It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Instead of posting Anti this or that, can everyone post their feelings of George Bush NOW?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I thought it would be nice to hear from everyone, and in just a few words have you state how you feel about this government NOW. After everything we have seen so far.

Please be honest with yourself and others. This is not to ridicule anyone, simply just to see how we stand.

Thank you-

*How do you like George W. Bush now? *

No profanity or comments that are against ATS policies please.

I think he lacks all that is required to be a president and represent the United States of America.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Arent we supposed to have rules for threads like this? this is a baiting thread if ive ever seen one, this will only stir up sniping and flaming, mods do us all a favor and delete this.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I am sure the mods will either leave it or get rid of it.

I'd be the last one to want to start trouble here.

If you are not adult enough to handle it, stay away.

All the threads here are leading. In any case thank you for policing the board.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
about this much [----] give or take a dash.

(casts his line)

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
My feeling about George Duhbuya Bush is that he is
(a) a coward
(b) a bafoon
(c) a total puppet
(d) thoroughly ignorant and unable to acquit the duties his office requires
(e) a joke
(f) a danger to national security
(g) a national disgrace
(h) Lucky as H E double L to be born in the family he was.. without them, he'd be a refugee, struggling to survive on the kindness of strangers
(I) guilty of treason and war crimes

Beyond that, I could comment, but I won't. According to ATS' new rules, I am probly stepping outside of bounds right now.....

This is what's happening in our country's governance right now. It's pretty scary... This is definitely NOT the country I grew up in and believed in.. Our "leadership" has gone entirely off the reservation.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The guy flew over a bunch of drowning Americans in a helicopter on national TV. Granted its a big ol Sikorsky with no hoist, but he didn't get his feet wet rescuing anybody. Any True Action Hero would've kicked in a few rooftops and dragged some poor soul to safety. They would've made him President For Life. But he blew it. He spectated like any true football fan. The Army fiddled while the city burned. We all saw it; no baiting needed. Feelings? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

And that should tell you something.

Thanks for the thread, DG.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   
dg,

Love that avatar.

This is not the country I grew up in either. It is not the country I wore the uniform of, or the one I lost my hearing to protect.

This is not my country.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   
yeah your president is really bad

but who can u blame
you voted him into office

thats what you get for living in a try hard democracy

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Thanks for your comments. I thought we might hear some of the good things- I guess that's yet to come.

This is intended for both pro and con so dont be shy and post!!!!!

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Much as I personally think Bush is a bit of a twit (in a purely "You're an incredibly clueless piece of humanity, aren't you?" kind of way), I don't think he's personally responsible for all the ills in the USA.

He is not one man making every decision alone.

He is not one man who is infallible and not allowed to make errors in judgement.

And he is not one man who has personally created the current national tragedies.

Yes, I cringe every time I hear him speak - but that's more to do with his public speaking ability (or lack thereof), if I'm being brutally honest.

Yes, I find his extreme religious views distasteful, and his use of religion to further his political agenda is repugnant.

And yes, I think he's completely out of touch with the average American.

Oh. Yes, I think he was completely overzealous in his pursuit of the War on Terror, and that's going to kick him in the butt at some point. Hard.

I just hope we're still around to see the day.

However...

I also think he truly believes in what he's doing; and I genuinely do believe that he thinks he's doing the right thing for the people, regardless of whether those things are actually "right" or "wrong".

He's had to make some incredibly difficult decisions during his time as President, and I don't envy him that responsibility; even with the advisors doing their jobs, it cannot be easy.

I don't envy him the position, and at the same time I'm not sure Gore or Kerry would have been a better choice.

Different, yes. But better? I really don't know. Would things have been better?

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954

This is not the country I grew up in either. It is not the country I wore the uniform of, or the one I lost my hearing to protect.

This is not my country.

I'm right there with you.

And I hate the vacillation between rage and despair I've been going through for 4 years since my city was allowed to be attacked. The same team has been allowed to do it to us again, this time, with some projections counting 40,000 + dead Americans.
I was in my home gym, about 30 minutes into a "mountain climb" portion. They played "Ghost of You" by My Chemical Romance and "When September Ends" by Green Day, back to back. I watched the two videos and had to stop my ride, as I was just completely torn up and crying uncontrollably. After composing myself, I did my heavy bag workout.....despair/anger, tears/aggression......those are my feelings on the Nietsche like archetype embodied in this figurehead called GW Bush. It’s manifested itself in intellectual violence as well ( e.g. financial/political action, various writings, speaking ), with the fueling despair coming from the realization that our elected “representatives” have not visited that self same intellectual violence non-stop upon the Bush movement.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Bush is a great leader.

He is a winner and Democrats can't stand the fact that he won 2 elections.

From day one Democrats wait for him to make a move, any move, then attack that move. Whether it is good for the country are not.

They root for tragedy, bad economic news, more troop deaths, just so they can spew their hateful rhetoric, and rejoice in saying "see I told you so". Yet they offer no plans of their own. Their only plan is to criticize.

This strategy is not working, and if it were possible to run for a third term the results would be the same as the other two.

Once again Bush is a great leader, and instead of criticizing, Democrats should give their own plans and maybe a leader will emerge.

Until then Democrats will forever remain the loyal opposition.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Half the World hates the man.
Yet he still goes to work everyday.
Except when he is on vacation, where work comes to him.

He may not be the great orator of our time.
But the ability to talk, does not equal the ability to do.

When the democrats are looking for someone to blame (for EVERYTHING),
there he is. He takes it like a man.

When our Country was attacked, he didn't just lob a few cruise missles.
He took the fight to the enemies. I think they know he's serious now.

And currently he again is taking the blame for a regional problem that has been around for longer than him..

Thats all I have to say 'bout that..

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I think he need bible school, as he's claimed himself to be a christian, much like sadam claimed he was a new muslim, yet both their actions spoke of a different nature.

I believe Bush believes in a foreign policy that is unconstitutional and un american, I believe he is fighting a just war while being completely irresponsible about tax payer's money to fund this cesspool.

I used to believe in his social security rant before he got elected, now his actions speak of a different nature. Same goes with abolishing the irs.
Whatever happened to that idea?

He's been too busy with thinking about war that american policies aren't being reformed or amended for the betterment of this country and people's wallets.

I believe he is authoritative in nature and that is dangerous for this country, his body language and speech tells me so.

His appointee's share the same kind of authoritative ideology and their membership to the pnac organization 'think tank' group tells me so.

I believe he was a different man in 2000 then he is today because it was an act.

I believe he is following in his father's foot steps towards a uni-polar world as proven by agreements brought around to different countries across the globe, as proven by India's prime minister and Russia's, when they publically came out and denouned it.

Where was this on American's news?

When you don't hear about this sort of thing in your own countries national news coverage, you know you are being misled, lied to, and having vital information about your countries leader's denied to you.

This tells me that we have a problem which includes a mix of propaganda/distorting (this has to do with other issues of politcis in america) and a media dictatorship.

'you will only know what we want you to know about us' type of dictatorship.

There are certain facts that we don't know about, that other countries do about us.

Be fore warned and take caution.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I think Bush is a puppet. He's like the goofy nerd kid in school that the A-list kids get to do their dirty work. Then he thinks he's cool when he flashes the finger or slips in a funny line. He giggles and looks around nervously to check the response and bask in the approval.

Pitiful, really. I do feel sorry for him. Sad.

He uses the Christian religion as a shield and a sword, but has no real connection to it that I can see. It's simply a tool that works for him.

He's desperately trying to live up to some standard that he simply doesn't have the equipment for. He's trying to make his father and his family proud, trying to be someone. But even with the title of the most powerful person in the world, he's a miserable phony and a failure.

Just a reminder, this thread is about what you think about Bush, not Democrats.

top topics

join