It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Disaster Assistance Response Team refused entry by Homeland Security!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Insulted doesn't even describe what I'm feeling right now, outraged, frustrated and saddened is a bit more accuracte..............

[edit on 2-9-2005 by sardion2000]

Please don't mistake the bad decisions of our gov't officials as a barometer of the American public's gratitude. Believe me, the average American is very grateful for your offer of assistance.

Keep those planes gassed up and at the ready; hopefully our "leaders" will soon see the folly of their position and accept your offer. Else they will be looking for a new job come next election day.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Insulted doesn't even describe what I'm feeling right now, outraged, frustrated and saddened is a bit more accuracte..............

Please don't mistake the bad decisions of our gov't officials as a barometer of the American public's gratitude. Believe me, the average American is very grateful for your offer of assistance.

Grateful? I can't be grateful for the offer of help. First I have to tone down from being so pisssed off that it was denied.

Agree, and moreso, with whomever said this is akin to refusing a handshake. It's refusing a shake ........ and slapping the face of those who want to help.

I also agree with others, to an extent, that it is the over-inflated pride of the American government that says "we don't need your stinking help. 'Extent' being, I can't put my finger on it, but there is something else going on with this whole situation.

Misfit

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   
we refused crucial Russian aid in the first hours of the disaster, if i'm not mistaken Russia was the first to offer help, we said NO, now we won't let the Canadians come in to help, yet we don't have enough people on the ground... This is #ing nuts, excuse my french, but I can't believe this beuracracy bull# that is going on. I'm highly annoyed with my government right now.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I think the reason the US would currently decline help from DART would be due to logistical problems/issues. Our two nations have little political pissing matches over softwood, grain subsidies, arctic passage, etc., but when it comes right down to it we're still each other's best friends.

I mean, the Deputy Commander in Chief of NAADC/NORAD is Lieutenant-General E. A. Findley, CMM, MSC, CD, Canadian Forces... stationed in Colorado in case you didn't know.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Keep those planes gassed up and at the ready; hopefully our "leaders" will soon see the folly of their position and accept your offer. Else they will be looking for a new job come next election day.

I didn't and am sorry I worded it too vaguely. I'm very aware just how gratefull most american's are for the offer, but it still should be accepted asap and I hope for the sake of those who need it most that it is.

Your "leaders" are infecting your country, and some of your citizens with a strange sort of memetic disease. That is what I mean when I said what I said. Allot of the American's I have talked to about this issue are just as dismayed as I am sorry if i didn't make myself clearer. Something needs to change.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   
This might sound a bit off, but it almost seems that the U.S. Gove. is going out of their way not to help. My theory is that the government is sitting back watchings to see what happens, because this is a good scenario of how people would act if a really devastating terrorist attack would happen... like a small nuke in a major city. I find it hard to beieve that after five days we can't get basic necessities like food and water to these people. Air drop M.R.E.'s and bottled water, they did it in Afghanistan alot sooner. It is truly heartbreaking to see these people dying, I saw an elderly lady dead on her front porch propped in a wheelchair...it just made me angry that this is playing out like this.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   

The US sent out a request for international assistance on Thursday

That from an artical about Sweden offering help.
Source

But this is the first I've heard about any call for assistance.

Misfit

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Way to go P Diddy and Jay Z who have pledged 1 million in aid.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   
What's interesting and irrelevant here is where are all the ATS hardcore neocon supporters. Where is your great leader when tragedy strikes? Where is Bush the cowboy who won't stand down on foreign matters but appears to pull a David Copperfield like disappearing trick when HIS OWN people are in such need. Perhaps he took back the 2 days of vacation he cut short once when he got a firsthand look at this disaster. Things are happening but at such a slow pace it seems.

It is mind boggling to hear that any international support is being refused. My god I really couldn't believe that this government could be so disorganized and helpless.

I pray for these people and have contributed my small share in the hopes that some good can start to happen. God bless the people hit by this awful storm.

On a scary sidenote, and it has probably been discussed here, has anyone else noticed some of the eerily prophetic similiarities between this event and a movie called "Oil Storm" a few months back.

brill

[edit on 2-9-2005 by brill]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by nikelbee
Way to go P Diddy and Jay Z who have pledged 1 million in aid.

Ellen DeGener [sp] is organizing efforts within Hollywood, and Jerry Lewis is having a major forefront of this years telethon asking for help for N.O. and areas.

Misfit

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I honestly cant believe that help is being refused. The Canadian D.A.R.T. team is crack at what they do. Actually its what canada does in most countries and they have alot of pracitce with what they do. Its pretty sad that there sittin on the ground waiting for the word to go while ppl are dying by the minute.

Its also hard to belive that such a SUPERPOWER nation would let this go on. Honestly.. the disaster relief after the tsunami was better then what the us is gettin now and that was half way around the world.

I hope things start gettin better from here thou.. so far its not looking like it might for a while

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
The irony is mind blowing.

www.usembassycanada.gov...

U.S. defense arrangements with Canada are more extensive than with any other country. The Permanent Joint Board on Defense, established in 1940, provides policy-level consultation on bilateral defense matters. The United States and Canada share NATO mutual security commitments. In addition, U.S. and Canadian military forces have cooperated since 1958 on continental air defense within the framework of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD). The military response to the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 both tested and strengthened military cooperation between the United States and Canada. In December 2002, the two countries established a Binational Planning Group to develop joint plans for maritime and land defense and for military support to civil authorities in times of emergency. Since 2002, Canada has participated in joint military actions in Afghanistan and, in early 2004, Canada assumed command of the International Security and Assistance Forces (ISAF) in Kabul. Canada has also contributed to stabilization efforts in Haiti, including by deploying over 500 Canadian troops.

I find it hard to comment on what's happening. It's an unbelievable tragedy and it seems to keep going on and on and on.

My heart goes out to the people of New Orleans and all the people affected by Katrina but especially the people of New Orleans.

Something is very wrong with the picture.

I can't help but think that if the anguished, suffering faces of these poor people were white, food and water would have been raining down them from day one and that an armada of boats and helicopters and ships and rescuers would have been on-site from hour one after Katrina passed.

It's wrong what's happening and my heart hurts. I can't stop watching and I can't stop the tears. Never forget Hardy Jackson. Never forget what wealth without will is unable to accomplish.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
This is straight A Bull#. Why? Do we not need help? I think we do.

Do we not want to rebuilf? I think we should, why dont we want help? What are they hiding?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Ah Don't worry guys Bush is on top of things... He just had to play Golf and Guitar today to you know, kind of unwind from all the stress he is under.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
That's it.

Lots of planning but no 'exit stategy'.

errrrrrr

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The ongoing situation in NO is sending red flag warnings to everyone. It can not be made more plain that the Bush Admin. does not give an absolute "crapola" about what is going on. How can it be any clearer? Wake up y'all.
Sorry for the rant, can't believe the dingbat is doing this and is still in power. Impeach!

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Please dont come here and save our people! We have plans for them!
You must not interfere!

WTH?

Are we finally waking up, people?????

Its time. Now.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
My god now the canadian conservative mps are trying to turn our delayed offer to help into a political thing. Stockwell Day noless... our leaders aren't much better then those south of the border but I was hoping that our election year rhetoric wouldn't enter into this disaster.

www.ctv.ca...

However Stockwell Day, foreign affairs critic for the Conservatives, criticized Martin for being "nowhere to be found" when the hurricane struck.

Yeah we weren't as forthcoming with aid as the Russians, but we did come through I would like to think that the offer was only made when we were ready to roll, fly or swim to NO. But who knows what politicians think nowadays, they are so divorced from reality it's really quite frightening.

Why is it that these situations always bring out the best and worst in people, and the bigger the disaster the worse some people react to it? It's a very puzzling human trait. If there is a hell then the people who are trying to turn this situation into a political advantage are booking a first class ticket there.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Well, I guess they must still be planning.

In December 2002, the two countries (Canada/USA) established a Binational Planning Group to develop joint plans for maritime and land defense and for military support to civil authorities in times of emergency.

And I can't understand all the fed politico's back slapping about all the great work they're doing.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by brill
What's interesting and irrelevant here is where are all the ATS hardcore neocon supporters. Where is your great leader when tragedy strikes?

It is mind boggling to hear that any international support is being refused. My god I really couldn't believe that this government could be so disorganized and helpless.

I pray for these people and have contributed my small share in the hopes that some good can start to happen. God bless the people hit by this awful storm.

brill

[edit on 2-9-2005 by brill]

Though I resent the "hardcore neocon supporters" moniker ( I thought we were going to stop doing that in ATS?), I will say that Bush is involved and concerned about the situation. He just arrived in Mississippi again and conferred with governors, members of the Coast Guard, and others, inside a hangar. He left to tour the distressed sites by air and on foot. This is his second trip to the area.

More National Guard are arriving to restore order and protection to everyone, including those that don't deserve it - those gangs of losers that are taking pot shots at rescue workers.

As far as accepting help from other nations, that also is changing. The US has asked for and been granted petroleum assistance from the EU. I'm as puzzled as the next person why we have refused onsite help from other nations.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join