It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just what is going on down there?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I had the Weather Channel on just about all night as Katrina was approaching Louisiana. Over and over, it seemed, they were talking about how they'd have buses for people who could not evacuate--BEFORE Katrina made landfall.

Whatever happened to those buses? It's not like they would have been in a traffic jam...they had contraflow on the outgoing freeways to get people out more quickly (along I-10, I-59, and I think US 90 to name a few).

Now with the communications down and martial law and everything, along with FEMA's gross negligence...I'm wondering, just what in the world is going on?

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The superdome, in hindsight, was a poor choice for a huuricane shelter. But the city did provide transportation.

Nagin orders first-ever mandatory evacuation of New Orleans

Around 112,000 Orleanians do not own cars, according to census data. Nagin urged those people to seek rides with friends, family, neighbors and church members. Those who could not find rides were urged to get to the Superdome as quickly as possible.

Regional Transit Authority buses were scheduled to ferry people to the dome from 12 locations around the city beginning at noon today.

Meantime, to make sure word of the mandatory evacuation gets out, Nagin said that police and fire crews would be driving through neighborhoods Sunday with bullhorns, directing people to leave.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Busses were sent to different locations to pick up people and take them to the superdome. They could not force people to leave their homes.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I read in an article on Drudge that many of the bus drivers were women and became frightened and or were unavailable to drive the buses. An effort was made to round up drivers but there weren't any.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
For the first time in the History of US Disaster Response, Private Aid was turned away for days as Military Elements moved in, and began systematicly dismantling the Posse Comitatus Act. Stories abound of people being told they couldn't leave the city, questions have been raised as to the extent of the criminal elements during the crisis. I don't know, it just doesn't sound like a normal disaster response to me.
I'm afraid what we are seeing is a Ruse. The next step, once they play a round or two of "The Blame Game", what is sure to follow is a flurry of Legislations and Executive Orders designed to finance and eventually empower The Department of Homeland Security and other Federal and State Organizations to the extent of Private Citizens being disarmed and forcibly relocated, even killed. There are always two really good ways to dig into this sort of thing, one is the age old Que Bono, the other is Follow the Money. This is a classic Order From Chaos Manuever.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
I'm afraid what we are seeing is a Ruse. The next step, once they play a round or two of "The Blame Game", what is sure to follow is a flurry of Legislations and Executive Orders designed to finance and eventually empower The Department of Homeland Security and other Federal and State Organizations to the extent of Private Citizens being disarmed and forcibly relocated, even killed. There are always two really good ways to dig into this sort of thing, one is the age old Que Bono, the other is Follow the Money. This is a classic Order From Chaos Manuever.

twitchy, we hardly ever share the same thoughts, on this I have to wholeheartedly agree with you.

athough I would bet that we probably would disagree on who is doing the ruse.

The CNN/Gallup poll that cited 13% believed that FEMA was wholly at fault are the same people who will drive the ruse to its final conclusion - are they dupes or do you believe they realize the end result?

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
I had the Weather Channel on just about all night as Katrina was approaching Louisiana. Over and over, it seemed, they were talking about how they'd have buses for people who could not evacuate--BEFORE Katrina made landfall.Whatever happened to those buses? It's not like they would have been in a traffic jam...they had contraflow on the outgoing freeways to get people out more quickly (along I-10, I-59, and I think US 90 to name a few).Now with the communications down and martial law and everything, along with FEMA's gross negligence...I'm wondering, just what in the world is going on?

I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said. Using the term Ironic or coincidental doesn't even come close... This is all intentional and you can bet the boo coo bucks are behind it all..

Bush's mother gave it away quite clearly with her remark about poor people...

And btw,

I can't believe you got a WARN for that... What was so wrong about that post anyway?

new topics

top topics

join