It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions I would like answered

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   

PODcast: Questions I would like answered
My third Podcast and the first on ATS: deals with a number of questions I have regarding the situation in New Orleans

length: 08:37
file: btspodcast_61.mp3
size: 4044k
feed: ats

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The horror just seems to continue... and some excellent questions.

Thanks for adding that to the feed.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
VERY very cool. I could listen to this over and over.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
oh thanks!

quick question ( yes another one lol) - I tried to add this to the ats feed but it came up on the bts feed? just wondering why?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Good podcast.

But, State Department has said that the U.S. will accept all foreign aid:

KWTX TV
Offers of assistance have come from about two-dozen countries in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, including Venezuela, which has been a target of frequent criticism by the Bush administration.

Venezuela's Citgo Petroleum Corporation pledged a $1 million donation.

A State Department spokesman says "no offer that can help alleviate the suffering of the people in the afflicted area will be refused."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

President Bush will be visiting the area today, but you must understand the President being there can sometimes be more of a problem than a solution since his presence and security needs can draw off people from doing rescue operations, so his footprint has to be small and he can't stay there for a long time.

He also agrees that the Federal response has been "not acceptable":

FOX

WASHINGTON — President Bush, facing blistering criticism for his administration's response to Hurricane Katrina (search), said Friday "the results are not acceptable" and pledged to bolster relief efforts with a personal trip to the Gulf Coast.

"We'll get on top of this situation," Bush said, "and we're going to help the people that need help."

He spoke on the White House grounds just boarding his presidential helicopter, Marine One, with Homeland Security Department secretary Michael Chertoff (search) to tour the region. The department, which oversees the Federal Emergency Management Agency, has been accused of responding sluggishly to the deadly hurricane.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Things like this do take time, and although we'd all love to see it resolved instantly, I think it's just not possible. I agree the government was completely unprepared for this, but it does seem that they are finally getting it together now.

[edit on 9/2/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Great podcast (I'm really starting to like podcasts).

About the question you asked; I believe the states are indeed democratic, so that probably explaines Bush's disinterest

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Things like this do take time, and although we'd all love to see it resolved instantly, I think it's just not possible. I agree the government was completely unprepared for this, but it does seem that they are finally getting it together now.

They do take time... like the 5 f-ing days it too for this cat-5 storm to approach the area!

Utter Bull. "Finally getting it together". UNACCEPTABLE!

and dj... the state department originally refused add offers!

There are no excuses here. none.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Good podcast.

But, State Department has said that the U.S. will accept all foreign aid:

[

yes NOW they will accept foreign aid. Why has it taken so long?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mulberryblueshimmer
yes NOW they will accept foreign aid. Why has it taken so long?

I don't know...it seems that lower officials initially denied some forms of aid but the higher officials later accepted them.

BTW Louisiana did vote for Bush.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   

What does that have to do with anything?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

What does that have to do with anything?

It was a question asked in the podcast.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I see, sorry missed it.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I offer this as far as question #3... "where is President Bush?"

As you're probably aware, the announcement has been made this morning that President Bush will be down there today.

Now, why didn't he go straight there? Well, I imagine that theres a lot of planning that has to be done, for his security, etc. He can't just show up there on a moments notice.

I'm okay with the amount of time that has passed as far as the President actually getting down there in person.

However, good questions, very good questions, I wish I had the answers... I wish I had the ability to make "it" happen and help those people down there...

God Bless...

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Every time someone shows disgust Someone else has to come along and try and rationalize. Like mulberry said 5 days later and some people aren't even getting food or water, yet this is the same country that organized the berlin airlift.
Watching that smug FEMA snake sit there and try and justify the 500 million dollars a day they are spending while people are starving and getting murdered and now reports of cannibalism inside the disaster zone. This made me sick, I wasn't sure whether to scream, cry, or just move to a country that cares about it's people.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   

and now reports of cannibalism inside the disaster zone.

Source please!?! If true this is becoming more surreal by the day.

[edit on 3-9-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   
@sardion2000

Its suposively happened. There was a post earlier about this but the Mods thru it in the garbage.

I have been watching local NO News on the internet, and they have said nothing like this...

I brought up in that post earlier, that this is the same kinda thing that happened with those soccer players who's plane crashed in the Andies.. the movie Alive was based off of.. But they thing for them is the part about canibalism didnt show up directly after they were saved.. it took a little while..

But i dont know.. 6 days of not knowing wtf is going on, wouldnt you start to wonder when you are going to eat again.. and from what is stated is that there are massive amounts of dead bodies floating in NO right now.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I like what you said about Berlin and the fact that we kept that going in the midst of WWII, makes a good point, because we could very well be air dropping food, water, and clothes.

I also can't understand why aid isn't being accepted, the only answer I could guess is the gov is being to hard headed to admit it needs aid and possibly refusing aid from countries like China because they might not want their troops on our ground. But I feel it would bring us closer together with these countries and that could possibly be what good could come out of this situation but it's too late now, weve refused their help. I am going to guess though, we prob mainly refused their help b/c then we'd have to thank them. Very sad.

I am also angry with this whole situation and I feel like the aid thats been sent in now is only being done to quiet the situation. I also realise though that this disaster is worse than what happen if a dirty bomb were to go off in a city because a dirty bomb would have killed more people. Now we are stuck with the fact that there are a HUGE amount of people with no jobs and no homes. This is very, very bad.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   
wow so many replies!

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to listen to this.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
good questions...I mean THIS IS @#!^&*ing USA we have the cash we have the manpower the transportation america in all her glory cannot save one city I know it takes time but wtf we should've at least pay attention if we do notihng else but air drop some stuffs so like.... wheres the help?
it makes me mad to call myself a citizen at times like these how many people are dying because of lack of response time

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Sardion,

I honestly wish I had some magic source or something else. Like everyone else I am forced to sift the wheat from the chaff of refugee accounts and dubious sources. Honestly that is what vexxes me the most about the situation, we seem to be under a virtual news embargo. And the one time I saw an actual reporter asking the hard questions to the fema guy in charge on cnn the feed was cut mid interview, and hasn't been aired since. If I could have taped that I would have it hosted now... it was soledad something or other interviewing the guy around 7 to 8 am pacific time. The one untainted source we have from inside the containment zone I guess you could call it is the outpost crystal livejournal blog. Even they are confined to one corner of the city for the two overhwelming reasons of occupancy having reverted to a squatters rights style situation and fear of roving patrols of, as they put it, stressed out and trigger happy federal marshals cops and military personnel.

although I must say his conversation with the federal marshalls about what civil rights people stuck inside the disaster zone had was chilling.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join