It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic power over my ipod shuffle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I think I spelt Pshychic wrong.

Anyway, that's not the point. When I'm listening to my ipod shuffle on shuffle mode, and I really want a certain song to be next, sometimes it is. Unless it's some really bizarre coincidence, the odds of the song I want next is about 1-120 or something like that. Has this happened to anyone else?

mod edit, spelling in title

[edit on 7-9-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Not terribly unlikely in the first place, but to show any sort of effect you'd need to look at the times that you do want the song to show up and it doesn't, and also ask other subjects the same thing, rather than seeing who agrees that it happens.

This is called the "full moon effect' or somethign like that I beleive. The story is that more babies are born on a full moon than on other nights. The story is supported by nurses in maternity wards even who also make the claim. However, upon systematic investigation, its found to be patently untrue. The nurses were just taking more note of births on full moon days than otherwise, and not paying attention to any 'data' that conflicted with the 'theory'.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
This is similar to the "I think of a song and turn on the radio, and the song is always playing!" thread here

You really have to make a log of every time you think of a song, along with successful times that it plays next. Then compare and see if there is a strong correlation at all or not.

Maybe give it a scientific trial run. Set up a test where you will set the iPod to shuffle at least 15 times. Do more if you want. Get a pen and piece of paper ready and try to predict what song is going to play next. Then hit play and see what song it is, then turn the song off, record the results, and repeat.

...Plus.. why are you thinking of other songs, when you are already listening to music to begin with?
. Try to be a little bit more aware and not let your mind wander so much and then you won't even have to worry about it =).

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
That would be effecting a random number generator with your mind. psipog.com talks about that in an artical I believe.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Hmm...if only I could do something like that for my GCSE coursework. The reason I think of different songs while listening to other music, is that sometimes I'm not in the mood for certain music and really want to listen to something else.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Since what we are talking about is an electronic device I do not think it would be that difficult to affect it in the manner you describe.

However I agree with those here that say if you wish to be sure you have to approach logically. I see this sort of thing all the time, something odd happens and people just jump to the conculsion that the answer involves some sort of Psi event, usually, they are wrong.

If you want to know then you need to study the events carefully. Make notes, test the idea. However to do this you have to first examine yourself. The reason many times that this sort of research fails is not because there is nothing to the event but rather our own fear that there is something Psi going on.

Before you start, sit yourself down when you are feeling strong, not tired or upset, or anything of the sort. Clear your mind for a couple of minutes and then ask yourself the following question: What if this is real?

Then consider carefully what you feel about it. It is easy to say 'Sure I can handle it' but what I am talking about is what you, deep down in your guts, really feel. If you find even a trace of fear, then you first have to deal with that. If you do not then I can almost promise you that your tests will indeed fail.

If you are really sure you can handle the results, then you are ready to test what you think is happening. If not, then work on that for a while first. Explore why you are afraid of this and see if you can change that.

Good Luck.

A.T
(-)

top topics

join