It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERRORISM: Former Police Chief Claims CIA Planted Key Lockerbie Evidence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
A Former Scottish Police Chief has claimed the CIA planted key evidence used in the Lockerbie bombing trial. The unnamed officer has submitted a sworn statement to the lawyers representing Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed Al Megrahi, who was jailed in 2001 for his part in the bombings.

news.scotsman.com
A FORMER Scottish police chief has given lawyers a signed statement claiming that key evidence in the Lockerbie bombing trial was fabricated.

The retired officer - of assistant chief constable rank or higher - has testified that the CIA planted the tiny fragment of circuit board crucial in convicting a Libyan for the 1989 mass murder of 270 people.

The officer, who was a member of the Association of Chief Police Officers Scotland, is supporting earlier claims by a former CIA agent that his bosses "wrote the script" to incriminate Libya.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The implications of this testimony could be huge, and obviously not just for this case.

This comes just a few days after the evidence of one of the key witnesses was called into question. (Link)

I haven't followed this case in great detail, but apparently Megrahi's defence claim the US and UK knew it was the PFLP-GC, but framed Libya.

If anyone can shed any more light on this it would be appreciated.

[edit on 27-8-2005 by kegs]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Just bumping this due to its late night posting. No one but 'Conspiracy Planet' has picked up on this yet.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
That's interesting.
I saw a documentary from Sky tv that looked into the Lockerbie bombing and there were a lot of conspiracies surrounding it. Some even involving a heroin shipment that was supposed to be on board. They say the US swept in very shortly after the bombing took place.

Here's a copy of the film for anyone who wants to watch it:
www.indybay.org...

[edit on 28-8-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Finally starting to be picked up by other (credible) agencies:

washingtontimes.com...

If this and the doubts over one the key witnesses forces a re-trial, it could get very interesting. That is if we get to hear anything about it...

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I was wondering why Megrahi's defence would claim the US and UK would spare Palestinian terrorists to frame Libya.

It doesn't make sense.

Then I saw this: U.S praises Libya, wags finger at Iran, North Korea

And remembered an article from March 2004:

It’s All About the Oil: Libya Edition

And then I thought... Doh!

[edit on 30-8-2005 by kegs]

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Didn't Libya basically admit to the bombing. I know they had to pay restitutions if I remember correctly. I don't think they would have paid if they didn't assist in the deed.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Didn't Libya basically admit to the bombing. I know they had to pay restitutions if I remember correctly. I don't think they would have paid if they didn't assist in the deed.

Libya had sanctions placed against it, so they decided to accept guilt as the"price for peace" and to secure the lifting of sanctions.

Pan_Am_Flight_103#Relations_with_Libya

[edit on 30-8-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
If this is true then those within and outside the CIA who had a hand in the fraud should be held to account, prosecuted, and subjected to the fullest available penalty, whether CIA foot soldier, manager, section chief, director, Senator, Congressman/woman, and even President. The parade of disclosures showing incompetence, fraud, treachery, and inhumanity on the part of the US saddens me. There is one positive aspect to this disclosure: the citizens of the US are learning what kind of people are in charge of their country, will hopefully be willing and able to recognize the depravity of their leaders, and use that knowledge to make better choices in future elections. Fat chance?

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
good story this one. everything is a conspiracy. especially terrorist things

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Update.. two years later...

'Secret' Lockerbie report claim

02/10/2007

news.bbc.co.uk...

Lawyers acting for the Lockerbie bomber are expected to ask the High Court to examine claims that vital documents were kept from the trial defence team.

It is believed the documents may have undermined the case against Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed al-Megrahi.

...The documents, which relate to the timer which allegedly detonated the Lockerbie bomb, are believed to have come from the American CIA - which demanded that they were not disclosed.

And yet:

It is likely a procedural hearing will take place in Edinburgh later this year but the full appeal will not be heard until next year.

Check this thread this time next year for another update.

...It'd be funny if it wasn't accurate.

[edit on 5-10-2007 by kegs]

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Four years later...

new topics

top topics

join