It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dropa stones real or not?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   
is the whole dropa stone thing made up ? Im ready to get on a plane and go see the little yellow people ? I saw someone posting it wasnt real ? I am trying to find out if true or not.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Can someone tell me what the Dropa stones are btw ?

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Here is the story. Really a very good read.
The Story

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
There are a ton of threads that deal with the Dropa Stones. Check them out here.

I personally am of the opinion that the stones are not genuine, but there are many who feel that they are the real thing. If I were you, I would read through some of the threads that discuss their validity. This might be a bit quicker for you personally than waiting to receive posts debating the merits of the Dropa Stones, especially if you are about to travel.

Very, very briefly, just for those members who have no idea what the Dropa Stones are, they are large circular stone discs discovered in 1938 in Tibet by Chinese archaeologists. The stones have a hole in the centre and a series of grooves that radiate out to the edge. The grooves contained finely detailed characters that formed a type of code.

In 1962, Dr Tsum Um Nui deciphered the code. He published his results in a nigh-impossible to find paper titled "The Grooved Script Concerning Spaceships Which, as Recorded on the Discs, Landed on Earth 12,000 Years Ago". The stones told the story of the Dropa - an alien race which crashed its ship into the remote Baian-Kara-Ula mountains in the Himalayas. The survivors took refuge in a cave and, although they tried to establish peaceful contact with the local Ham people, the story relates that some of the Dropa were killed by the frightened and suspicious locals:

The Dropa came down from the clouds in their aircraft. Our men, women, and children hid in the caves ten times before sunrise. When at last they understood the sign language of the Dropa, they realized that the newcomers had peaceful intentions

Unable to repair their damaged ship, the Dropa were stranded on the Earth and supposedly interbred with the local inhabitants. Researchers who felt that the stones were genuine point to the modern Dropa people of the region. They are a pygmy people who stand between 3'6" and 4'7", have yellow skin, slim bodies with large heads and large, blue eyes.

This picture was taken in 1947 by Dr Karyl Robin-Evans. It shows the Dropa leaders Hueypah-la, who stands 4' tall and Veez-la, who was 3'6" tall.

The Dropa Stones are held by believers to be tangible evidence of contact between humans and extraterrestrials in our distant past. However, one need only peruse the threads that have sprung up about them to realise that debate rages as to their validity. Take what you read with a healthy dose of skepticism and make up your own mind.

For more information on the Dropa Stones, check out the following sites:

The Dropa Stones (About.com)

Dropas - Stone Discs (Crystalinks)

The Dropas (20k Web)

Hope this helps.

[edit on 4/9/05 by Jeremiah25]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
thank you jerimiah, i will do further research. Would love to travel there myself and see if I couldnt find any evidence especially of these yellow people, maby get some blood and do dna tests.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
From what I have looked at so far, all seems to be truthful. But I am not able to find the current location of these stones or detailed pictures. If this was true then I beleive there would be much much more information on the matter. It would blow the top off anything.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   

As the German scientist Hartwig Hausdorf and colleague Peter Krassa, visited China and the Banpo museum in Xian in 1994, they were told that the Director's superiors had ordered the disks destroyed and that officially they do not recognise their existence.

from this site:
www.ufoarea.com...

If this is true then we may never know the truth, maby there are still some bones up there to prove. Wonder if its a cover up, and the stones got handed over to someone else. Anyways, thats the end of the trail for this one.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by imbalanced
From what I have looked at so far, all seems to be truthful. But I am not able to find the current location of these stones or detailed pictures. If this was true then I beleive there would be much much more information on the matter. It would blow the top off anything.

Yeah, good luck finding really detailed recent information on the Dropa Stones. I tried to find Dr Tsum Um Nui's paper, but had no luck.

I know other people who have had difficulties in obtaining really solid, recent information on the Stones as well. You can search if you want, but you'll probably have Buckley's chance of finding anything genuinely useful in determining their authenticity.

I am assuming that the Stones are currently held at Beijing University, but perhaps somebody knows different.

Edit
I would be very surprised if the stones had been ordered destroyed. I have studied and practiced archaeology and there is no way that artefacts would ever be destroyed, regardless of their supposed controversy, at least by the reputable archaeologists I have met.

[edit on 5/9/05 by Jeremiah25]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah25

Yeah, good luck finding really detailed recent information on the Dropa Stones. I tried to find Dr Tsum Um Nui's paper, but had no luck.

I know other people who have had difficulties in obtaining really solid, recent information on the Stones as well. You can search if you want, but you'll probably have Buckley's chance of finding anything genuinely useful in determining their authenticity.

I am assuming that the Stones are currently held at Beijing University, but perhaps somebody knows different.

I would be very surprised if the stones had been ordered destroyed. I have studied and practiced archaeology and there is no way that artefacts would ever be destroyed, regardless of their supposed controversy, at least by the reputable archaeologists I have met.

[edit on 5/9/05 by Jeremiah25]

The Dropa stones likely never existed:

The earliest source for the story is in a magazine known as Russian Digest, dating from 1960. Intriguingly, this contained the story before the alleged date of Tsum Um Nui’s translation of the disks. Worse, Russian Digest is a sensationalistic magazine similar to Britain’s Daily Sport and the USA’s National Enquirer. The only other sources—a Belgian UFO magazine, a German vegetarian magazine and a Russian science-fiction magazine—simply repeat the original 1960 story, with no additional information.

Worse, none of the names given in the accounts belongs to anyone who can be shown to have been involved archaeology or linguistics. Tsum Um Nui does not even appear to be a genuine Chinese name! The photos attributed to the otherwise unknown Wegener appear to be genuine, but they merely show stone disks with a hole in the centre and double spirals that are known in Chinese archaeology as part of ancient snake cults.

Source: Cult Archaeology

File the Dropa Stones away with Batboy.

Harte

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
copy that hart, thanks for the info.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
If you'd searched the site, you'd have come up with our most recent threads. They are, indeed, fakes and the perpetrator was Eric Von Daniken:

ufos.about.com...

One of many hoaxes/disinformation bits he created for his books (other things including showing only PART of an artifact to give the impression he wanted supported.)

[edit on 6-9-2005 by Byrd]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
If you'd searched the site, you'd have come up with our most recent threads. They are, indeed, fakes and the perpetrator was Eric Von Daniken:

ufos.about.com...

One of many hoaxes/disinformation bits he created for his books (other things including showing only PART of an artifact to give the impression he wanted supported.)

[edit on 6-9-2005 by Byrd]

Great job Byrd. I'm definitely saving that link.
BTW, another hoax perpetrated by von Daniken involved getting a potter to make and paint pottery showing humans and dinosaurs together. These he passed off as ancient. When confronted, he justified it saying some people will never believe unless they see some evidence (paraphrased).

What an a-hoe.

Harte

[edit on 9/6/2005 by Harte]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Harry55

Thank you for the link to what appears to be an unbiased evaluation of the Dropa Stone story. What we are left with is an interesting story about an alien race that came here 10-12,000 years ago and left behind a set of 716 inscribed stones that were translated by one scientist whose identity cannot be verified. None of the stones are available for viewing; they either do not exist or are cleverly hidden.

The apparent fact that none of the players or objects can be verified moves this story to "urban legend" status. The only reason why the story persists is that it is repeated often and true believers, such as myself, are always ready to embrace new evidence of the existence of a greater mystery.

Several of the other posts repeat the story exactly as I heard it on the CD lecture. A lecture by someone representing an organization which I have believed, for years, was dedicated to revealing the truth - not just repeating unsubstantiated legends and myths. What a shocker!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Either way, the translation clearly refers to "Our men & women", & the Dropa in the third-person, so they are terrestrial in origin.

I think if anyone went against the Beijing authorities espec in Cold War 60's wouldn't survive very long.
And somehow they supposedly made it to Russia, which is by all accounts their last whereabouts.

Further Nui sounds rather Vietnamese to me.

As much as I believed as a kid, I find as I get older, all the old mysteries turn out to have rather mundane earthly explanations. Marie Celeste, Bermuda Triangle, Sodom & Gomorrah...
One by one eventually they get knocked over.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Darn it, I can't find the info... Last I recall, the stones were being "tested"
One fellow tried spinning one @ various RPM's and claims a 3D image appeared above it."dunno sounds like malarky to me"
Anyways shortly there after, the stones came up missing and only word as to there current location is, one or two were replicated and they are under glass in a museum.."I am still looking for the old info." if I find it I will post it asap..

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Link: shop.history.com...

If this is the documentary that i watched then it is amazing and definitely worth the money + The NASA video at the end made the decision for me. The stones are described in the same way as these 'Donut' UFO's that have been seen throughout the years, (there are threads on here covering these) from the hole in the middle to the notch in the side and i believe the stones and craft are of the same intelligent life. 0 points for observation ty. But i do not think the Dropa stones are fake or that this is a hoax in any way. The Chinese government took them out of any museum and now they cannot be found anywhere... the bastards. Watch the documentary; it will leave you speechless

top topics

join