It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First hand view of New Orleans

page: 1

join
share:
d1k

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
A good online friend (MMO guild mate
) of mine lives in NO. Here's what he had to say of what is happening.

Hey guys... i wanna tell you first hand this is a #ing # hole...

We are so #ed down here, im in texas right now, i had to evacuate, but tommorow at 4am i am driving back.... my best friend (-------) aka ----------- and i are going to try to find our missing friends, and take everyone water, food, etc in our boats

We will do what we can, my family dished out 20,000$ in generators yesterday, to give me, im taking them down back to my home to help anyone i can. this is a tragic event, and it's hell. total and utter hell. I have been without communication, power, water, food, etc etc etc, until i came to san antonio yesterday. In new orleans, it's a war zone, like ----- said, the gang members in new orleans have taken over, hundreds of reports of rape, murder (many cops are being executed at gun point) on a DAILY basis, we are losing lives on a massive scale. over 80% of new orleans is under 10-25 feet of water....the 17th street levy broke yesterday, or the day before, i forget...causing massive floods. The water in new orleans is a mixture of hydrochloric acid, human waste, dead decomposing bodies (everywhere you walk in new orleans you will see dead bodies everywhere) and everything else horrible you can imagine. The gang members are driving around town, looting (which doesnt really piss me off, because they dont have anything, and all that stuff is insured) but the part that does piss me off is they are robbing gun stores, and murdering anyone and everyone they can, raping all the women. I can't believe this is happening, i feel like im in africa.

I'm so flustered... i lost 3 of my really close friends on the west bank of new orleans, they drowned....God rest their souls.

I love you guys, and i hope to keep in contact as much as possible. ----- has been a tremendous help to me a nd my family, giving us hope and showing us that theres good people out there, not just #ing scum bags who kill eachother during times of terror.

[edit on 2-9-2005 by d1k]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Good luck to them. It takes real courage to go back.

Apparantly i need to say more than this but i cant think of anything else.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Wow, that's pretty powerful stuff... ANY first hand accounts are simply amazing, and usually saying the exact same state of affairs.... Absolutely unreal....

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Are they even going to be allowed to enter the city? I mean, the authorities are having a hard enough time trying to get people out without people coming back in. I'm not saying they shouldn't - people could obviously need their help in areas which the relief effort is not reaching (which sounds like it is a significant area). My question is: given the "we need to get people out of here" mindset, will they be allowed to re-enter New Orleans?

This is one of the most surreal things I have ever seen in my entire life. This stands right alongside 9/11 and the Boxing Day Tsunami as things I would never have believed for an instant had somebody told me they would happen. It's like watching some kind of awful, nightmarish movie - a natural disaster, failure of emergency efforts, rampant crime, a breakdown of order, now these explosions.

My heart goes out to those people who are just trying to make it through this tragedy. And my thoughts are with your friends, d1k. They are truly brave to try and bring help to people in what has essentially become a No-Man's Land. Let us know how they go.

d1k

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I don't know if they are going to be allowed, but he left to try anyway lol.

I'll update this thread when I hear more.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
yep, good luck

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah25
Are they even going to be allowed to enter the city?

Well a few suburbs of New Orleans are goin to allow its residents back in town to pick up stuff in the relatively undamaged areas on monday. I will report back on how it is when i come back from N.O on teusday, since we're not allowed to stay. i don't live in the heart of New Orleans but im gonna have to pass through some of it. As for inner-city residents returning, there's nothing to return to. The only thing there are looters, rapists, drug dealers breaking in to hospitals with guns in order to score powerful drugs, and troops ordered to basically shoot on sight. Theres much more but most of it has been mentioned already.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
i didn't here the news say anything like this account

this means, that the news is NOT telling us the WHOLE truth...

think about it:

who heard (on the news) that cops were being executed daily???

i didn't...

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Im interested in the cops being "executed at gunpoint" too. I wouldn't be surprised, but I think we need more info from other sources. That will obviously take a while.

People who form/join gangs are opportunists. They see an opportunity and they take advantage of it. I think that's all they see this hurricane as being, an opportunity. Having very little if anything to live for, the aftermath of Katrina would have been a boon for these thugs. Reminds me of the LA Riots.

Pathetic pieces of # that they are.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I wish them the best of luck, and be careful. That is an incredibly brave thing to do, heading back in after getting out.

Can you ask your friend about reports I have heard that people trying to evacuate out of NO on foot, being forced to turn around? I heard this on CNN that people were not allowed to cross the "rainbow bridge?" by men with shotguns, and told to turn around. People are saying they had to sneak out of NO. I could not find any links to this story yet. This is unbelievable and unacceptable. Has anyone else heard this?

new topics

top topics

join