It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix Lights Photo Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I did a search and read through most of the Phoenix Lights posts.

I would imagine most of you know that digital photos have information available in blacked out - or insufficient - light areas and all it takes to bring the information forth is to lighten the picture.

I discovered this by accident when I lightened up a photo of my daughters taken in the kitchen.
The family room in the background was completely black in the photo and quite dark in real life.
Overexposing the scene of the girls in the kitchen via a simple photo program brought the family room bookcases etc. into proper and well-lit focus.

If there are - and I'd bet there are - digi-photos of the Phoenix lights, has anyone tried to lighten them up and perhaps see what's around or adjacent to the lights?

I've also lightened up digi-photos I've pulled off the net to see objects in the background of the shot.

Simple idea, granted, and known by most photographers I would imagine, but still....

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Seen all kinds of videos of the Phoenix lights including two days prior to the big event in which two-three and four were in the Phoenix sky.

And other than Dellitoso's Phoenix light research digitally (not original footage), I have not heard of any of the 03/97 footage of the home witnesses being taken on digital format.

I'm not sure in /97 digital format was available for home video cameras. But apparently there was one station footage showing "structure" taken but was swindled away from ex council woman Barwood's witness.

Dallas

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The Pheonix lights incident happened in early 1997. because of that, i highly doubt that there were any digital pics, sorry. Dont quote me on that though

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
digital pics cannot be improved...if a negative exists... it can be brightened...

[edit on 29-8-2005 by eyeballkid]

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I must be missing the point here.....

Even if there were digital photos of the objects what purpose would it serve to lighten the captures?

Would that negate the 1000s of witnesses?

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
As you have read above - Desert Dawg suggests there's more to a digital image than just the regular digital photograph may depict, and there is.

And what I and others suggest is there may not have been digital camera or video technology available in early /97.

Wish there was and some of the vids were taken on digital format though !

Dallas

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I believe there s three different videos of the 1997 Phoenix incident.

Many people haven't seen the silver orb one.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
the funny thing about the whole thing, the military did a crappy job of covering it up

top topics

join