It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Misfits: I think I'm obsessed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
That's right, I'm obsessed. I'm obsessed with the Misfits and Michale Graves. Michale Graves is the ex-singer of the Misfits. I've been obsessed for about 9 months now, and I decided it's time for me to come out
. It's all I ever listen to anymore! Since the Misfits haven't come out with a new CD in a while, it's pretty much Michale Graves at the moment. In my signature, that's what it always is... Misfits or Michale Graves lyrics. And I'm getting to meet Michale on the 29th!!! It's gonna be great.... Then, on the 17th of October, the Misfits are coming as well!

This is incredibly awesome, and I just thought I'd share. What do the rest of you think about the Misfits? Any questions? I've got all the answers...

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Man, I love the Misfits too. Mostly the orginal stuff, you know, Glen Danzig. I love it. I've got the Misfits box set and also the Samhain box set. If you like old Misfits, you'll probably like Samhain too. I've got a couple Danzig albums too. The Misfits are coming around here too, pretty soon, touring with .45 Grave I believe. I might go, but I'm not real into the newer stuff. Michael Graves is pretty good but it just doesn't do it for me like Danzig does.

Anyways, have fun man.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Heh, thanks a lot for the reply. Although I'm more a fan of the Graves era, I enjoy the Danzig era as well. Lately I've been finding unreleased and rare songs that Michale Graves has, and man... These are some of the coolest songs I've heard. I don't know why the guy isn't more famous than he is! My signature, at the moment, is from the song called "You awful me" by Gotham Road. The song's really cool. It starts off sort of folky, the moves into more of a hard-rock sounding song. It's got a generic, but really awesome solo at the end. Anyway, if you ever get a chance, you can try to find it yourself...or ask me for it

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I too am a big fan of the misfits, but not so much the micheal graves era, I like the danzig misfits with the exception of the song dig up her bones from the graves era, i think graves is an awesome singer, just not the misfits that they were w/ danzig

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Black Flag, Ramones, Descendents, Misfits, Sex Pistols, Exploited, Iggy - all and others were the soundtrack of my junior high/high school years in the 80s.

You might think it's strange that I've heard NOT ONE Misfits song post-Glen Danzig. I don't wear that badge as a good or bad thing. To explain, we just always listened to the classics and then when Danzing came out, we incorporated that into the rotation.

I'm probably older than you are. I don't claim to be wiser, but my scope of interest has evolved over time. I'd maybe say that you should try not to get too obsessed with the Misfits. Although, I guess I was a bit early on, learning to play guitar with some of their songs (ramones, sex pistols, easy stuff in general to play). Just try to level it out with some more "non-evil" rock. I guess I'm preaching, but I just saw, of all things, a great new film on Bob Dylan. He moved from acoustic folk to electric rock, was booed and all of these concerts and mocked the press hilariously at the height of his career. That guy was/is punk. Look for it everywhere.

NO one needs to see another all-black wearing ghoul.

(Thanks a lot, now I'm going to have all those catchy as sin songs going through my head all day) :bash:

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
OMG DUDE!! misfits rock ..yes i prefer the newer stuff shot me now but static age rocks! michale graves is a legend! and jerry only has got to be one of the best bass players ive ever herd famous monsters and american psycho are 2 of the best albums ever!

whaaoo descending angel stand by my side whaaoo we'll face the night descending angel!! *hums*

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The Misfits were the first band I was obsessed with a loooooonnnggg time ago. Although I refuse to acknowledge any singer except Danzig at the helm, I did see them with Graves at the Stone Pony, but it just wasn't the same. And I flat out refused to see them with Hidious; I personally don't care for him as we all run in the same circles/clubs in Jersey. I could tell you stories, but it's really not my place.

Anywho, are they even together anymore? When Danzig split I lost interest in both parties. Well, I mean for his solo career, I still liked Samhain.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
The Misfits were the first band I was obsessed with a loooooonnnggg time ago. Although I refuse to acknowledge any singer except Danzig at the helm, I did see them with Graves at the Stone Pony, but it just wasn't the same. And I flat out refused to see them with Hidious; I personally don't care for him as we all run in the same circles/clubs in Jersey. I could tell you stories, but it's really not my place.

Anywho, are they even together anymore? When Danzig split I lost interest in both parties. Well, I mean for his solo career, I still liked Samhain.

Yeah, they're still together, but it's more of a blend of Misfits and Black Flag. Dez Cadena is on guitar, Robo is on drums, and Jerry Only is on bass and singing. I respect Jerry and all, and initially liked his lineup, but it's getting a little old. It was supposed to be temporary, but it's now been 6 years since he's had a singer other than himself. One more year, and he's gone longer without a singer than with Danzig or Graves.

Graves is coming to Arizona again on the 4th of may, can't wait!

new topics

top topics

join