It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halliburton, Katrina and the Big Easy Conjob

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Seems that the ex-FEMA director's firm was contracted to make the design for the new levee system (that never got funded) to the tune of half a million.

They knew the possibility of devastation in NOLA. Yet the funds were diverted to Halliburton in Iraq.

Meanwhile disaster does strike, the oil fields are devastated and who gets to pick up the pieces? Halliburton! Isn't that special!

IEM Team to Develop Catastrophic Hurricane Disaster Plan for New Orleans & Southeast Louisiana

June 3, 2004

IEM, Inc., the Baton Rouge-based emergency management and homeland security consultant, will lead the development of a catastrophic hurricane disaster plan for Southeast Louisiana and the City of New Orleans under a more than half a million dollar contract with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security/Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).

FEMA Outsourced N.O.Disaster Plans ToPolitcal Cronies/Donors

FEMA privatized hurricane disaster recovery planning for New Orleans and Southeastern Louisiana. The firms that received the contract are big GOP contributors. Adding to the controversy regarding the Army Corps of Engineers diverting $250 million from the SELA (Southeast Louisiana) Urban Flood Control Program to Iraq and Halliburton reconstruction projects, is the revelation that FEMA outsourced hurricane recovery planning to the Baton Rouge-based consulting firm Innovative Emergency Management (IEM), Inc. to develop a "Catastrophic Hurricane Disaster Plan for New Orleans & Southeast Louisiana." The award was announced on June 3, 2004 on the firm's web site but was taken down just as Hurricane Katrina's winds and waves first started pounding New Orleans. It would now appear that the hurricane plan IEM and its team developed wasn't worth a damned thing.

Brown pushed from last job: Horse group: FEMA chief had to be `asked to resign'

The federal official in charge of the bungled New Orleans rescue was fired from his last private-sector job overseeing horse shows.

The agency, run by Brown since 2003, is now at the center of a growing fury over the handling of the New Orleans disaster.

FEMA Outsourced New Orleans Disaster Plans
FEMA privatized hurricane disaster recovery planning for New Orleans and Southeastern Louisiana. The firms that received the contract are big GOP contributors. Adding to the controversy regarding the Army Corps of Engineers diverting $250 million from the SELA (Southeast Louisiana) Urban Flood Control Program to Iraq and Halliburton reconstruction projects, is the revelation that FEMA outsourced hurricane recovery planning to the Baton Rouge-based consulting firm Innovative Emergency Management (IEM), Inc. to develop a "Catastrophic Hurricane Disaster Plan for New Orleans & Southeast Louisiana."

The majority voted for the War Economy, so how do you like getting shafted New Orleans? They almost engineered the whole thing to make a profit.

I'm rich and powerful and you ain't!

Nola blood for Halliburton profits!

-

[edit on 5-9-2005 by Regenmacher]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
The majority voted for the War Economy, so how do you like getting shafted New Orleans? They almost engineered the whole thing to make a profit.

I'm rich and powerful and you ain't!

Nola blood for Halliburton profits!

And then People Wonder why they call DICK a "Blood Thirsty Animal".

Man clearly Makes Money on other People Spilled Blood.

Tell me, is that a Face of a BloodThirsty Beast?

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
This needs to be the kick off piece under the "Katrina" section.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I'd like to stick a pitchfork up cheney's bunghole and roast him on a lit oil field, maybe eventually be able to fill my gas tank up with his fossilized bones.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I remember seeing on Alex Jones' site last fall, some shrink said Cheney was a psychopath.

Personally I think 99% of politicians are. A conscience can seriously hamper your plans for world domination.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
I remember seeing on Alex Jones' site last fall, some shrink said Cheney was a psychopath.

Personally I think 99% of politicians are. A conscience can seriously hamper your plans for world domination.

Are you implying you have to be a nutjob to be a political leader?

This world says a lot for the benefits of sanity (sarcastic smirk), but makes you wonder how sane people can elect the insane to office?

Maybe we need to redefine sanity, considering what we have going on lately.

[edit on 7-9-2005 by Regenmacher]

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
It's not really a question of whether voters are sane.

The real question is--are they apathetic.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
It's not really a question of whether voters are sane.

The real question is--are they apathetic.

Yeah your right and apathy could be considered a form of insanity since people take no interest in things that effect their livelihood and future. We could add defeatism and masochism into the mix.

I still do some work for "Rock the Vote" and getting college kids to vote is damn near futile endeavor. They perceive it's all rigged, their candidate won't win, or the candidates are all culpable kleptocrats. I also hear a lot of, his name sounds nice, he looks nice, or he's in my party so I will vote for him.

New Orleans made the wrong choices in politicians so do we deem them suicidal considering the outcome.... or is that too harsh a word?

Deny apathetic insanity

[edit on 7-9-2005 by Regenmacher]

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

join