It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why all the negativity about Sheehan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This is our chance to expose what is really going on with our government and the false war in Iraq, and nobody is doing anything about it. She is doing a great thing by calling the president out, and he SHOULD have to meet with her being that he is an elected official. We should demand he meet with her. We should write demanding it. Send an email demanding that he be responsible for his action, demand that he step down, demand that they give us our country back. In the subject line put Sheehan and Our Country. Even musicians are starting to come out about the subject. Lets go people.

[email protected]

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The negativity comes from the fact that she is verbally addressing what not politician including Democrats and Republicans alike will do without repercussions to their political careers, about what is wrong with our country and the president position toward the war in Iraq.

The president is not going to meet with her one on one due to the fact that it will be showing weakness and defeat.

It is better to attack her character than actually addressing the issues that she dare to present to the rest of the nation and something the Republican Party and Bush supporters are good at is attacking others character and motives.

The problem this time is that she is an American mother and not just a rival politician.

She is breaking the pro war propaganda and raising awarenes, people are listening and many are starting to take sides.

She is becoming dangerous to Mr. Bush public opinion and image as a president.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I was wondering something very similar this morning, although not specifically in regards to Ms, Sheehan. It seems that at some point recently, the power of words has become more 'weighted' than the power of actual physical force.

It seems that people get more upset and angry when someone says something, than they would if they got punched in the face. People's opinions and the free expression thereof, are causing more of an uproar than killing! Is this because we're at war and we're somewhat 'numb' to the killing. Is it only then that our words have more power?

Since when has speaking our minds become an unacceptable thing to do?
Since when has standing up for one’s beliefs (if it goes against the government) been perceived as a despicable crime?
Since when is calling for a halt to death unpatriotic?
Since when can a person’s opinion create anger so bitter as to make instant enemies?

When did words become more significant in ‘attacking’ someone than a physical action? There are people hitting, beating, killing and raping other people. Why do Ms. Sheehan’s words hold so much more weight than those acts?

She’s not committing a crime. There may be some question about her motives and her tactics in some people’s minds, but she’s not really doing anything wrong. Why do people hate her so? Why do they give her so much power?

The rage I witness here on ATS directed at Ms. Sheehan baffles me. Why the rage? So what if she offends someone? We all offend other people. It’s not the end of the world. People take offense at the silliest things sometimes. But she’s not hurting anyone. Sticks and stones, ya know?

When did this country get to the point that a little lady, speaking of her dead son and her desire for an answer, could turn the people into vicious hate-mongers?

I can’t believe it’s just her or her message. So then I ask, what are you really so furious about?

[edit on 25-8-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Dissent in America puts a target on your back to defame your character if you are not of the same political breed as the 'other side'...

It's just more juvenile and proposterous political party ideology...

Just carrying a warning down from george washington....Don't vote if your going to choose rep or dem k?

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
from the fact she already met with the President last year and that she was demanding another meeting as her initial reason for camping out and protesting.

Now it's become a full fledged campaign funded by moveon.org and codepink.

She is now doing a dis-service to her sons memory.

Why should she get a second meeting with the President?

Why did she change her story after her initial meeting with the President?

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman
Why did she change her story after her initial meeting with the President?

Do you really want to know the answer to that? She changed her mind about the war because she discovered many things about why and how we went to war that caused her to change her mind.

Have you ever thought one thing, and then after some research and discovery, an influx of information, changed your mind to accept another point of view? Ever?

I know I have. I supported this war in the beginning, too. I thought our government was telling us the truth and trying to protect us. I argued with my peace-nilk family about it! I soon came to realize that we had been lied into a war. I changed my mind.

Do you really care why she changed her mind or do you just use that as one piece of ammunition?

Does she not have the right to change her mind???

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Do you really care why she changed her mind or do you just use that as one piece of ammunition?

Duh!! I've never personally had a conversation with someone and mid convo they got mad at me for changing my mind... If anything they embrace it.... If it's agrees with them...If not, then you have a debate, but because this isn't a personal debate, so people are going to be more harsh and judgemental...

This is just so silly and juvenile...

-from the words of an opposer: "I'm not going to believe anything you say because you changed your mind on me you bastard! "
-stammers off after kicking brick wall...

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Ever hear the old line the truth hurts? Well it’s true it does. Many people who supported Bush’s war swallowed all the lies as fact are having a tough time coming to grips with the fact they were suckered. Plain and simple when you’re the one that believed such a big lie you have to look in the mirror and realize this whole time you were stupid for believing in Rush, O’reily etc, it’s hard. Then all of a sudden you start to ask hard questions about other things Bush has sold us that look like lies also that you supported. Hard to admit the liberals were right when your brain washed by the right. Get my point?

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
In all wars, opposition to the war in the country that initiated it is going to draw criticism in an attempt to quell it and continue the war that is wanted by the ruling class. The media is not on the side of the people and it can and will be used to malign war opposition. Sheehan is just the most recent example of this. This is just par for the course of history and I doubt anything can be done about it now.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   

That's Why!

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
That is very good portray on reality Bout Time, funny most people wants to believe that nothing is happening and than everything is just fine if we trust the government enough.

I wonder sometimes what make people tick.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
That is so perfect! I will refer to it often!

(Sorry for the one-liner - I'm also replying to this thread in hopes of correcting a technical problem I posted about here)

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
funny most people wants to believe that nothing is happening and than everything is just fine if we trust the government enough.

I wonder sometimes what make people tick.

Not getting a fair serving of taquito's and fried chicken?
Not getting the proper amount of their money back?
Stealing someone's parking spot?
slow drivers?

All very small issues...

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Great cartoon, just wonder what would have happened if Badnarick had won? Sheehan would still be at the ranch but doubt there would be as much coverage as Bush wouldn't be the president. Unless he was in jail for his crimes, but not sure that would happen.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Why the negative publicity?

Well the #1 thing is she already had a meeting with Bush, so this whole protest thing is a fraud.

I'm thinking hard about going to "Camp Cindy" to join the counter protest, here are some of the signs I'm thinking about.

"Casey died Cindy lied"

"Take a bath, hippies"

"Casey = Hero Cindy = Zero"

"I support Casey's choice"

"END THE OCCUPATION, Hippies out of Texas"

"Yes, you really lost in 2000 and 2004"

"Aid and comfort our troops, not theirs"

"Whose son are you killing, Cindy?"

Now that I got all these ideas, I really need to get out there!

new topics

top topics

join