It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Charged With Stealing Tracking Device !!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 01:57 AM
link   
From the "duh" files....

Associated Press

To track down this alleged thief, all police had to do was flick on a computer.

A 40-year-old man was arrested Wednesday and charged with stealing a computerized tracking device that uses a global positioning system to keep track of jail prisoners on home detention.

The $2,500 device was temporarily placed outside a home by a woman serving home detention. The device, which is a little bigger than a brick in size, has a built-in GPS satellite receiver.

By the time the prisoner called to report the theft Monday night, the device had automatically notified the jail that it had been taken outside the prisoner's home area.

FULL STORY

Add him to one of the world's dumbest criminals, I can't imagine he realized what it was he was stealing.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 02:04 AM
link   

That's the best one since the guy who robbed a bank using the back of his C.V as the ransom note!

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 07:11 AM
link   
ROFL!

Some people never learn.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   
What a moron! Surely this man didn't realize the nature of the object that he was stealing!

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Interesting story, but did you accidentally post in the wrong thread? I dont see the relevance.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Reuters

A drunken German thief botched his escape from a robbery in the western city of Cologne when he trapped his little finger in a wooden rack and had to wait for police to free him.

Cologne police spokesman Juergen Laggies said the inebriated 42-year-old was unable to free his jammed digit during a smash-and-grab at a city convenience store. Firefighters eventually had to be called to release him.

REUTERS

I get a kick out of these stupid criminal stories!

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
Interesting story, but did you accidentally post in the wrong thread? I dont see the relevance.

How ironic.

top topics

join