It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli PM's son indicted on corruption charges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
JERUSALEM (CNN) -- Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's son Omri has been indicted on corruption charges, according to Israel's Justice Ministry.

He is accused of receiving millions of dollars from various corporations in Israel and overseas, for his father's campaign in the 1999 primaries for the Likud leadership, according to the Israeli daily Ha'aretz.

The amount far exceeds the limits set by Israel's Party Law, the newspaper reported.

Omri Sharon is also accused of using the Annex Research company to disburse most of the money to the campaign's suppliers and service providers in an effort to avoid reporting the funds to the Likud's oversight institution, Ha'aretz said.

Omri Sharon, who ran his father's election campaign, has told the Jerusalem Post newspaper that the strict limits on funding in place were unreasonable.

Omri Sharon faces charges of fraud, breach of trust and perjury. If found guilty, Omri Sharon faces up to five years in prison over charges of violating campaign finance laws.

Sources:
CNN.com
BBC News

Makes me wonder which "International Corporations" were involved in this Corruption.

[edit on 28/8/05 by Souljah]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
*took out a worthless post*

*If you don't have something intelligent to add don't bother posting*

[edit on 28-8-2005 by Amuk]

Oh look, another one of my posts changed by Amuk.
Wonder why he suddenly has it in for me?
Hitting most of my posts on the board he is.

[edit on 28-8-2005 by Chuck Stevenson]

new topics

join