It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Computer DVD problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Okay... anytime I play an audio file or video downloaded from the net, it works perfect. But when I got to watch a DVD on my computer... theres absolutely no sound. I've checked my speakers and sound setting on both the computer and media player. is it possible that I don't have a high enough version of like RP or WMP or something that would be causing this problem? Quick help would be nice, but any help would be very welcome.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Try upgrading to the newest media player possible (Windows Media Player is at version 10 currently, I'm not sure of RealPlayer because I don't use it
)

If that doesn't work, then maybe a DVD decoder issue? If not, check your Sound settings in Start > Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices and make sure your sound device is ok... but since you said you can play other audio and video files, I guess that's not really the case.

That's all I can think of now... (my brain has been zapped due to the events of earlier in my day
) ...let me know if anything is still up.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I'm thinking that it may be that my WMP version is just really low... not sure what it is, but i just reformatted my computer recently and never installed updates... so I'm almost certain that that is the problem... I'll have to get back to you and let you know.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Okay... I finally got it fixed... It was just as simple as changing my screen resolution. I thought it woulda had to do with the sound or something, but nope. I had the DVD thing minimized, and i was going to change the resolution to make everything smaller, and BAM! The sound started working... weird.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Whats wrong with RP?Beats WMP in every way! it plays more, it takes less space, and it is better! I have nothing that it can't play, WMP plays about a third. WMP sucks, why people think it is so great IDK, maybe they like not being able to play anything.

top topics

join