It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Many Israelies Died In The WTC On 911?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

CNN only shows one at their 911 memorial page, but she was on flight 77.

Didn't I hear somewhere that there was supposed to be over 4000 Israelies in the WTC?

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I think this was one of the earlier rumors that were going around right after 9/11. There were at least 5 Jewish deaths, with 3 being in the WTC and 2 on the planes, but I'm not sure how many worked there. I'm pretty sure it wasn't anywhere near 4000.

From Wikipedia..

The figure "4,000" was probably taken by Al-Manar from a Jerusalem Post article of September 12 (p. 3), which said "The Foreign Ministry in Jerusalem has so far received the names of 4,000 Israelis believed to have been in the areas of the World Trade Center and the Pentagon at the time of the attack." This number, obviously, was not (as Al-Manar claimed) restricted to employees; in fact, Tsviya Shimon, minister of administrative affairs for the Israeli consulate and mission in New York, said on September 14 "that there might have been up to 100 Israeli citizens working in the World Trade Center".

Source.

There were a lot of other odd political issues around 9/11, like the wargames being so similar and being held on the morning of 9/11, leaders' and NORAD responses, etc. I think the real issues are the collapses of the towers, though. They were the obvious problems of 9/11 from a physics perspective, and the explanations of their collapses by FEMA and NIST seem to have become the magic bullet theories of 9/11. If you're looking for something odd with 9/11, you'll find it looking around those lines, I think.

Edited to fix the linky.

[edit on 8-9-2005 by bsbray11]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
4,000?

Where did you hear that?

this article say only about 100 worked there.

www.snopes.com...

www.snopes.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
4,000?

Where did you hear that?

this article say only about 100 worked there.

www.snopes.com...

www.snopes.com...

It seems the 4000 number came from the Israeli Foreign Ministry the day after 911.

usinfo.state.gov...

The 4,000 figure apparently came from an article entitled "Hundreds of Israelis missing in WTC attack" which appeared in the September 12th internet edition of the Jerusalem Post. It stated, "The Foreign Ministry in Jerusalem has so far received the names of 4,000 Israelis believed to have been in the areas of the World Trade Center and the Pentagon at the time of the attacks."

Yet none of them died, at least according to CNN's 911 memorial page.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I think this was one of the earlier rumors that were going around right after 9/11. There were at least 5 Jewish deaths, with 3 being in the WTC and 2 on the planes, but I'm not sure how many worked there. I'm pretty sure it wasn't anywhere near 4000.

ISRAELIES NOT JEWS!

There would be no certain way to know the religion of the victims, but NATIONALITY should be known for all.

If it was only five Jews out of all that would have been there that's more than a miracle.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel

ISRAELIES NOT JEWS!

There would be no certain way to know the religion of the victims, but NATIONALITY should be known for all.

If it was only five Jews out of all that would have been there that's more than a miracle.

Well, the article mentioned Jews instead of Israelis, so I figured using the term Israeli would be inaccurate to the article. The vast majority of WTC employees did make it out alright, though, if they even had to work that day.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
One word responses are not acceptable on ATS so I am writing a complete sentence here to express one word, Odigo.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Are we talkin' 'bout jews, or Citizens of the State of Israel? I'd be super surprised if there were only a hundred jewish people out fo the ~3k that died in the attacks.

I mean, the WTC was supposed to hold several thousand people, its in NYC, and there's onyl a handful of jewish people there?

Some world controlling zionist conspiracy they've got there.
They're supposed to secretly rule the world, according to some, and thats all they have in the World trade center??

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Yet none of them died, at least according to CNN's 911 memorial page.

Why should they? The "4,000" figure related to friends and relatives who couldn't be contacted on 9/11, and MIGHT (only) have been in the area. Relatives might call for people who just lived in New York somewhere, and weren't answering the phone, "just in case". There's nothing suspicious about that, it's exactly what you'd expect.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Really - I am tired to read such urban legend postings.

[...]

A total of 2,071 occupants of the World Trade Center died on September 11, among the 2,749 victims of the WTC attacks. According to an article in the October 11, 2001, Wall Street Journal, roughly 1,700 people had listed the religion of a person missing in the WTC attacks; approximately 10% were Jewish.

A later article, in the September 5, 2002, Jewish Week, states, "based on the list of names, biographical information compiled by The New York Times, and information from records at the Medical Examiner's Office, there were at least 400 victims either confirmed or strongly believed to be Jewish." This would be approximately 15% of the total victims of the WTC attacks.

[...]

Identifying Misinformation

Rebekka

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

A later article, in the September 5, 2002, Jewish Week, states, "based on the list of names, biographical information compiled by The New York Times, and information from records at the Medical Examiner's Office, there were at least 400 victims either confirmed or strongly believed to be Jewish." This would be approximately 15% of the total victims of the WTC attacks.

400 Jews, but no Israelies.

Isn't that a little odd to anyone?

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   

400 Jews, but no Israelies.
Isn't that a little odd to anyone?

Please explain why there would be one single solitary israeli in the buildings at all???

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
According to this, only one Swede was killed!

Bork, bork, bork!

And don't any of you find it highly suspicious that not a single Panamainian was killed? What was Noriega's role in this?

top topics

join