It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Science?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
As I was shopping for a christian church to attend, I came across one in my area that is based on Christian Science..

What is this about?

I have absolutely no christian churches in my area, but one around the corner that is methodist but base themselves under 'charasmatic'
and yes those people who own the place live very nicely...

their church is on the water, they have concerts, hold aa meetings, and do it all...

It really does sound like a great place to go, but i'm not basing my faith off fun, but want to actually get to learn more about what's in the scripture...

Then there is a baptist church also around the corner.. I've always been interested in that, but don't know if they teach right from the bible..

Then we have presbyterian (which is where they speak in weird tongues so you can't understand) and then catholic.

I was born catholic, baptised as catholic, and couldn't stand the tradition of sitting, then standing, kneeling, and doing the same boring rituals every weekend.. Plus I remember them instilling fear in me, and just just didn't appreciate their 'ways of doing things'

So is christian science the next best thing? or should i just not go to a church all together...

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Well if you are a Christian that is searcjh of a Christian church, you may want to steer clear of the Christian Science. Not to sat there is anything wrong with them but they are not quite the same thing as RCC

Christian Science teaches that reality is an interpretation of Divine Mind, that Jesus was not the Christ, that His sacrifice did not clean from sin, that sickness and evil are illusions, and that the Bible can only be understood correctly through its teachings. Is Christian Science really Christian? No. It isn't.

www.religioustolerance.org...

www.carm.org...

[edit on 29-8-2005 by kenshiro2012]

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The temple of God is within.

Read your bible. Read some every day. Pray. Pray for understanding of what you are reading. Listen/think about what you have read and how it applies to your life.
God will lead, and He will answer.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
TrueLies,

Run; don’t walk away from Christian Science teachings. They are not Christian at all and teach damnable heresy. Keep away from the Charismatic teachers as well. They often times push false teachings concerning speaking in tongues and prosperity doctrines.

It’s a dangerous world out there TrueLies. The simple message of true Christianity is quickly being replaced by many false teachings. The good news is this, if you want to find a good church that teaches you straight from the Bible they are out there you just have to look hard.

Stay away from churches that have any affiliation with large international bodies like the World Council of Churches. These churches have strayed away from biblical teachings in order to build interdenominational connections. The more people you try to please backsliding man the more watered down the bible gets in order to make everyone happy.

Have you found any non-denominational churches in your area? The Baptist church you mentioned may work out but remember that all Baptist churches are not the same. If any of these churches have a web site email me a link and I’ll take a look at it for you. I would hate to see you start off on the wrong foot with bad teaching.

I’ve spent the last thirteen years of my life reading hundreds of books on Christian apologetics and the Holy Bible. I’m well instructed on separating truth from a lie as it concerns the fundamentals of our faith.

At the very least post the names of the churches near you and I can research them for you.

In Christ,
Machine

new topics

top topics

join