It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's faked photo opportunities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Senator Mary Landrieu reported from the broken levees in a heart felt interview cried whilst telling people how there was only one crane left fixing the levee after George Bush had had his photo opportunity.

www.fromtheroots.org
But perhaps the greatest disappointment stands at the breached 17th Street levee. Touring this critical site yesterday with the President, I saw what I believed to be a real and significant effort to get a handle on a major cause of this catastrophe.

Flying over this critical spot again this morning, less than 24 hours later, it became apparent that yesterday we witnessed a hastily prepared stage set for a Presidential photo opportunity; and the desperately needed resources we saw were this morning reduced to a single, lonely piece of equipment.

The good and decent people of southeast Louisiana and the Gulf Coast - black and white, rich and poor, young annd old - deserve far better from their national governmeent.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Not only storm damage control, but political damage control is underway in New Orleans.

[edit on 4-9-2005 by Netchicken]

[edit on 5-9-2005 by Netchicken]

[edit on 8-9-2005 by asala]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
More on Bush's faked photo ops....

agonist.org...

Then it was off to Biloxi, MS to survey the damage. As Bush, Haley Barbour and others walked down a street, 2 women appeared seemingly out of nowhere for Bush to 'comfort' them.

But it turns out that the two women didn't even live in Biloxi, and had just come down for the day to try to 'salvage' clothes from the area for one of the women's son (were they looters?). But they were apparently reasonably telegenic and happened to be in the area, so they were recruited to represent an area where they didn't even live.

A number of threads at Democratic Underground discuss the weirdness of these women showing up in a disaster area. And a trandcript of the conversation between Bush and the women reads like a bad comedy skit:

Bush to women: "There's a Salvation Army center that I want to, that I'll tell you where it is, and they'll get you some help. I'm sorry.... They'll help you.....
Woman 1: "I came here looking for clothes..."
Bush: "They'll get you some clothes, at the Salvation Army center..."
Woman 1: "We don't have anything..."
Bush: "I understand.... Do you know where the center is, that I'm talking to you about?"
Guy with shades: "There's no center there, sir, it's a truck."
Bush: "There's trucks?"
Guy: "There's a school, a school about two miles away....."
Bush: "But isn't there a Salvation center down there?"
Guy: "No that's wiped out...."
Bush: "A temporary center? "
Guy: "No sir they've got a truck there, for food."
Bush: "That's what I'm saying, for food and water."
Bush turns to the sister who's been saying how she needs clothes.
Bush to sister: "You need food and water."

The 'Recovery Efforts': Wherever Bush went yesterday, it seemed as though people were already hard at work rebuilding the affected areas. Unfortunately for Bush, there were a few foreign journalists at his photo ops, and they pulled back the curtain on what we saw on TV to reveal that the 'work' was staged for the media. Here's a translation from the German news show web site.

Christine Adelhardt live from Biloxi:

"Two minutes ago the President drove by with his convoy. What happened here in Biloxi during the day is really unbelievable. All of a sudden the rescue troops finally showed up, the clean-up vehicles; we didn't see those over the last days here. In an area where it really isn't urgent, there is nobody around, all the remaining people went to the city center.

The President is traveling with a press convoy, so they get wonderful pictures saying the president was here and the help will follow. The amount of this catastrophe shocked me, but the amount of set-up that happened here today is at least equally shocking for me.

And there's more, this time on the 'recovery efforts' in New Orleans, from War And Piece:

There was a striking dicrepancy between the CNN International report on the Bush visit to the New Orleans disaster zone, yesterday, and reports of the same event by German TV.

ZDF News reported that the president's visit was a completely staged event. Their crew witnessed how the open air food distribution point Bush visited in front of the cameras was torn down immediately after the president and the herd of 'news people' had left and that others which were allegedly being set up were abandoned at the same time.

The people in the area were once again left to fend for themselves, said ZDF.

-------------------
Doesn't anyone at the top actually CARE about what happened? Or is everything spin?

[edit on 5-9-2005 by Netchicken]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

El Chimp does photo-op:

But perhaps the greatest disappointment stands at the breached 17th Street levee. Touring this critical site yesterday with the President, I saw what I believed to be a real and significant effort to get a handle on a major cause of this catastrophe. Flying over this critical spot again this morning, less than 24 hours later, it became apparent that yesterday we witnessed a hastily prepared stage set for a Presidential photo opportunity; and the desperately needed resources we saw were this morning reduced to a single, lonely piece of equipment. The good and decent people of southeast Louisiana and the Gulf Coast - black and white, rich and poor, young and old - deserve far better from their national government.

Read about more Nola madness here:
www.fromtheroots.org...
story/2005/9/3/19542/97952

df1

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Bush's actions during this crisis are unbelievable. The only thing more unbelievable is that this story is not pegged to the top of ATSNN.com.

Where are all of those Bush defenders accusing his critics of political propoganda?

Come out, come out where ever you are.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

The cockroaches are in hiding...

Bush's actions during this crisis are unbelievable. The only thing more unbelievable is that this story is not pegged to the top of ATSNN.com.

Where are all of those Bush defenders accusing his critics of political propoganda?

Come out, come out where ever you are.

You won't be hearing from them on this... Even my husband who loves bush knows when to shut his mouth.. There is no problem in talking about all the wonderful things they believe him to be doing, but this kind of stuff brings out the earplugs and muzzles.

la la la la la a I can't hear you!!!
Bush is great, yeah baby, he cares, didn't you see him going on his tours?! He's showing compassion damn it!

You know what it is, criticism only comes apparantly form the left
they've been taking labels off jars and putting them on anybody who criticizes their gang.. For ex, Like the wonderful label libtard.. These libtards never know what they are talking about so whatever you do, don't listen to them because they aren't one of you. I'm not a liberal, but i'm just speaking through my husband's frame of mind as a republican.

[edit on 5-9-2005 by TrueLies]

new topics

top topics

join