It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone hear Coast to Coast am tonight?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I was excited when I heard that Art Bell was going to be back guest hosting for George Snorey....I mean Noory. But I'm kind of dissapointed that he let this Craig Winn guy go on and on without challenging him. Winn ruined all his credibility when he started talking about how Yahweh told him to expose the evils of Islam.

The guy even said that he hated religion because it's caused wars and suffering throuout history. But Christianity isn't a religion he says. It's completely blameless and no evil was commited in its name.

I just wanted Art to mention something about the Crusades, Spanish Inquisition, Salem Witch trials, etc. He just let the guy go on and on without questioning him. And the callers.....I guess that's the kind of idiot listener that George Noory's rein over Coast to Coast has produced. (sigh)

Anyway, if anyone heard the show, please respond.

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Religion has always been a war tactic.
Religion didn't start the wars. People started the wars using the twisting of faith.

Does the war on terror really have anything to do with religion? All the major players seem to indicate that their god is on their side.

- " Well, my God can piss farther and better than your God " !

But what Gods are we talking about? What Gods are they talking about?

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 05:17 AM
link   
MY oh MY...

C2C is a forum...to sell books, and it takes some
wordage to make the book interesting & BUYable!!

i think Art did a real good job 'corraling' Winn from
the attemps to 'evangilizeing' hiz personal spins!

Winn, on the other hand, spelled out clear, that
Fundamentalist-Jihadist:: ISLAM is a Violent faith!

**my own take too--- but i must mention that**
CHRISTIANITY is a Bloody faith!
VEDIC is a quantum-Head Tripp!
~~viktor/, dupont circle-P street, commune 1969~~
+++++

your thinkin clear Flinx, Christians are in religions...
it was the ...ancient Israelites which made COVENANT
with 'their'personal God, aka YHWH
so mr winn loses that proposition.

Winn, does make good Story, but I'll wait till it sells
for under a dollar, before i invest..
+++

WHAT really GOT me was WHEN the phrase "ON A
MISSION" by God/YHWH to release this (book/info)

weren't the Bakkers', on a mission to make
themselves rich ( by hook or crook ) as evidenced
in courts of law. I DON'T KNOW IF any LINK exists

The way I see it, if his stuff is 'real' then it will come
around again, i will recall his info, then I'll research
into his books, stories, etc

mornin there...s/riff raff

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
I was excited when I heard that Art Bell was going to be back guest hosting for George Snorey....I mean Noory. But I'm kind of dissapointed that he let this Craig Winn guy go on and on without challenging him. Winn ruined all his credibility when he started talking about how Yahweh told him to expose the evils of Islam.

The guy even said that he hated religion because it's caused wars and suffering throuout history. But Christianity isn't a religion he says. It's completely blameless and no evil was commited in its name.

I just wanted Art to mention something about the Crusades, Spanish Inquisition, Salem Witch trials, etc. He just let the guy go on and on without questioning him. And the callers.....I guess that's the kind of idiot listener that George Noory's rein over Coast to Coast has produced. (sigh)

I hope Art fares better with the open line show tomorrow and Ghost to Ghost on Halloween.

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 06:48 AM
link   
God created everything.
Man created religion.
God did not create religion.
Religion is an organized "thing",kind of like a team,this team wears one uniform,that the other,the uniforms of a team are different so they can tell each other apart in competition,which is mock battle and originated when armies had no wars to fight.
Opposing teams trying to do the same thing.
Wars are constantly fought over religious differences,this group says that you must recognise God in this way,the other says you do it that way.
Each team thinks that they will win because they are the better team,they think they have a monopoly on God because they think they are the only ones worshiping God correctly.
All of the things that have happened,like the inquisition,salem witch trials(which really most resembles the war on terror to me),the crusades,happened because by george if they weren't going to worship God according to the way that was acceptable to the teams beliefs,they would be destroyed.
religion in an Indirect way was created by God only because God created everything,really though it is the deciever who caused all of this through this competition which causes so much damage.
If you do not understand this,that is expected,the world has been this way for a long time,but not always.
Two things cause wars:
Governments and religions.
Teams.
Christianity is not a religion if it is left as it was meant to be in the beginning,in the original scriptures it was clearer,but over time the scriptures have been changed,there are earlier religious texts which make things more clear.
The Geneva Bible.
The Tindale Translation Bible.
But if you do not have the patience to look past someones views that disagree with yours,you probably won't have the patience to read the early translations either.

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I get up so early that I'm not able to tune in on week nights but I plan on listening to open lines. Those are my favorite anyways. As for Islam being a violent religion, well, to those who know me, you already know my views on that one, but to those who don't, I'll just say that any religion or race for that matter who openly dispoused goal is the genocide of everyone on earth that doesn't conform isn't good at all..and that many on this forum go to great lengths to show Islam as something other than that but actions speak louder than words.

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 08:56 AM
link   
just a couple of thoughts on the subject

More people have died in the name of "God" then any disease in the world.

Religion = Organized cult

Thats all

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 09:15 AM
link   
How hard is it to understand?.
God DID NOT create religion,MAN DID!.

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheyWatchYouToo

Originally posted by Flinx

I hope Art fares better with the open line show tomorrow and Ghost to Ghost on Halloween.

I'm almost considering trying to call in on Open lines to call Art on not challenging Winn, but I'm really too much of a chicken to do that. Millions of people, listening to my voice... (shivers)

Anyway, my beef wasn't with the guy saying Islam is warlike....sure it is, like alot of religons. Same tired old argument that no one can do anything about.
My problem was that Winn totally ruined any professional credibility he had when he started taking about "Yahweh" protecting him from the terrorists, whispering in his ear and telling him to write books on the evils of Islam. And they made fun of the caller that said Sammy Davis Jr. woke him up in the middle of the night. Seems like the same thing to me...

When he started blabbing about end times and all, I knew he wasn't quite right.

new topics

top topics

join