It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strike 3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
how many chances are we going to give the current administration ?

in my eyes Bush has just made strike # 3 so maybe its time he step off the plate and go sit down.

Strike # 1 ..... 9/11
Strike # 2 ..... Iraq War
Strike # 3 ..... Hurricane Katrina Relief

I dont know what party Ray Nagin belongs to but it seems like to
me that he has been the only leader that has had any guts or shown
any true humanity in this whole situation, and I would love to shake his hand and stand by him knee deep in the water and misery.

This brings me to my next issue with the whole situation.

I would love to be able to go down there and volunteer my time even if it is only to hand out towels and soap, or tell someone " your cot is over there to the left".
But sad reality is how many employers would sit by and allow someone to take time to go there without putting you in the same situation the people of new orleans are.
By this i mean would your employer guarantee you that you still had a job if you took off to give aid for 2 weeks or a month ?
I know mine sure would not.

Having lived in New Orleans for approx 4 years in the 1990's it brings tears to my eyes every time i see it on the news and see a familiar place that created good memories for me.
I still have friends that live both in New Orleans and also in Jefferson Parish that i cannot find out if they are hurt or worse.
I try to call hoping that the phone lines are back working but i know they arent.
I have tried calling red cross, looking on the various lists on the internet, i even tried sending an email to Larry King asking for help.

anyway enough rambling, back to the one man that makes me want to vomit.

George Bush.....

when are you going to stop giving jobs on your cabinet to "friends of friends" ?

i havent researched it very much but what i have seen and heard so far is that "brownie" that you brag on so much has only been employed at FEMA for 4 years and before that he worked with horses.

What the F*** does he know about disaster relief ?????

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriot36
I would love to be able to go down there and volunteer my time even if it is only to hand out towels and soap, or tell someone " your cot is over there to the left".
But sad reality is how many employers would sit by and allow someone to take time to go there without putting you in the same situation the people of new orleans are.
By this i mean would your employer guarantee you that you still had a job if you took off to give aid for 2 weeks or a month ?
I know mine sure would not.

Well said. Me too. And I couldn't go for two days without losing my job, let alone two weeks or a month... they'd ship my job overseas so fast you could hear the air cleave. And the tax structure and corporate culture that makes this so is strike 4... and for another thread.

I lived in Baton Rouge in the mid-70s and made many trips to New Orleans. Fortunately I don't have a TV so don't have to watch it much, but the response of the so-called 'leadership' in this country is an embarrassing disgrace.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   

in my eyes Bush has just made strike # 3 so maybe its time he step off the plate and go sit down.

Strike # 1 ..... 9/11 - was prepared during 8 years of clinto under his nose, he was warned about it, and refused to act claiming the national melitia groups were more dangerous.

Strike # 2 ..... Iraq War - well... bad or good, as any other attack happened since than ?? NO

Strike # 3 ..... Hurricane Katrina Relief - right ... He was smoking a cigar looked at his "weather machine, and though " I'm gonna get me a Hurriciane"

George Bush.....

when are you going to stop giving jobs on your cabinet to "friends of friends" ?

i havent researched it very much but what i have seen and heard so far is that "brownie" that you brag on so much has only been employed at FEMA for 4 years and before that he worked with horses.

I really dont see what one has to do with the other... Peopel are beeing treated and taken care of, so obviously the job is beeing donne...

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir
Strike # 2 ..... Iraq War - well... bad or good, as any other attack happened since than ?? NO

We are so far into the war in Iraq now, and I cant believe there are still people claiming a relationship between Iraq and Al Qaeda. News for you: There never was an attack by Iraq. Your own administration has admitted there is no link. Why on earth do you feel so compelled now, so long after, to rehash this same old tired and disproven rubbish?

What on earth are you trying so desperately to defend within this current administration? Why the need to so blindly sit in denial? You people are driving me #ing crazy.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   

haha...very well put

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   
i think they only act that way because there proporgander fails

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo

We are so far into the war in Iraq now, and I cant believe there are still people claiming a relationship between Iraq and Al Qaeda. News for you: There never was an attack by Iraq.

Ohhh...thats why there were and are terrorist training camps in Iraq...thats right no connection...And by the way, if there were "mistakes and missinformations" about the Iraqui connection, they came from 8 years before, becasue noone can get all that info in months.

As to you beeing driven crazy, dont worry ... thats the process of "Enlighetening", soon you will be right up there with all the "bright, informed, amazing, special" enlightened people .

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Strike # 1 ..... 9/11 - was prepared during 8 years of clinto under his nose, he was warned about it, and refused to act claiming the national melitia groups were more dangerous.

Strike # 3 ..... Hurricane Katrina Relief - right ... He was smoking a cigar looked at his "weather machine, and though " I'm gonna get me a Hurriciane"

George Bush.....

I really dont see what one has to do with the other... Peopel are beeing treated and taken care of, so obviously the job is beeing donne...

Man your ignorant beyond belief.

Blame Clinton for Bushes misstakes...classic, im 100% sure if Clinton was president right now he would be doing a very good job in the Katrina aftermath.
You can say what you want about Clinton but he has more hart for the people in his little pinky then Bush has in his hole body.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
well neither clinton or bush are worth a damm but it wasnt clinton who has been cutting funds to epa over the last 6 years.
it was george bush.
epa wanted to protect and preserve the wetland swamp region south of new orleans, which is useful to slow down and weaken a hurricane when it comes ashore from the gulf.
and it also wasnt clinton who has been cutting funding to the army corps of engineers in that region, who are tasked with maintaining and improving the levee system around new orleans

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by motionknight
Blame Clinton for Bushes misstakes...classic,

What about those mysterious documents that Clinton's boy "took care off", during the 9/11 investigation ?? hmmm?? maybe those documents expalined why Clinton ignored the warning he receives about the possibility of a therror attack and instead he decided to go after melitia groups...

Besides, whyle EVERYONE was calling the victims refugees, it was Bush that said to called them CITIZENS... you dont hear anyone talking about that do you ...I am not joining the Bush Baning wagon with dumb remarks, some people are just pi$$ed because he "the dumb monkey" won TWO elections agaisnt the "enlightned bright informed Evovled people" ...

gotta love him, how did he pull that off....?

im 100% sure if Clinton was president right now he would be doing a very good job in the Katrina aftermath.

That I dont know, because HE IS NOT the President, I'm not gonna sit here wondering who would do good or not, because that wont change anything. The Problem is beeing takemn care of, and off course there will always be those, Like you, that will claim someone else would do better...right.

You can say what you want about Clinton but he has more hart for the people in his little pinky then Bush has in his hole body.

That is nothing more than your opinion, you cant prove it, but Clinto prooved himself many times to be a careless man, a REAL MAN who respects his people, would NEVER use his Presidential position to commict sexual harressement and more against White House Internes, when he knows VERY WELL they wont say "NO", because they need a good intern report to find a good job..... How caring is that... the bright light of that kind of love, just kills my eyes.

Man your ignorant beyond belief.

...uh -uh... right ...... I would rather stay "ignorant" than have my head up a Clintons Whoohah....

And to finalize my waste of time with you, I am not a man, ...and you can save me the chauvinistic bull butter of "oh.. she's not aguy, it figures..."

well neither clinton or bush are worth a damm but it wasnt clinton who has been cutting funds to epa over the last 6 years.
it was george bush.
epa wanted to protect and preserve the wetland swamp region south of new orleans, which is useful to slow down and weaken a hurricane when it comes ashore from the gulf.

And while Clinton was President noone built in the Wet-Lands ??? LOL

and it also wasnt clinton who has been cutting funding to the army corps of engineers in that region, who are tasked with maintaining and improving the levee system around new orleans

Oh pulleezzee ethose leeves were built at least 35 years ago and they were only enough for a Level 3 Storm....Everyone dropped the ball...ALL the PResidents for the last 30 years DROPPED the Ball.

And I'm the one who is ignorant. Like I said before i'd rather STAY "ignorant" than twist myself out of shape to defend The Clintons and have my head up their Whatevers

[edit on 6-9-2005 by BaastetNoir]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The President doesn't bare all the blame for the time it took "relief" to get there... maybe none of the blame at all....

The people were warned to leave, get out, go, be gone....

THEY DIDN"T DO IT !!!

Don't start whining, some of them couldn't, I say while there might be a "few" who would've required assistance in getting out, a lot of the people I see on the news now could have gotten out if they wanted to.

The City had a Mayor
The State had a Governor

Where's the blame for them?

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please look at the above thread

Don't blame Bush, blmae Nagin....

Strike 1- Mayor knew the effects of a cat 5 storm, he was briefed months prior

Strike 2- The people of New Orleans were warned 2 months in advance they would be on there own after a major storm

Strike 3- Blaming Bush and white people and not taking responsibility himself(losing control of his police force and EMT response)

Everyone is dying out there, young, old, black and white. This is not about race, it is about humanity, breaking down and blaming anyone but themselves.

PS- research AQ, it is who we are fighting in Iraq

[edit on 6-9-2005 by esdad71]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
The President doesn't bare all the blame for the time it took "relief" to get there... maybe none of the blame at all.... (...)

The City had a Mayor
The State had a Governor

Where's the blame for them?

I second that motion

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Ohhh...thats why there were and are terrorist training camps in Iraq...thats right no connection...And by the way, if there were "mistakes and missinformations" about the Iraqui connection, they came from 8 years before, becasue noone can get all that info in months.

As to you beeing driven crazy, dont worry ... thats the process of "Enlighetening", soon you will be right up there with all the "bright, informed, amazing, special" enlightened people .

So, saying something on a message board automatically makes it true? Put up your links to confirm these al-qaeda training camps.

In the meantime, here are a few articles where your own government admit there is no link:

Al Qaeda-Hussein Link Is Dismissed
9/11 panel sees no link between Iraq, al-Qaida

and one from the British gov:

Leaked report rejects Iraqi al-Qaeda link

The classified document, written by defence intelligence staff three weeks ago, says there has been contact between the two in the past.

But it assessed that any fledgling relationship foundered due to mistrust and incompatible ideologies.

That conclusion flatly contradicts one of the main charges laid against Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein by the United States and Britain - that he has cultivated contacts with the group blamed for the 11 September attacks.

If you think that my enlightenment comes from reading a bald post in a thread with no link, you are sadly mistaken and considerably conceited. You do read the news, don't you?

[edit on 11-9-2005 by cargo]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Just to back you up here, Cargo

Put up your links to confirm these al-qaeda training camps.

There were no Al-Qaeda camps, but there were Islamist terrorists in the north, in the US-UK protected Kurdish region no less.

I forget the name of the group, but Hussein couldn't go and take them out (he very much wanted too) as it was within the boundaries of the no-fly zone and his army would have been attacked by US-UK bombers.

What people seem to fail to realise is that Saddam was about as seccular as your going to get in the ME. OBL is a religious fruitcake (one of many around on both sides of the fence).

The two are incompatible, their ideologies clash more than Hitler and Stalin.

Plus, pre-War, OBL is on record for calling for the downfall of the "infidel" Hussein regime.

There is no way on Earth that these two would have collaborated in anything, they hate each other and would happily kill each other given the chance.

Then you take into accounts the fact that both the UK and US have been caught out or admitted to lying/fabricating evidence about the case for war against Iraq.

EDIT: I remember the name of the group now, Ansar al-Islam. Here is a link:

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 11/9/05 by stumason]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Oh man...
Look, it's one of those people.

Ohhh...thats why there were and are terrorist training camps in Iraq...thats right no connection...

I would propose to you that there are more "Terrorist training camps" in the US than there were in Iraq.
WTF am I talking about?
Milita training grounds. The US is ripe with them. The semantic differance is that they happen to be your own people, so they can't possibly be refered to as extremist lunitic breading grounds. Nevermind that Timothy Mcvay was trained in the "good 'ol USA". Nevermind that Binladen was trained by the CIA. Nevermind that Iraq was armed and supplied by America.
No, nevermind these proven facts... Iraq dared to have camps in which people could train in the art of warfare.
Oh yeah, let's also nevermind that the US PAID for them to be built!

And by the way, if there were "mistakes and missinformations" about the Iraqui connection, they came from 8 years before, becasue noone can get all that info in months.

Hu? This doesn't even make sence.
If you are trying to say that there's no way that the US could have known that there was no connection between Binladen and Sadam, I sugest that you need to learn somethings before you start posting.
Sadam actually had a death warent out for Binladen. Meanwhile, Binladen had been urging the Iraqi people to take up arms against Sadam for years.
Binladen is a fundementalist Islamic leader while Sadam is a capitalist. The two idologies are in utter confict. Simply put, they hated eachother.
This was known by anyone who bothered to even do a cursury investigation.

Might I suggest you get yourself and education?

The post I've read from you make you sound like a pompus flag waving, line towing victem of propaganda.
Brainwashed does NOT mean enlightened.

top topics

join