It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst superhero Ever ... ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Let us not forget 'Orgazmo'!

Peace

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
As far as the worst superhero in the world goes...it just has to be Matter Eater Lad.... Aside from being able to star in a documentary about eating at McDonalds without any harm, his powers are useless. It's difficult to even come up with a situation where this "power" would be of any benefit aside from the obvious entertainment factor

Of course, Matter Eater Lad could dominate the pie eating and hot dog eating contests on the state fair circuit but does this justify admission into the league of Superhero's. ...... nope.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
okay aquamans powers are pretty lame but i think the worst superhero was this freaky alien called pokerface whose power was a huge head he lasted one episode
close runner up is the tarantula a cheap spiderman knockoff who used suction cups to climb walls

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
He is a villain, but Stilt-man always bothered me.

Look out! A man on stilts is robbing the bank! Who can help us?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Full Metal

Worse? Superman. No powers, just an alien who's planet has more gravity so on Earth he appears to be stronger.

This is actually a very good submission, as were your references to Green Lantern and Batman, although their popularity with the masses would turn people against voting for them.

There is a correction that needs to be made to your gravity hypothesis, unless you can support it further. In my understanding Kal-El developed "powers" on the planet Earth because we are in a yellow sun galaxy and he came from a red sun galaxy. If we went to the galaxy that Kal-El came from, we would develop powers.

Aside from my submissions of The Spleen, The Spanker and Mantis on the previous page, I feel the need to add one more:

SkepticOverlord. Powers so far seem to be limited to interchanging red or purple tights, posturing, pulling funny faces, and hiding when the going gets tough.

Perhaps the local talent could develop at least one graphic adventure where the resident man in tights does something useful for humanity, or tinfoilhatkind.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
MA, I was about to say maybe we get even weaker under a red sun, because I thought you were on to something.

Then I saw the cheap shot at Skeptic you felt compelled to take.

It's such a shame that you feel the need to waste your verbal skills on constant negative comments and cheap veiled jabs at people. I guess it's because you feel that your superior to others for some reason, so I guess my new vote is you for worst superhero.

After all...a super ego never can save the day.

Edit: And you forgot he DOES wield a ban hammer very well, and I can certainly think of one way that would certainly help humanity.

[edit on 22-9-2005 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
SkepticOverlord. Powers so far seem to be limited to interchanging red or purple tights, posturing, pulling funny faces, and hiding when the going gets tough.

I smell "double agent" pompous ass.

WTF was that for?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
S_O, so much profanity! watch out, Simon might give you a warning
(i'm just messing, don't punish me!)

Worst super-hero ever? Captain Planet by far, My favorites must be the Punisher and Batman because they HAVE no super powers, that's what I like.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I used to watch Captain planet.

Ever see this abomination, combo man?

When cross marketing goes bad...

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
The weaker gravity explanation for Superman's powers was utilized in the characters early Golden Age appearances. The red sun/yellow sun device was adopted in the Silver Age. It's not really fair to pick on the Legion of Substitute Heroes. They were supposed to be lame, that's why they didn't make it into the Legion. I can actually think of several occasions where I would have liked to have been able to accelerate plant growth. Matter Eater Lad's power comes in useful if you need to eat through a wall or a laser pistol.

No, the lamest superhero of all is Brother Power, the Geek, a living mannequin, hippy superhero.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   
...being a T.V. series and not a comic(or was it) don't know if it counts but My vote would go for The Greatest American Hero

What's really scary is I actually had the action figure

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Aw, Simon, that show wasn't bad! I liked it! Ok, it wasn't as good to watch as Wonder Woman, but WW had things to bring you back to the show every week that Greatest American Hero didn't!

Masked Avatar, did you just take an uncalled-for slap at someone on the board? I believe you did! I find it very disturbing that you would do that, right out of the blue and without provocation.

I also find something else interesting. Our very own superhero of our metropolis has worked without rest to build this city into what it is today. He has used money out of his pocket and immense knowledge (which also cost to aquire) to make the board what it is today. And you? You've done what? Graced us with your presence? Wow, thanks for the contribution. We needed someone to use big words to post mere opinion! What would the place be without that beautiful gift?
The ironic thing is, you come here, to the House that Skeptic Built, to insult Skeptic! Why, my old friend, would you do that? It seems so unnecessary and mean-spirited!

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

I smell "double agent" pompous ass.

WTF was that for?

No offense SO, I know you put a lot of work creating our "superhero"... but he never does anything. Maybe if he did something for a change I'd be more interested. Although I must say, he does look kinda nice, better then I could ever do but he is still lame. Waving around his ban hammer... thats no superhero, more like a dictator. He has no back story and never does nothing and you named him after yourself... I mean come on dude. Maybe we should have a forum in BTS only about our "superhero" where members and admins could develope his back story, maybe even have a series or something. Its better then having a useless dry "superhero". Hes more of a ATS mascot than anything else. Im sorry but I have to agree with MA on this one.

No disrespect intended, I know how much you (SO) has done for ATS, hell without you and Simon there probably would have never been an ATS. I just think that we NEED to expand our "superhero" and actaully make him into something super.

Also the banner that says and I quote " Skeptic says: Learn all about ATS or else...", sounds like a threat. Not exactly the best wisest thing to say, for a site that talks about the NWO.

[edit on 23-9-2005 by beyondSciFi]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   
This is A Good question. I have Narrowed my picks down to 3:bnghd:

1 Inspecter Gadget. He really needs to clock out and Keep workin.

2 Captain CaveMan and the Teen Angels although I loved the CAPTAIN CAVEEEEEMAAAAAAAAAN!! and the whole Cavvy Wavey thing

3 SuperDave Osbourne for Obivious reasons

Not sure if they all count but thats my 2 cents

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I think skeptic has a brother or something cos on one episode of justice league unlimited there's a "hero" who has no face and is a conspiracy expert think about it

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by obiwan15
I think skeptic has a brother or something cos on one episode of justice league unlimited there's a "hero" who has no face and is a conspiracy expert think about it

That's the Question, a fine Steve Ditko (famous as artist/co-creator of Spider-Man) creation from the Charlton comics company, bought out by DC and integrated (along with Captain Atom, Blue Beetle, Peacemaker, Nightshade, and Thunderbolt) into the DC Universe during Crisis. The Question was the inspiration (along with othjer Ditko vigilante Mr. A) for Rorschach in Alan Moore's "The Watchmen".

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
any chance anyone else remembers Herbie?

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

His lollipops powered him. My vote for worst.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   
What about Banana Man...

You remember...scrawny kid sees criminals....scrawny kid eats banana....scrawny kid turns buffed and sports stupid costume with banan's for ears......

go here to sing along to the intro...

www.80scartoons.net...

Then there was Roger Ramjet. Hero of our nation. The bloke with the big head who used to go on drug induced berzerker rages....

But i think the campest of the camp was Robin. He usually just got Batman in trouble, and that stupid red and yellow suit!

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Full Metal
Under Dog and Atom Ant are awsome! Leave them alone!

Worse? Superman. No powers, just an alien who's planet has more gravity so on Earth he appears to be stronger.

Also, Green Lantern. The color yellow was his weakness, I could attack him in a bannana suit and kill him. Also he had no powers, just his ring did, so give me the ring and I have powers.

Batman also, I mean, bored rich guy puts on tights, isn't that what Sigfreid and ROy do every night?

ok first superman has more than just strength, he can fly, he as super senses, he can shoot lazers from his eyes, and is indestructable
also he gets his powers from the earths sun not it's gravity infact when their are solar flairs his powers increase, in one comic he had gone too close to the sun and all his powers were increased dramaticly he even gained alot of musscle mass this was unfortunate since now he coulden't controll his powers verry well, this was touched on by the smallville seiries

when a normal person is esentialy charged by the radiaton from the red sun of krypton they do gain power tho not as much as super man they do become immune to all supermans powers and thus are capable of hurting him, this happened in a spiderman-superman crossover

and batman dosen't put on tights its called body armor have you seen batman begins yet

and its not the green lantern that has the weakness to yelow its the greer hornet who is esentialy a crappy mix of batman/superman as in he is some rich guy who dosen't have any real powers and has a stupid weakness

so yea the green hornet is by far my pick for the worst

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Actually the early green lantern (who had one hell of a weird costume) could not use his ring against anything yellow as there was a impurity in the metal of the lantern .He also was vulnerable against anything that wasn't metal such as wood and plastic. He could stop bullets but was helpless against a wooden club.Go figure

[edit on 22/12/05 by obiwan15]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join