It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Expect Bomb Attacks Outside London Say Experts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
A report conducted by the Centre for Defence Studies has said that terrorists may switch tactics and attack cities outside of London. The attacks could be in areas where large numbers of people congregate, but not necessarily the transport system, said the report. London would still be the main target for most groups, but some might find it easier to penetrate other British cities. In addition the next attack could be with dirty bombs or chemical in nature, although explosives remain the primary weapon.

today.reuters.co.uk
LONDON (Reuters) - British cities outside London are likely targets for terrorists after July's bomb attacks on the capital's transport system, a security think tank said on Tuesday.

A report by the Centre for Defence Studies at London's King's College, said attackers may switch the location and types of target as they try to elude Britain's security services and spread mass panic.

"If there is a controlling hand behind the July attacks, the next phase is likely to be marked by a determined attempt to mount attacks in cities other than London," said Michael Clarke, who edited the report.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is not so much another warning as a detailed reports about possible terrorism in the UK. In addition the report warns that there needs to be a proper and official investigation (much like 9-11) to indentify where intelligence went wrong.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Im sorry but this is nothing more than fear-mongering. If's and might be's do nothing but perpetuate the state of fear that terrorists crave so much. One has to wonder at the motives of those who would prolong the climate of fear.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Yep, these are the same people who said that the next attack would be in the city financial centre. I like how one of these is being issued every few weeks just to remind us. Then there was Charles Clarke's comments last week how he 'felt' another attack was imminent. He had no proof or intelligence mind, just a 'sense' that something was going to happen.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   
See, there's nothing wrong with this information, as it's more than likely true. The problem I have is that a "think tank" is PAID to sit around and come up with "You know what Jim, I think those terrorists could strike again!" "Your right Joe! And it could be somewhere OTHER than London!!" "By george Jim, thats spot on! Quick, let's tell everyone....and get our pay packs"

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 03:12 AM
link   
You forgot the part where they pat each other on the back and say:

'Say Jim, that was some fine bit of a work. What say you we go down the Robin Hood and get us a pint or two. I'm buying.' (pats paypacket in pocket)

'Good idea Bob. I'm parched and it's only 11:30. How about tomorrow instead of rewriting this bloody thing we just copy Fletcher's report from last month. More time for the necessities in life.' (can cheesy television studio laughter)

'Excellent Jim. I knew I liked you. Well, what are we waiting for. You like cheese & onion crisps Joe?' (fade to voices drifting away)

[edit on 24-8-2005 by nikelbee]

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I'm going to have to agree, this is free mongering and something people could figure out for themselves.

The terrorists could attack somewhere other than London.....damn these terrorists are getting clever, don't fear though folks the nice people at the Centre for Defence Studies are going to tell us all the stuff we're all too stupid to figure out on ourselves. hurray!

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   

In addition the report warns that there needs to be a proper and official investigation (much like 9-11) to indentify where intelligence went wrong.

Where and when was there a "proper" investigationfor 9-11? Official, maybe. Proper, no. The 9-11 Commission (Ommission) Report was a complete farce. Any testimony that contradicted the official line was disallowed or ommitted. Just ask Sibel Edmunds. And Kissinger was appointed to head the investigation by the very administration that it was meant to be investigating. Talk about the fox guarding the henhouse. If there's ever an investigation into my conduct, I hope I can get my buddy to head up the investigation too. But I digress...

Any investigation into 7/7 and 7/21 will be a farce as well. Tony Blair has already set that stage by defending the actions of police officers (and their superiors) who shot an innocent man 7 times in the head. Will there be an investigation into all the questions surrounding the events of those days and all the bizarre coincidences, or will it the kind of report that states "We messed up here and here, but we'll do a better job next time, you just need to carry cards and give up a few freedoms to help us do our job better."?

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Tony has already said repeatedly that there will be NO investigation. One wonders what else he has to hide. As far as the threats, I suppose anything is credible, but I want some tangible proof. The intelligence officers all seem to be out somewhere on a hammock in the Caribbean. Perhaps when September roles around they'll get back from their holidays and give us some real updates.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
There will be attacks outside London, here there everywhere, this that and the other and loads of other nonesense, blah blah blah. This is from the same Government who brought you the Iraq war and we all remember all the magical stories we were told there.

The message is the same be afraid! Why? So we can force identity cards upon you all! Mwooo hahahahahah

More people died on the roads on 7/7 in the UK than in the terrorist attacks. Im not scared at all.

dh

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Just the pushing of this stupid threat promotes division
They want to thrust a stake into the heart of communities andsplit up communities
See
www.thisisbradford.co.uk...

This is a city where the police, the city council, the BNP, the National Front, the ANL all sought to contrive a disastrous riot in 2001

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Dh

Thanks for that
It is excellent news that some communities are attacking the problems directly by working together rather than resorting to fear-mongering and intolerant views. Imagine if the entire country acted like that.

HURRAH for Bradford.

dh

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Wish that could be so
They are threatening all outlying cities with mayhem
We are at risk from Government-sponsored terrorism wherever we live

new topics

top topics

join