It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emily Rose- 6 demons?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Can anyone remember the names of all 6 demons presented in the film? I can remember Judas...Nero..and Lucifer. What were the other 3???

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I haven't seen the movie, but a quick Googling suggests:

Lucifer, Judas Iscariot, Nero, Cain, Hitler and Fleischmann, a disgraced Frankish Priest from the 16th century, and some other "Damned".

Hmm. Sounds like just a bunch of evil people you can easily pick out of history and say they are demons possessing you, but I won't start up a debate about the validity of it, only answer your question.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Has anyone been able to find any links to this story that aren't directly related to the movie?
I have googled myself silly trying to find something prior to the movie that supports this story.
The movie is being portrayed as having a historical basis, but I can't find any info on it. Being a case that was supposed to have changed the way that the church dealt with exorcism there should surely be more info out there somewhere...

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Ilandrah, try searching for "Anneliese Michel". This is the real name of the girl that the "Emily Rose" movie was based off of.

Also try this post on the topic which has some good info into her life, many links to useful websites, and even pictures of the real person.

[edit on 11-9-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Well, the movie names different demons from the actuual Michel case.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
They must be afraid that the real demons might try to sue them

Actually from the pages I've seen, the demons did have the same names as the ones in the movie:

Sometimes the demons identified themselves -- as Cain, Nero, Judas, Lucifer, Hitler and others -- and even answered the exorcists' questions, explaining what was wrong with the church or why they were in Hell. "People are stupid as pigs," spat Hitler. "They think it's all over after death. It goes on." Judas said Hitler was nothing but a "big mouth" and had "no real say" in Hell.
Source

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Yeah, but I think there were a couple of extra..someone called "Legione" er something like that. Another demon's name started with a "B." hmm...crap..i wish i could think of them

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Beelzebuub? Baal? There are a whole lot of widely known, stereotypical demon names.

What I would really like to know if anybody can find the info (I cant) on how she got possessed in the first place. It is my belief that people do not normally just become possessed out of nowhere. They usually are dabbling in magic, channelling, or something similar when they become possessed.

Hmm I think I'd like to start a bit of research into possession and try to find a correlation between all of the cases. I honestly have no idea about what other cases there are, or how many. Anybody else know a few more famous cases?

[edit on 11-9-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Thanks Yarcofin for the extra information.
Here is a link in return about exorcism;
Devil in St Louis
Also check out The Bell witch

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ilandrah
Thanks Yarcofin for the extra information.
Here is a link in return about exorcism;
Devil in St Louis
Also check out The Bell witch

Thanks for the great link, Good Read!

I had heard that the original pastor was Lutheran, they too keep this type of thing quiet but I DO think that these 'possessions' still occur.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   
My family is Lutheran.... at least they have been forcing me to go to a Lutheran church with them for 18 years now, anyway
. I had never heard about a Lutheran Exorcism, or any of the rituals in place for dealing with it. I guess it is derived from catholicism like all other branches of Christianity, so they could just use the catholic documents. I suppose it is probably pretty "hush hush" and many catholics haven't even heard of it. All of my searches in Google for "Lutheran Exorcism" turned up offensive jokes. Oh well.

Good link too. So "The Exorcist" was actually based on a boy? hmm. Weird that the "real story" has no mention of him using a ouiji board that brought on all the events. I'll keep this in mind. (Or maybe he did and it wasn't kept in the priest's diary or something).

Well anyways enough talking and research about it for now. I start to get paranoid and think that I may be attracting demons by looking into it, although I am not even so sure that they exist.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   
i swear the scariest movie ever was the exorcist...........to this day i have not repeated watching the thing. i saw it when it came out ( i think i was in the 8th or 9th grade)..........i slept w/a nightlight on for weeks.

i have no plans to see emily rose.........but am interested in the question poised earlier..............

are there instances of demonic possession of people that do not dabble in the dark arts of some sort????

angie

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
For me the Exorcist wasn't that scary. The only thing that really scares me any more is those "Scary popup" flash pranks that people send you, where a scary face pops out of the screen towards you and screams, just as you lean in to turn up your volumn.

People running down the stairs backwards wasn't that scary for me, or the spitting stuff up, or the voices or anything really. Only the weird little flashes of demon's faces throughout the movie. Especially towards the start.

But I have heard a lot of rumors on set that some people died in the making of it, and everyone felt awful and/or terrified the whole time they were there, like the devil was actually there on set with them.

[edit on 12-9-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Just to add to the names of demons. They do refer to themselves as Legion meaning many as was noted in the movie the Exocist. It also mention Legion in the bible when Jesus cast out the demons into the swine, they told Jesus when asked who they were they replied we are Legion.

Balthazar, Belzabub, Azazel are a few more

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   

It also mention Legion in the bible when Jesus cast out the demons into the swine.

And then we eat the posessed pigs!
. And I thought Mad Cow sounded bad. That would be 100 times worse.

Here is a list with thousands of Demon Names:

Demon Names (There are more good links at the bottom too)

Wow. Such a disproportionate amount of "Christian Demonology" demons. What adds some validity to it for me is how so many of them are "cross-culture", showing up in three or more religions/cultures.

If you are really serious you might want to look into some Grimoires. Here is a list of some of the main ones:

demons.monstrous.com...

Please note the warning on the top of the page. As well as the names, these books also contain information on how to conjure such demons. I would highly discourage attempting this, just in case you end up in an 'exorcist' sort of situation yourself.

[edit on 12-9-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Hahaha the exorcist. A ver funny movie! Specialy the part when she pees on the carpet. I ad to laugh looking at th newer version. I think allot of people in the thater thought I needen and exorcism to.

But Annelise Michel, she had schizophrenia and she was hungerd to death. I remember watching a show about her were they explained everything.
Sadly I can't post a wikipedia link ecause it says posible copyright violation. That must be because of the movie.
It was a said death for somebody ho coud have been treated, if her family wouldn't have been so extremly religious. Nothing against any religion, but they took it to far.¨
Sorry to brust your buble, but I belive thats the way the cookie crumbled here.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Hey guys,

i saw the movie the day it came out. the one that you are trying to mention with a "B" was Belial. also the others you mentioned...hitler and what not. i think you misunderstood. she wasnt possessed by hitler or judas. when the demons were naming themselves they said "i am the one who dwelled WITHIN judas, i am the one who dwelled WITHIN hitler..etc. just thought i would clear that one up

also the 6th one you are trying to remember was satan himself. "and i am lucifer the prince himself." she said that and her eyes went all dark and there was a light glowing out of them.

for those of you that havent seen it...the movie was awesome. scared the crap out of me and i usually dont get scared in movies. WAY better than the exorcist movies. although im only 19 so when i watched it like 3 years ago the graphics looked really fake to me so i guess thats why.

Kind Regards,
DigitalGrl

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Do demon's lie? If so, how can we tell them from angels?
I just saw the emily rose movie, and considering my belief in such things, it had a strong impact on me.
Do demons exist? Do they possess some of us? If so, do they lie? I believe in angels, but I am not as firmly convinced about demons. Anyone's personal experiences would be welcome, either here or u2u, if preferred.

My reason for the query is that I wondered if she was the victim of just one demon who was lying, saying that he was 6 of them. Why would Lucifer bother with her, when there were 5 others all ready to go? Kind of like cutting butter with a chainsaw. I haven't seen a demon, though I would not turn down the chance to. It would probably be terrifying, but I still would not decline the chance to do so. I call Lucifer a gutless, chicken, cowardly, baby demon, pant wetting, thumb sucker, too scared to show himself.... regularly. I've done so for decades. Either he's not real, is too busy, too scared, or prefers subterfuge, working undercover to do his naughty deeds... I dunno. I do know he ain't showed up yet though.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Well, demons are known to be great decievers. Any time Satan shows up in The Bible, or demons in any other religion, they tend to be lying, trying to mess you up. They are said to often come claiming to be angels, your dead relatives, etc so that you listen to them, and then they start slowly decieving you. But I don't understand why they would lie and say they were.... more demons? :\. Are they compulsive liars? lol. Maybe just schizophrenia like people say too. The only way to tell really would be to go to a bunch of exorcisms and document them all. Ask the demons questions that the people 'possessed' shouldn't know the answers to. If they just make up some BS because they don't know, then they're schizophrenic. If they can answer things that they shouldn't possibly be able to know, then it's probably something else.

I have met a few people who "hear voices", but no full-blown possessions. So I can't really share much personal experience. Interesting little fact though... every one I know who heard voices had either dabbled in magic, read Anton LaVey's "Satanic Bible" and tried to do rituals, or did drugs at one point, or all of the above.

Tip: Don't worship Satan, kiddies. It's no joke.
>

[edit on 13-9-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
There was also Belial. Same as the title character in Basket Case.

I thought she said she represented the demon IN Nero, not that Nero WAS a demon.

"Fleischmann" the demon? Gimme a break. They shoulod have translated the guy's name from the German -- at least then his name would be "Butcher." And if we're talking butchers, I just want to add that Goebbels is a better candidate than anyone.

[edit on 17-9-2005 by Cliffie]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join