, its every man for himself/herself.

I am glad I make you laugh before you see the irony of it, is not funny and you are right we have learn a lesson here "Every Man For Himself or Herself"

Get yourself a aid kid, Duct tape and plastic, a boat, enough supplies, and more important than anything is . . .

"A GUN"!!!!!!!!

Is a jungle out there and the government is not there to help you at least not in the beginingi.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Trust me.. I've been doing everything I can to prepare for quite some time now. What's bad is (and I base this on my military experience), you can never be prepared enuff!

I am working on a new plan for myself, tho. And for my cat and dog. This whole thing in New Orleans made me really aware of the need to prepare for them, too. I'll be d a mn to the d if I leave my little people behind!

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I tell you what I told my husband that if something happen and we have to leave our home, under any circumstances what so ever I would go to a shelter.

I don't care if we have to spend our entire Bank account in a hotel, I always have my daughters apartment or I will go move on my brothers places.

But I would not become a victim to the circumstances.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Marg,
Be glad you're one of the lucky ones. So many people out there have no other place to turn.

It's funny, but I mentioned the other day to a friend how prescient VP prez. candidate John Edwards' "Two Americas" campaign theme was. New Orleans/Katrina really drove his point home.

I tell you, in the not-so-distant future, I see the USA falling into third-world status b/c of our leaders' wreckless disregard for accountability (economically, morally, militarily, politically). Our nation is just about bankrupt. When the crash finally comes, we lucky ones had better be well stocked up and planned for.. otherwise we will fare no better than the evacuees from New Orleans.

I agree wit you Marg, the last thing on earth I would want is the government putting me and mine somewhere. I'd much rather take my chances without them. We may not have a choice, tho, if we fall victim to a terror attack. They can quarantine large swaths of the population.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
So we do know this guy (they've tapped to head FEMA) since "Brownie" Brown quit... David Paulison was the guy that suggested we get duct tape and plastic to combat a possible chem/bio attack!

I don't know about y'all, but I feel so much better now!

New FEMA boss is 'Duct Tape Man' (Keith Olbermann)

SECAUCUS — If Michael Brown’s resignation this afternoon as the head of FEMA was supposed to end the political controversy over the administration’s response to Hurricane Katrina, it probably won't.

In another gesture symbolizing the continued confusion of the federal response, the man President Bush immediately named to succeed “Brownie,” proves to have been the same FEMA official who, two-and-a-half years ago, suggested that Americans stock up on duct tape to protect against a biological or chemical terrorist attack.
msnbc.msn.com...

Duct tape and plastic sheeting is the most cost effective way to provide protection from an attack. Not everybody can afford a fallout shelter. The man is pratical, I think he will do his job well. Duct tape is useful and he knows it.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
C'mon people--don't knock duct tape until your try it. If it can hold on a car bumper, it can surely protect you from a nucular attack.

See this handy short film for instructions...

Duct Tape and Cover

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I have not idea that somebody make a cartoon of the "Duct and cover" Thanks for sharing the video link with us lmgnyc.

I will forever now will look at duct tape in another way.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Think we should buy stock in companies that make duct tape and plastic sheeting? Make money off people's stupidity?

For the record, we never bought any. And we laughed at those who did. People are so gullible. :shk:

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
This thread is comical.

I think its not a bad idea to have duct tape or plastic sheeting around the house. Both can be quite useful in almost any disaster. I have a few rolls of both at my house, I've been keeping them around since long before the government suggested keeping some.

Storm blows part of your roof off or breaks a few windows? Need to cover your belongings? Hey look I happen to have some plastic sheeting we could use that.
Hell, you could even use it as shelter if the storm wipes your house out.

And we laughed at those who did. People are so gullible.

Do you laugh when they tell you to keep a supply of food and water as well? Or are you one of the types that will be out there begging for water 24 hours after a tornado or some other event wipes out your neighborhood, because you don't prepare to survive.

Its not some scare tactic, its just relaying common sense.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skibum
Its not some scare tactic, its just relaying common sense.

Frankly, no. It's no more common sense to say that duct tape will save you from a chemical or biological terrorist attack then getting under your desk during a nuclear holocaust will enable you and your classmates to repopulate the earth.

It's stupid. Everyone laughed out loud long and hard about it. This was a while ago. No use defending "duct tape man" now as some home spun pragmatic life saving genius. He just had nothing better to recommend and had to say something. Bottom line, if you get "Daschled" you're screwed. And your killer, much like Osama Bin Laden, will probably never be caught.

top topics

join