It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft to design city high school

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The Bill Gates Foundation is, aw, so sweet. It's donating $46 million high school to design it's own highschool.

"We're looking at how technology can impact all aspects of the school - the way learning and teaching goes on in the classroom and also in how the school is operated," said Anthony Salcito, a Microsoft director. "We will create a school that operates more effectively and more efficiently."

Why do I feel a shiver down my spine? Something about getting used to Big Brother? ... what happens when it crashes?

www.philly.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Although I am tempted to say that the current state of education couldn't get worse, I now feel that it could. It sure would be nice if Bill would use some of those billions to make his crap operating system and software work without constantly crashing. Hopefully he will hire outside help and keep his hands off of the school.

BTW 46 million for a school sounds like an Awfully large sum for a school. Let's hope this idea doesn't take over like windows.

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Don't know whether to Laugh or Cry.

another choice quote:

(On Microsoft running the school...)
"They will be in an advisory capacity. We're still running the school," said Ellen Savitz, the district's chief development officer. "There's no fear of a corporation somehow overtaking the educational focus.""

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   
it will be a university of Bill gates.
Known as GATES UNIVERSITY of GLobal computer buissness studies or some crap!

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I can see it now...you're late to class...

*In a Stephen Hawking voice modulation*

"Excuse me....where is...your hall...pass?"

Uhmm....

"Prepare....to be...shocked..."

*electric arc out to the student*

"That will be....10 demerits.....have a nice day...."

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   
lol, nice
I always wanted a taser..
You know with 46 million, he could hire a company of Russian mercenaries for school security.

Would you want to send your kid there?
- Tassadar

top topics

join