It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What famous people are you related to? Even distantly?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I was researching my family tree on RootsWeb, and I found out a few interesting things.

Dubya is my 12th cousin once removed (he and my mother are 12th cousins). We're both descended from the Pierces. I'm descended from Hannah Pierce and Thomas Addams. Bush and both his parents are descended from Hannah's nephews--the sons of one of her brothers. HW Bush is descended from one of the nephews and Barbara Bush from the other.

Apparently I'm also descended from Charlemagne--from at least three of his children in fact (cousins marrying cousins). And from the Plantagenets. Gershom Bulkley and Sam Talcott, real people who were mentioned in the book "The Witch of Blackbird Pond," were my distant cousins. Also included are Noah Webster (dictionary guy) and King James I and VI (Bible guy). Some of my ancestors were among the first in Wethersfield, CT during the colonial times.

Of course it doesn't do me much good because I'm pretty much a peasant.

Even if I'd known this last fall I still wouldn't have voted for Bush!

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I am Ted Kennedy

Actually, I have no idea who I may be related to. Probably somebody really great looking though

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I’m related to Sir Walter Raleigh, most famous for taking off an expensive cloak and throwing it over a mud puddle for Queen Elizabeth to walk across.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Gandhi

no not really, I believe my ancestors were mainly merchants and nothing more..

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
I was researching my family tree on RootsWeb,

I should warn you to be careful with sites like roots web and ancestry dot com. While there is a lot of useful information many people publish ancestral trees that they merged with other trees without any research. I have spent a lot of time researching my own ancestry. When I first started I found what I thought was a credible line from my family. The ancestral tree I was looking at ended up including kings, Queens, lords and dukes of every royal family out there, it went all the way back to Adam and Eve......with no gaps. Yeah right..........lol

[edit on 6-9-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
well i share my last name with a few "famous people"

Phil Tippett- Famous Speical FX guy who worked on star wars and other moveis

Paul Tibbets - THe guy who piloted the enola gay over heroshima. i know its not the same spelling but his ancestors are from the same place my dads side of the family is from.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Not really related to anyone but our family is the "Forrest Gump" of families.

We were on the losing side of a clan war in Scotland, they even have a monument where we were beheaded....LOL

We came to America in 1625 fought in every war since.

We had one member played the Bagpipes with David Crockett at the Alamo, had some ride with Quantrials raiders with Frank James, hid out a lot of the Arkansas/Missouri/Texas bank robbers, Clyde Barrow and Bonnie Parker took my Grandma to the Dentist and introduced my Aunt to my Uncle.

We also sold Moonshine to alot of the 20-30s Gangsters, Al Capone, etc.

None of us were famous but we knew a lot of famous people

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Ethan Allen the revolutionary war guy is a distant great uncle or something.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Kevin Bacon... 6th degree...

well ...not really... :w:

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Former Montreal Canadiens goaltender Patrick Roy, 3rd cousin I believe, neevr met him or anything, but glad to be related in some small way to the greatest goalie on earth

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
My grandmother claims to be a distant cousin to Jesse James. The story lines up pretty good. RIght location, and timing, but it could just be a tall tale.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Ja ja, und I am Louis von Ludwig IX, descendent of the King of Bavaria und I own a castle und a yacht.

Group therapy?

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I'm a direct decendant of William of Orange. - Lucky we left Ireland ay!

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
William Bradford - Governor of the Mayflower
(forgot the name) - Royal Botanist for the King of England
^(that guy's son) - Discoverer of the manatee and venus fly trap
Grover Cleveland - Only man to be elected to two nonconsecutive US Presidential terms
Winston Churchill - You've heard of this guy

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   
my great,great,great (etc,etc) granfather on my mothers side was the scottish poet Robert Burns, (my name, my brothers and my sisters are on the family tree at his home in scotland waiting to filled in on the birth of our children)

On my Fathers side my other great,great,great (etc,etc) granfather was Lord Fazackerley (key in 'The missing Fazackerley Millions' on google)

having said that, they do say that Robert Burns did populate half of Scotland whilst on his travels, its just fortunatley for me he did it legitimatley with my great,great,great (etc,etc) grandmother (cheeky chappy!).

Regards.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I am related to this guy:

Árpád (c.850–907) was the probable leader of the main proto-Magyar tribe, and the founder of the Arpad dynasty. Árpád was the son of Álmos.

The Árpáds (Hungarian: Árpádok, Slovak: Arpádovci, Croatian: Arpadovići) were a dynasty ruling in historic Hungary from the late 9th century to 1301 (with some interruptions, e. g. 1038-46).

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Proven:

Related to Camilla Parker-Bowles; Julia Stiles (by some vague 10th cousinishness, apparently); Paul McCartney; George W. Bush (again by some n'th degree cousinliness. Or something).

Rumoured but unable to verify:

My great-great (add several more "greats") Grandmother's first child (thus, a great-uncle of some degree) was fathered by none other than Henry VIII. Then again, on the other side of the family it was rumoured that this uncle's paternity lay within Henry's upper court. It seemed Granny got around a bit...

True, but irrelevant:

My exhusband bought a computer from Voodoo PC, the owner of which's brother is married to Sarah McLachlan.

So there.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Originally posted by Amethyst
I was researching my family tree on RootsWeb,

I should warn you to be careful with sites like roots web and ancestry dot com. While there is a lot of useful information many people publish ancestral trees that they merged with other trees without any research. I have spent a lot of time researching my own ancestry. When I first started I found what I thought was a credible line from my family. The ancestral tree I was looking at ended up including kings, Queens, lords and dukes of every royal family out there, it went all the way back to Adam and Eve......with no gaps. Yeah right..........lol

[edit on 6-9-2005 by kinglizard]

I found that "branch" too. I took it out of my tree. While I know I'm descended from Adam and Eve, and Noah, it's who's in between Noah and someone from the first century that's the question. The royals claim to be descended from King David but they can't prove it. There's no question I'm related to them, but I don't buy the descent from King David bit.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Robert Ford: Shot Jesse James in the back of the head for fame.

Wilhelm Keitel: German General who surrendered Nazi Germany to the allies, and was also the first to be tried and executed for war crimes at Nuremburg.

Backstabbers and crazy krauts, goodie.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
This is waaay distant but from the same ancestors
3 US Presidents
Benjamin Harrison (second Harrison president - not the first)
William Howard Taft
and Warren Harding

not proven but perhaps Gerald Ford also.... working on finding out more on that one.

believe me you can be sure that if I were making it up I would have chosen more interesting people

top topics

<<   2 >>

join