It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: California Earthquake Could Be the Next Katrina

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Over the last several years there have been exercise after exercise conducted on how to safeguard the people of America. In August of 2001 FEMA [Federal Emergency Management Agency] along with the U.S Geological Survey conducted one where they outlined the three most likely events to hit America:
  1. A terrorist attack in New York.
  2. A super-strength hurricane hitting New Orleans.
  3. A major earthquake on the San Andreas fault.
They were all instructed in them in that order...the order which they have so far came to pass in.

news.yahoo.com
U.S. Geological Survey seismologist Lucy Jones remembers attending an emergency training session in August 2001 with the Federal Emergency Management Agency that discussed the three most likely catastrophes to strike the United States.

First on the list was a terrorist attack in New York. Second was a super-strength hurricane hitting New Orleans. Third was a major earthquake on the San Andreas fault.

Now that the first two have come to pass, she and other earthquake experts are using the devastating aftermath of Hurricane Katrina as an opportunity to reassess how California would handle a major temblor.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is just mind-blowing.

Since Katrina hit, ATS [members] have began to speculate on the idea that Katrina was manipulated by an external force and not natural. In some cases people have gone as far as to claim that it was made by the Government.

As many of us know their is still an active debate around 9/11 with more and more pieces of evidence coming to light on the issue and now this?

FEMA had pre-planned what should happen in these events and yet were slow to react but worse yet - does this allow more credability for what has been said?

Is there a "Shadow Government" at work in the World and are we all pawns in their games for World Domination?

If the third comes to pass while Bush is still in Office - pack your bag and head for Mexico because just maybe those "crazy people" were in fact the sane ones all along...

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Can Katrina Play the Harp, Or Does the H.A.A.R.P Play Katrina?
Op/Ed: Beyond Salvage: Was New Orleans Destroyed on Purpose?

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Well, since I live 3-4 miles from the San Andreas, and about 10 or so from the Hayward fault I will throw in my 2 cents here.

Having felt the Loma Prieta quake which was a 6.9 or so, the type of quake they are talking about is a Richter 8+ which would be up too 100 times stronger that that one. As my dad the civil enginer puts it, if its a 9.0 all bets are off if a building will survive. The Bay and Golden Gate bridges may survive a quake that strong, the roadways would be unusable and the approaches would be down rendering them unusable. The only things that he thinks will stay up is the older cellular phone antenna's that were build to a Cold War requirement to survive nearby nuclear blasts.

We were prepared before and now it quite apparent that if "The Big One" hit we are on our own.

To That End:

We have a comprehensive disaster kit:

14 day supply of MRE's for 10 people
200 Gallons of potable water
Shelter
Excavation equipment
Generator
Comprehensive Medical Kit (I can do minor surgury, chest tubes etc)
Calling cards from several companies
Solar charger for cell phone and batteries.
Backpacking equipment if we have to get mobile
Self protection

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   
It is possible that the HAARP project is being used to cause disturbances.Nikola Tesla claimed he could split the Earth in half and its his genius that fuels the HAARP project

la2

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
This was reported on by FOX NEWS, they seemed to believe that it was emergency planning drills, 'worse case senario's'.

The point was that once 9/11 took place the government took time to respond, and in the fall out neglected the research into how to deal with the other 2, thus the terribly slow response to Katrina. It is however highly suspect considering they appear to be an agenda rather that a senario list.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I'm glad people do not think this has a place on ATSNN and the source is bias. I'll make sure to not use Yahoo! or The Times in future.

If you read over the article it is clear FEMA picked what they would see as “Three most likely” events to hit America. All three of them are clearly able to happen and two have came to pass in rather quick succession only four years apart.

What I find odd, is the way in which it was all handled. Recently it has came out that 9/11 was known about prior to it happening. You then have reports on ATSNN of people saying they warned the Government about it and now you have it listed by FEMA as the most likely event to happen next in America and they also get the second right - however both responses were handled very badly. This coincidence is…well amazing.

They know about it.
Pre-plan what they should do and;
Do not implement their plans.

To me it looks like FEMA and the Government organisations new of 9/11 and began to train people a month before for it - so as to possibly save as many lives as possible.

If Katrina was made stronger by the Government who knows?

However, we know that their has been research into controlling the weather since Tesla in the early 1900’s and how far technology has came since then.

An earthquake would be easy enough to manufacture with an explosive at the right point or points.

The only real problem is if Katrina could be controlled or strengthened? Which could explain the four year delay - waiting for the right hurricane?

la2

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   
depends if u believe about HAARP and weather manipulation. if you do then its plausable that both could now easily be created, or manipulated.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Perhaps God is punishing us for Bush!

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Well i have even heard government officials warning about scalar interferometers, which can cause all sorts of chaos. For our government creating a hurricane is a very simple task, even 20 years ago, earthquakes are even simpler.

Our government didn't just let 9/11 happen, they planned the whole thing. They had similar plans in 1969 so anyone who thinks it is insane, you need to think again because it is fact. FEMA was in on 9/11 i think they were carrying out a nuclear drill that morning, i am sure it was supposed to go live like the rest of the drills. Cheney was in command of all the drills that day, NORAD was having one with the CIA.

The drills started the exact same time the planes were hijacked and were identical to exactly what happened that day. The odds of that happening are through the roof, so you could say nearly impossible. We have witnesses seeing other government planes at the time of the crashes, surveying, yet we couldn't shoot them down. It wasn't just our own government, i know Britain was involved, Israel, and many G8 countries as well.

There is so much evidence it puzzles me why they haven't been arrested yet, even if they were tried in Los Angele's they would be found guilty. So the point it that it is a big possibility that this hurricane was a man made storm. It would explain why FEMA was working harder to stop help from coming than actually helping the victims themselves.

Here is an interesting piece of info i found, about a hurricane called Catarina.

"Meteorologists do recognize periods of increased or decreased hurricane activity for various reasons[ ] , but they do not consider deliberate human induction of hurricanes or human control over their direction, power, and progress. Indeed, in latter March of 2004, Hurricane Catarina ¾ the first-ever recorded hurricane in the South Atlantic formed and came ashore in Brazil on March 28 with 90 mph winds, doing substantial damage. So while the conventional wisdom is that hurricanes cannot form (naturally) in the South Atlantic; this one did and “broke all the records”. It appears to have been a “deliberate probe” by the Yakuza: Produce and drive ashore a hurricane where the textbooks state one is impossible, to test whether Western governments and scientists recognize the artificial weather engineering. The answer, of course, is that as expected the West did not recognize its importance, or that it was a deliberate “stimulus.” Western meteorologists and governments simply shrugged off Hurricane Catarina as an interesting little phenomenon but of no great concern."

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
There's always the thought of a major earthquake along the New Madrid failed rift. Possibly 9.0 right in the solid center of the country. Major destruction capability.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Here are some links to the possible major damage of a New Madrid quake:

quake.wr.usgs.gov...

quake.wr.usgs.gov...

new topics

top topics

join