It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Disaster Assistance Response Team refused entry by Homeland Security!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
hmmm....Bush finaly shows up 6 day's later.....great Homeland Security

Not letting Canadas teams of special relief in...is just shocking....guess they are hidding more then what the News is saying....must be bad...really bad.

But notice only yesterday saw only 2 military heli's in the air...guess th'r all in Iraq etc. All I see is they are short on heli's...you figure they would order ALL extra heli's from other states to help drop food and water......if I had one, it would be offered.

My view....Canada should just go......without permission.....show up and help....not like they can stop us......they would prob. not even know we were there.....maybe take a week before they would figure it out...plus the National Guard would be more then happy to see our guy/gals there t'a help....just go fellow Canadians go go go.

Y'r Canadian friend,
Sven

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

Originally posted by jsobecky

Please don't mistake the bad decisions of our gov't officials as a barometer of the American public's gratitude. Believe me, the average American is very grateful for your offer of assistance.

Grateful? I can't be grateful for the offer of help. First I have to tone down from being so pisssed off that it was denied.

Misfit

I did say the average American; that obviously doesn't apply to you.

Tell you what. You go ahead and stay mad; that way you don't have to think, ok? I'll just keep on saying thanks to those that offer a helping hand.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
For all you naysayers Venezuela donating fuel - Russia rescuers and equipment - even Sri Lanka 25,000 if that isn't amazing what is?

Much more help in terms of monetary aid and support pouring in.

Does the heart good that the world cares. But I'm still furious at the US gov and officials.

[edit on 2-9-2005 by nikelbee]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
And Bush says this isn't a time for politics... No?

Why refuse Canada's aid, or Venez's aid then? Didn't the ven's prez make a comment about bush recently about if he dies he's responsible? And what about the softwood lumber trials that are ongoing right now? That couldn't possibly have anything to do with the refusal could it?

before aid got there they were concerned about policing the streets.
The first thing declared was martial law..How the hell can you feel safe in a flooded city with no basic supplies for survival?

forget about holding ak47s and standing over people to make sure they don't create havoc, stand over them with the bare neccessities to allow the other feelings to overcome them, like comfort, security, and greatfulness...

If the administration is worried about security then they should be worrying about the security aspect of it, while they worry about that they should be allowing other countries in who care about the people's welfare, that they get their food, dry clothes, and 'sanitary' shelter...

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Please dont come here and save our people! We have plans for them!
You must not interfere!

WTH?

Are we finally waking up, people?????

Its time. Now.

sounds about right to me

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I did say the average American; that obviously doesn't apply to you.

Tell you what. You go ahead and stay mad; that way you don't have to think, ok? I'll just keep on saying thanks to those that offer a helping hand.

When you take something literal, you take it all the way don't you.

Misfit

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
People are quick to say this isn't political but when it happens in this way, with the entire world watching and the US government slow to respond to the crisis, then I'm afraid IT IS political.

I am impressed that so many countries can put aside their differences and antipathy and offer aid because when it comes down to it, we are humans and humans in need are humans in need.

The labels and paranoia I'm afraid don't help one bit. They are being bigger people (countries?) and we should take their assitance, shake their hand and put aside all this for now. I'm sure they will have a lot to say about it afterward, but for now they are offering help in any way they can.

The hatred and intolerence and paranoia can continue after those in need have been helped.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
exactly, it's not 'ok' to play with peoples lives because of something political when it comes to withholding aid. no so-called christian would turn the other cheek to assistance when incredibly needed no matter what past or current rumblings you may have with them.

it's sickening.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools

Originally posted by WestPoint23
This is a military team, and I guess the US gets a little touchy about foreign militaries on their soil even when they are offering to help.

Canada?!!!

You have military bases here!!

Good god! The Louisianna and Mississippi National Guard are in Iraq!!!

You could use the help but your leaders are either too proud or too stupid or incompetent to realize it.

Zero tolerence on looting? Looting that started because help did not arrive fast enough and no information was communicated to victims on where to go and what to do? (leaflets, loudspeakers etc.)

By delaying help they are promoting the descent into anarchy and chaos and the "war president" is sending in combat troops. That kind of thinking is going to get bloody.

How about zero tolerance on bad leadership!

i'd say i'd have to agree 100000% with the bad leadership and incompetence.

this whole tragic scenario has been one HORRIFIC and DEADLY comedy of errors after the other.

there's an excellent article out on cnn showing the difference in the federal spin vs the reality.............

www.cnn.com...

the FEMA idiot is saying one thing and the reporters and the mayor of NO and the evacs are saying something TOTALLY different!

its embarassing ...........just embarassing.

angie

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
here's a perfect example of the SPIN DOCTORS at work........except THIS time they got caught!!

here's the link again.................go read the entire article ...........it will make you sick that we have been so slow to move.........

www.cnn.com...
here's just the first snippet from the article on the discrepency of information...........BIG GOV vs the LITTLE PEOPLE

"The big disconnect on New Orleans
The official version; then there's the in-the-trenches version

Conditions in the Convention Center

FEMA chief Brown: We learned about that (Thursday), so I have directed that we have all available resources to get that convention center to make sure that they have the food and water and medical care that they need.

Mayor Nagin: The convention center is unsanitary and unsafe, and we are running out of supplies for the 15,000 to 20,000 people.

CNN Producer Kim Segal: It was chaos. There was nobody there, nobody in charge. And there was nobody giving even water. The children, you should see them, they're all just in tears. There are sick people. We saw... people who are dying in front of you.

Evacuee Raymond Cooper: Sir, you've got about 3,000 people here in this -- in the Convention Center right now. They're hungry. Don't have any food. We were told two-and-a-half days ago to make our way to the Superdome or the Convention Center by our mayor. And which when we got here, was no one to tell us what to do, no one to direct us, no authority figure. "

unbelievable!!

angie

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
amerika is turning down outside help so they can't report on just how bad things are down there. once again the 'superpower' u.s. was caught flatfooted, unable to react quickly....or didn't want to..hmmmm

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Ships are being supplied and readied to sail on Tuesday.

Canadian warships to take supplies to Louisiana

Three Canadian warships and a coast guard vessel will be sent to Louisiana on Tuesday with relief supplies for the U.S. Gulf Coast.

The Canadian Coast Guard Ship SIR WILLIAM ALEXANDER will sail along with the Canadian Navy vessels, HMCS ATHABASKAN, HMCS VILLE DE QUEBEC and HMCS TORONTO.

The Coast Guard vessel will support the Canadian Navy in the amphibious rescue operations and will be under the command of the Naval Task Force Commander.

The Canadian mission, dubbed Operation Union, is expected to provide humanitarian aid, along with divers, and engineering expertise for reconstruction.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It will take some time for our Navy to get down there, but at least they don't need permission from DHS to sail international waters and into the Gulf of Mexico to lend a hand.

No word yet on the DART team.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Knowing the situation right now at the NO airport and the problems the doctors and nurses are having, I just cannot fathom why D.A.R.T. isn't already there doing what they are so good at.

here's the background info on the team...

www.forces.gc.ca...

...they'd be on the ground working tomorrow!

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Ships are being supplied and readied to sail on Tuesday.

Yes, they are expected to arrive on Thursday or Friday. Canada is also sending several planes, to ferry the evacuees to shelters in Texas, etc.

Thanks, Canada!

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
This is a topic my buddies and I have been hashing around since the first offer of Canadian aid was rejected.

What seems to be the most logical answer is the most simple:
Bush doesn't want Canada to look heroic in the eyes of the American public while he's gearing up to screw us over in a trade war.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
No further speculation on this topic?

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
No further speculation on this topic?

Maybe they're just scared that we'll send some Sea Kings.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Maybe they're just scared that we'll send some Sea Kings.

You mean those relics are still flying?

Speaking of Relic...I hear the chatter out of Army.ca that a fair number of search and rescue personnel from Vancouver are heading for the gulf to augment a growing fleet of ships and planes.

I'll get some details tonight and add it to this post.

I guess Hillier, our crusty equivelant to Gen. Honore, has been vocal lately too. I'm going to suss out what his sentiments are.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
When you see the extent of the devistation, it's impossible to imagine why help from ANYONE was turned down.
Canada is part of North America.

WTF is wrong with these idiots?

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I know...there was an 'operation union' in Viet Nam too...like there aren't enough words to go around...sheesh.

Anyways...there are 4 Canadian Forces vessels going to the gulf...HMCS Athabasca, a destroyer and 2 frigates, the HMCS Ville d' Quebec and HMCS Toronto. The fourth is a Coast Guard cutter which I haven't found the name for.
There are Red Cross personnel being flown down to Texas in our military Hercs to assist the people bused there.

I'm still looking for verifyable info on the Vancouver search and rescue group.

Hilliers statements lately were on the CBC radio...I'm still looking for transcripts.

I did see one speech made yesterday where Hillier mentions his military time spent in LA as well as his steadfast opinion that he's ready to go with whatever is asked for.

Paul Martin (PM), at a press conference, said yesterday that; "Whatever aid is required (Canada) will send it".

I guess that means we're waiting to be asked for more.

D.A.R.T. is still not being sent.

[edit on 4-9-2005 by masqua]

<< 1  2    4 >>

join