It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evacuee backgound checks happening nationwide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Something I suspected from the beginning.

evacuee background checks

It's possible criminals, who were being detained in LA, and some who were not under detention, may be "blending in" with other evacuees.
It's being compared to the same background check that would be run during a routine traffic stop.

Is this a good thing? or invasion of privacy?
If you offered your home to an evacuee, would knowing they passed a background check, make you feel more at ease?

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
No Perverts allowed! Yes, i would feel safer, but i'm more prone to help people with cash or food, anything but the sanctity of my home.

Sorry, I dont take in anyone after i had an experience with "the thing that wouldnt leave"

Communities should know who is around that could cause potential harm.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
"got anymore doritos?"

Google searching the topic shows that pretty much all the states that are offering up asistance. Are also running these checks.

www.google.com...

Considering what happened in the Superdome, it's probably a good idea.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I'm not so sure about this. Not that I don't agree that criminals need to be locked up but using this disaster to basically screen out the population of half of Louisiana doesn't sound so kosher. If we're going to do this now, then perhaps all of America should also go thru a screening process and clean up the whole country? Where should it stop? Should it even stop? Why be singled out when affected by a disaster only?

I don't know...mixed thoughts and feelings on this one.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Why be singled out when affected by a disaster only?

I think the main reason for them being singled out is the fact that many of them have no form of ID, no papers, etc...... The disaster is just the reason they lost those things not the reason for the background check (yeah, I know...it's still a good excuse to have one)

Anyways, this is really nothing new and probably nothing to worry about....they just check a few police databases, maybe check on a persons financial standing, IRS, etc... Which, when ya think about it, that may be the only way to verify who people are in some cases.

The money the victims are getting essentially come from us, the taxpayers. I don't want my money going to some chester, a thief or some dude that's wanted for murder and rape. We can't just give out the money to anyone, but then again....do we ever have say where our dollars go?

sporty

[edit on 11/9/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Too bad FEMA couldn't be bothered to conduct background checks on its own employees.

I was reading a story earlier today about FEMA employing criminals to do damage evaluations in NO. They've actually got felons on the payroll.

Some of us in the conspiracy community have been saying this for years.

Anyway, as to the issue at hand, they should be conducting background checks if these people are all going to be kept together, barring 24 hour armed security. These background checks are necessary to reduce incidents of violence and sexual assault.

I don't think it's unreasonable, personally. Then again, I'm not living in limbo, at the mercy of an alphabet agency. I might feel differently if I was a chicken in this particular pot.

top topics

join