It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scared about Bush's Two Picks For Supreme Court

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Intresting post Thomas,
Particularly about Keynesian Economics. I am more of a Adam Smith type or of the Austrian School of economics rather than John Maynard Keynes. I read his book "Economic Consequences of the Peace" about the Treaty of Versailles after WW1. It cured me of John Maynard Keynes.
In a phoney fiat money system where the Government and banks can create money unlimited they must create more and more money in order to pay the principal and intrest for next year..if for nothing else than to get the numbers out there to finance the debt. This is very different from actual payments at law. IF they ever stop this process it is like musical chairs..who will be short when the music stops. This is why it goes on no matter what administration is in office. The bulk of America hasnt a clue and this will not be taught in schools.
The main problem for the public is the erosion of the purchasing power of the American Dollar by this process. We ignorantly call this inflation..the correct term for it in the old school books and publications is "depreciation". Loss in value or purchasing power in the marketplace of the American dollar.

Very glad to see someone else has come to the same conclusion about the political process and partys here in this country. It is sometimes a lonely road out here among the wildlife.

Kleptocracy...that is a new term to me Thomas..I've not heard that one before. I will keep it in mind.
I use the term feudal or feudalism to denote a group of royalty seperate from the laity or common people. As you can see..I have little use for royalty.
I am ,however, aware of the origins of the word "whoredom" biblically and in other usages as stated in my previous post to Whaaa. I am also aware of the historical context to which this Whoredom has "Traveled". By this I mean from ancient times recorded unto today. From the groves and high places in the days to the valleys at night. It is still with us world wide.
As to the "good olde boy system" I agree ...it is from ancient times unto today.
I have been to many capital citys in this nation and in the world. They all have a very intresting feel to them. Paris, London,Tripoli, Austin,Washington DC, ,Columbus, Richmond, Tokyo. It is because of the number of souls that have been bought and sold to accomplish certain of the good olde boy dealings. Whoredoms. Most capital citys are like this ..especially in America. It is a feeling of deadness. Richmond here is noticable in this manner.

I have seen your posts since first I posted on ATS. I have not always agreed with you on all your positions which is to be expected but always intresting posts. Thanks for your views Thomas.

May the God of our Fathers watch over you and your house.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
Intresting post Thomas,

You sure are showing off your knowledge of my first name here. I know I've given it a time or two, but I'm impressed that you've taken note of it.

Particularly about Keynesian Economics. I am more of a Adam Smith type or of the Austrian School of economics rather than John Maynard Keynes. I read his book "Economic Consequences of the Peace" about the Treaty of Versailles after WW1. It cured me of John Maynard Keynes.

To be honest I am only minimally familiar with his theories and did not intend to have a detailed conversation on something I was not prepared to discuss, I was only tempering my critique of defecit spending by nominal conservatives with an acknowledgement that in times of recession the government will need to stimulate employment by spending.

The bulk of America hasnt a clue and this will not be taught in schools.

You got that much right. I didn't even have to know spit about Keynes to graduate highschool, other than his name. What little I know has come from a little reading here and there online.

Very glad to see someone else has come to the same conclusion about the political process and partys here in this country. It is sometimes a lonely road out here among the wildlife.

Lonely in deed, and likely as not to get me rubbed out a few years down the road when I'm through school and start making my move into politics.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Whoa there! Orangetom, that was some powerful medicine you just put on the board! I loved it! I think you really need to drop a note in the NWO, explaining how war script is used by "them" to enslave us!
Way to go, Bro!

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Whoa there! Orangetom, that was some powerful medicine you just put on the board! I loved it! I think you really need to drop a note in the NWO, explaining how war script is used by "them" to enslave us!
Way to go, Bro!

Orangetom1999 ain't no Bro.
Syntax TC, syntax!

[edit on 5-9-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
My apologies to you. I seem to have gotten you and Thomas Crowns posts mixed up but I am glad you straightened this out. Also my apologies to Thomas Crown.

Also thanks for the confirmation of your first name. My first name is Phil.

Also once again thanks for the concept of Kleptocracy. I will think with that new term in mind.

Thanks Orangetom

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Is my face red Phil ?

On another thread your insight into the mind of the female

made me asume that you were speaking from experience.

Damn bro, you are the hippest dude Iv'e ever had the experience to run across in cyber space. Do you give lessons? Obviously I could use some.

syntax whaaa, syntax. Sorry TC!

[edit on 7-9-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I have been musing on this topic of the Supreme Court nominations for some time now having been through several administrations in my lifetime and noticed the furvor and emotions involved in these nominations and confirmations.
In my rabid musings I have come to a not so standard conclusion. I have not heard this in the "media " which is supposed to be "looking out for us."

See if some of you can follow this line of thinking as it is somewhat involved and lengthy.
Economists,psychologists, manufacturers have been for years involved in the process of studying human behavior, paricularly in the arena of sales and merchandizing new customers. Economics is in fact politics when it is brought out to its logical conclusion.
What psychologists and politicians know about a nation like America is that the mover and shaker in America economically and politically is the female..not the male. Females in our economy and political system determine what kind of house gets bought , what kind of car, clothes , groceries, what home improvements get made..etc etc etc...et al. It is the woman ...the female of the species which has control over this coast to coast. Now that they are voting it also means that the women are the key in elections. Coast to Coast...especially in high electorial vote states.
What the democrats have learned long ago..is that it is core and key to put the women of this country on a emotional string/issue to gaurantee a predictable controlable voting block at election time to gaurantee what levers they will pull. This means to women..sexuality..specifically reproduction. Much more easily done with emotional women than men.
The democrats have tried to put this issue before the public in Congress and Congress just wont buy it. The tack they have chosen to take is to bypass Congress and the Executive branch and have this put into effect by Judicial review/legislation from the bench. This is a gauranteed way to bypass what the Congress and President or the American people want. To get a issue like this passed by Roe vs Wade means that they are gauranteed womens votes particularly in high electorial vote states. Hence the highly emotion charged issues and accuisations surrounding the nominees for the judicial bench. This issue has reached very extreame proportions today. Much more than I reacall in the past.
The Roe vs Wade issue surrounding court nominations is about potential votes to keep one party in power over the other party. It is not about abortion per se..but votes. The democrats know this as do the Republicans. They are not necessarily informing the public of this view. The democrats want the votes to stay or get back in power. The Republicans want to keep them out of office and themselves in power. This means controling who gets to the bench in the Federal Judiciary. One group to get the votes they so despirately need the other to deny them the votes thereby strengthening the republican position.
The republicans will use the conservative churchs in this nation to push their quest for power. They will burn or turn on the churchs down the road when it becomes expedient to do so.
The democrats will use any technique they can to keep Roe vs Wade on the books and in effect. Any emotionally charged technique to get voters to the polls.
This is my analysis of what is going on concerning the Supreme court nominations. It is also going on down at the lower court levels...the appelate courts.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Lol lol lol!!! You have me chuckling with your last post.

Truth be known alot of it is from reading. Simple reading. Then of course contrasting this with what one finds out here by observation/experience in the real world.

My experience is that the mind of the female is much more complex yet simple as compared to men. Men being much more basic and predictable than the female. To the female...most of them..the male is very very predictable and controlable on certain levels. The subtilty/multidimensional/multitasking of the female mind sees this like radar working in the dark to plot a course often unknown to the male!!
I find women as a study in wildlife in its natural habitat much more intresting than men. By the way ...this is why certain things about politics are very intresting to me...becasue of a parallel to the way women think. Politics is the ultimate femminine power trip by wildlife in its natural habitat. Is it not!??
I am keeping this in mind when observing the wildlife..surrounding the supreme court nominees.

Thanks,
Orangetom

Oh by the way ..currently rereading a book titled "Sex and power in History" by Amaury de Reincourt. Intresting so far but need a dictionary to slug my way through it. Lots of ten and twenty dollar words so far. If nothing else it will improve my vocabulary.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join