It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War For The Caspian Sea aka War On Terror

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
When we put all the lies and conspiracies together we begin to see the truth of the War on Terrorism.

We, excuse me, the U.S. government and other powers that be have been struggling to assert control over the Caspian Sea resources for quite a few years now.

Here is a link to a government site to further elaborate the interests of the Department of Energy, or more so companies within the U.S. that have connections to members of the government.

The U.S. has Afghanistan and Iraq now. We've been hearing a lot about Iran but I think they are an unnecessary factor. More importance lies in the ability to export the resources.

Here is a link to provide more info about the plans and the men behind them. Take special note of Defense Planning Guidance on March 8th, 1992.

For the time being American companies have their fill of natural gas and oil. I believe the motive here is to actually restrain China and other up-and-comers from possible superpower status so that America is always on top.

Another interesting factor of the Caspian Sea region is Chechnya and the Chechen rebels. It’s quite obvious why Russian held onto this region even though it was sure to be a problem. Russia’s own “War Against Terror” could be a category of its own.

I am partially assuming that the events of 9-11 were either known of or supported by the U.S. government. We now obviously have some motives.

For the U.S. to retain such control over its citizens thru the Patriot Act and its extension, with terrorism as the scapegoat, there is clearly more going on here than just capturing the resources of Central Asia.

There are many issues that are contained within this topic which should rightfully spawn their own threads but to provide a broad analysis I thought I should post this. Please reply with thoughts, links, or information pertaining to the political maneuvering for the Caspian Sea and the War on Terror as a front for things of this sort.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
the u.s. is involved in areas surronding the caspian area. funny how we always seem to be where the oils and WHERE THE OIL IS GOING TO BE SHIPPED THRU. hmmmm it's all just a coincidence....AMERIKA can't help it if the terrorist hang out around the oil producing areas.
www.abovetopsecret.com... another thread about this very subject.................

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Very good thread, ive been saying this exactly same thing in other threads too.

On the other hand China knows the intensions of the US, and they are frantically busy with creating some cheap alternative power source to be independant on oil.
I think the US has already this kind of alternative solutions, they are holding the technology back because 1. Oil is too intertwined with their economy, also the dollar is too dependant on oil and they are making big bucks now with the rising oil prices.
2. With their mentioned strategy to keep rising countries in check to be the one and only superpower for years te come.

I think the US knows that China will sooner or later come with a alternative for oil, but in delaying this process with this strategy their own black budget based weaopon technologies will be powerful enough too easilly defeat china.

So it is essentially a race against the clock for both, for China to keep out of US claws and or the US to become the one and only superpower.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I recently watched a documentary where journalists were following the pipeline under construction from the Caspian on. This is an immense undertaking through territories which fluctuate radically politically. The entire pipeline is also being buried.
I wish I could produce a link, but I never caught the title at the time. Maybe someone here can provide it.

I considered doing a thread on this after watching it, but decided against it when I had so little info. Nice to see someone touch on this.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
BBC Linky

Back when I worked for a company who supplied industrial nuts and bolts to certain petrochemical companies, I remember my boss taking a trip to Azerbaijan, precisely to see what, if any, business could be procured.

The pipeline has been an international effort and was built by a consortium led by UK oil giant BP, which has a 30% stake.

Other consortium members include Azerbaijan's state oil company Socar, Amerada Hess, ConocoPhillips, Eni, Inpex, Itochu, Statoil, Total, TPAO and Unocal.

BP seems to be holding the key.

Then there's this:

for energy-hungry countries such as the US the pipeline was a strategically important non-Russian, non-Middle Eastern source of oil.

Yes, yes it is. Specially since eventually Kazakhstan will also be providing oil for that pipeline...

There's a link to the video on the BBC site, masqua

I'm trying to find a different subjective source, too, but I'm coming up empty-handed.

new topics

top topics

join