It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden Reported Injured

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Hmmm, interesting news.
Maybe it's true, or not. take any way you want.
It's hard to confirm this kind of news so I passed it on for you all to decide.

www.adnki.com...

Kabul, 24 August (AKI) - Osama bin Laden has been wounded in Afghanistan, according to two different reports carried by various Islamic websites. Referring to the al-Qaeda leader as Abu Abdullah, the second message, which appeared on Wednesday, said: "Mullah Ahmadi, military leader of the Badr brigades, which form part of the al-Qaeda organisation in Afghanistan, has confirmed that Sheikh Abu Abdullah has been injured in his left leg."

It follows a previous message on several Islamic websites saying the fugitive terrorist leader was injured while taking part in an attack on a Spanish military base in Afghanistan.

*fixed caps lock title*

[edit on 24-8-2005 by dbates]

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
...injured while taking part in an attack on a Spanish military base in Afghanistan.

Thats why I dont believe it. No way in heck Osama would risk anything right now by actively engaging his enemies.

That man is either at the Crawford ranch or burried so deep in a mountain cave someplace you would need a tunnel digger to get him.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The article itself says that there has been no attack on a Spanish base.

This is rubbish of the highest order.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

Thats why I dont believe it. No way in heck Osama would risk anything right now by actively engaging his enemies.

That man is either at the Crawford ranch or burried so deep in a mountain cave someplace you would need a tunnel digger to get him.

I agree with all the above.. . There is NO way he would attack himself, unless he is ready to die.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Hmmm interesting. I'm not sure what to make of it.

It seems unlikely that Bin Laden would be involved in the ground ops then again leaders are sometimes known for their do as the lower rank soldier does. (Imagine Bush oging out on the ground for an offensive op)

Anyway another to keep an eye on.

Keep them coming SIRR1, you're on a roll today

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

I agree with Skippy! This calls for a celebration.

Yeah, why would Osama actually participate in an attack? That would be like Bush going into the front lines in Iraq.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Sounds bogus to me. Or it could be some kind of coded message that actually means something else.

I'll be happy when I hear reliable reports that the guy is dead.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
i guess the Islamic websites are trying to idolize him that he went bravely to attack the Crusaders and got hurt trying to kill infidel soldiers.
, very good propaganda to recruit more in Afghanistan where they need recruits. i heard they just close down madrassas so they can force young boys to go Jihad instead of studying Koran.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
And why would an Islamic report to that info out there knowing we the people could read it? It's just a tad too convienient for me. I don't believe it either.

They would keep something like that hush hush knowing how much of a wanted man he is.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
More than likely, its a "go" signal for an attack on western forces and/or interests. Zarqawi has used this tactic in Iraq more than a few times.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Seriously. He already sowed the seeds of hatred and extremism.

Him being injured, or DEAD, does not matter at all.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   
They must mean someone was digging in their garden and injured the leg of Bin Ladens body which had been buried there in December 2001.

I doubt this is much more than a dud story on a bad website trying to report news but if it was to get picked up and the Bin Laden talk starts up again, i dare say it is more about an upcoming bombing raid on an area of Afghanistan.

After all, there's been a bit of deployment action from the coalition forces in Afghanistan and Poppy season is coming up, the CIA will need their warlords covered in case the Taliban make any moves to destory their drug trade and liquid cash source.

Which is actually one of the more logical ways of Bin Ladens group actually hurt America finacially, it would force more money to come from American pockets if billions from drug money was taken out. You only need to look at the difference between herion tonage in 2000-1 vs 2002 and onward. In 2000, under Taliban rule there was roughly 500 tons of Herion, after the invasion under CIA/US sponsered warlords, it jumped to 2,000 tons and has risen each year.

Spark up the Bin laden bogyman machine, we gotta protect the 2006 budget!

[edit on 25-8-2005 by TheShroudOfMemphis]

top topics

join