It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Hackers......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Does anyone have any good info on Government hired hackers? If so please post on this thread. I am really interested in this topic.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Here's what I know. The whole thing works almost like in the Matrix, as far as i know. If you get caught hacking, or if you break into secure gov't systems, the FBI or something comes to your house, arrests you, and gives you an ultimatum. Work in a Gov't think tank until some 17 year old kid hacks YOUR security system, and be replaced, or, go to a federal prison for 60 years or something like that. That's all I got, man.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Hey didnt know about that.......Thanks loki.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Even though he�s been to jail, I think it�s a great story...And film, consequently:
www.stevemitnick.com
www.takedown.com

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I think you mean Kevin Mitnick

www.kevinmitnick.com...

he was one of the greatest hackers of all time (atleast imo)

but as operatoreleven said, he was arrested, and was released earlier this year.

The last I heard he took a job at some place showing people how to defender against social engineering

edit: the site seems to be down...

[Edited on 17-9-2003 by DiscoFever]

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 04:19 AM
link   
yes there is a US millitary branch where all in that department is the best hackers .they ever hired it i ve found it on one magazine call popular science or popular mechanic
i forget which one oppps sorry

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Government think tank or federal prison... Im not sure there is much difference.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Discofever : kevin, ofcourse!

might this be the place convicted hackers go? :

www.disa.mil...

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The government doesn't hire hackers. The arrests them, prosecutes them, and incarcerates them.

What the government does do, however, is hire (or contract) the best and brightest minds from our major universities and companies, to create and run programs designed to advance our capabilities in "Information Warfare".

What better way to hack into a network or a computer system, than to hire the man, team, or company that invented or pioneered those systems?

The idea that the NSA or CIA would hire some 19-year old hacker and clear them Top Secret is very silly. Its just the pipe dream of other 19-year old hackers and hacker wannabes.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Pyro think about this: At Def Con feds will come across a hacker that is willing to talk to them and if the fed thinks this hacker is worth something then he will take him to a meeting in where they (FBI,CIA, various goverment agencies) discuss a future job for the hacker...Most companies go to def con to recruit the best and the brightest hackers. Oh yeah the team or company that created any system is most likely made up of hackers because in reality any computer junkie that knows computers can be considered a hacker

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
well, em... the best hacker is the one we never heard of

top topics

join