It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb-Grade Uranium Found In Iran Came From Pakistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Two years ago traces of bomb-grade uranium were found in Iran. Now it turns out it came from contaminated Pakistani equipment after all, which Iran has claimed all the time. The Bush administration has tried to use this as evidence that Iran was making bomb-grade ingredients, and make the U.N. Security Council impose sanctions against Iran. This evidence is now made invalid.

Washington Post: No Proof Found of Iran Arms Program

August 23, 2005

Uranium Traced to Pakistani Equipment

Traces of bomb-grade uranium found two years ago in Iran came from contaminated Pakistani equipment and are not evidence of a clandestine nuclear weapons program, a group of U.S. government experts and other international scientists has determined.

"The biggest smoking gun that everyone was waving is now eliminated with these conclusions," said a senior official who discussed the still-confidential findings on the condition of anonymity.

Iran has long contended that the uranium traces were the result of contaminated equipment bought years ago from Pakistan. But the Bush administration had pointed to the material as evidence that Iran was making bomb-grade ingredients.

U.S. officials have privately acknowledged for months that they were losing confidence that the uranium traces would turn out to be evidence of a nuclear weapons program. A recent U.S. intelligence estimate found that Iran is further away from making bomb-grade uranium than was previously thought, according to U.S. officials.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Oh my... Iran was right after all. I guess the Bush administration has to find some other "evidence" now, if they want any sanctions against Iran. This starts to sound like an echo of the missing WMD´s in Iraq...

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
No, this is quite possible.

A rouge Pakistani scientist gave nike technology to N. Korea and Iran and a few other states. Its quite possible for Iran to have been given some Pakistani Uranium.

cjf

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The IAEA also was questioning Iran as was the EU3 on this very topic

Item number 40 noted inside the IAEA report: ‘IAEA Board of Governors Report November 15, 2004, Iran’ again mentions the suspicion several months ago about his very ite. I do not believe the concerns (or any for that matter) were unfounded given long, long Iran’s history of concealing a ‘two decades plus’ nuke program; but the possible explanations were documented long ago.

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Oh my... Iran was right after all. I guess the Bush administration has to find some other "evidence" now, if they want any sanctions against Iran. This starts to sound like an echo of the missing WMD´s in Iraq...

From the posted article:

France, Japan, Britain and Russia met in secret during the past nine months to pore over data collected by inspectors from the International Atomic Energy Agency.

The international community’s lack of trust concerning Iran is founded upon more than just the highly enriched material found two years ago. Iran is walking upon the ‘razor’s edge’. As it appears there are other interested parties, not just the US and the IAEA reports maintain numerous points of concern.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
This sounds SO much like the lead in to Iraq, it's not funny. I hope this report is not too late.

The conclusions will be shared with IAEA board members in a report due out the first week in September, according to U.S. and European officials who agreed to discuss details of the investigation on the condition of anonymity. The report "will say the contamination issue is resolved," a Western diplomat said.

This is interesting:

U.S. officials have privately acknowledged for months that they were losing confidence that the uranium traces would turn out to be evidence of a nuclear weapons program. A recent U.S. intelligence estimate found that Iran is further away from making bomb-grade uranium than previously thought, according to U.S. officials.

They're 'losing confidence', like they were really hoping for it! They WANT to attack Iran, but now they're 'losing confidence' that they might have a good reason. They're just itching to go in there, but now, they're disappointed because it looks like their fun and games will be at least postponed...
Well, hey, maybe they can find another reason or forge some documents or something. There's still hope!

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Iran is a peaceful loving country ran by great leaders who only want peaceful nuclear power for their people they care so deeply for. Even though they sit on one of the largest energy supplies in the world, they feel the need to have nuclear power to run their huge industrialized country.

George Bush wants to take over Iran for oil so Haliburton can make more money and Bush can control most of the world oil before his term is up 4 years. Iran poses no threat to any country and should be left alone, I trust them 100% to peacefully develope only nuclear power.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I just noticed that this story is now also available on ATSNN.

ATSNN thread is here:
NEWS: Report Published By IAEA Vindicates Iran (by subz)

top topics

join