It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Pilots were not at the controls

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   


ATHENS, Greece -- A "tired or weakened" man sent two "Mayday" calls from a Cypriot airliner before it mysteriously crashed in Greece, killing all 121 people aboard, according to a preliminary report on the accident by a Greek investigator.

The report, released Monday, said an F-16 pilot who was escorting the doomed jetliner reported that the pilot of the craft was not in his seat late into the flight -- and that in the final 10 minutes of the flight, a man sat in the pilot's seat "wearing an oxygen mask" and "tried to send specifically two times the SOS or emergency 'Mayday' signal."



www.cnn.com...

My best guess is they found a man inside the cockpit still attached to the pilot's seat or this is just a diversionary tactic to cover up foul play. Such as a possible hijacking and a similar incident to what happned in Pennsylvania 9/11.

This is the man 'believed' to have been the one to make mayday calls while in the cockpit, his girlfriend pictureed on the left, also died in the crash.



[edit on 22-8-2005 by Frosty]




posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
My teacher in History class talked about this. He said that pilot died at the during the transmission because of the lack of air and the plane being extremely cold. All of the people in the plane died before they crashed because of that reason. I can't remember how the oxygen ran out and how it became so cold that they died in seconds. Like it says in my mood: Confused...



posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Withdrawn_Depression
All of the people in the plane died before they crashed because of that reason. I can't remember how the oxygen ran out and how it became so cold that they died in seconds. Like it says in my mood: Confused...


No, they did not all die before they crashed. A good percentage (via autopsies) were found to have still been alive, maybe unconscious but still alive, prior to the crash.



posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Originally posted by Withdrawn_Depression
All of the people in the plane died before they crashed because of that reason. I can't remember how the oxygen ran out and how it became so cold that they died in seconds. Like it says in my mood: Confused...


No, they did not all die before they crashed. A good percentage (via autopsies) were found to have still been alive, maybe unconscious but still alive, prior to the crash.


Well that's not what my History teach, Coach Tinker and the news said. But I guess I should know better than that. After all, the media is controled.



posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   


Well that's not what my History teach, Coach Tinker and the news said. But I guess I should know better than that. After all, the media is controled.

Does your history teacher, Coach Tinker, have first-hand knowledge of the accident, the ivestigation and the autopisies? And what news said that? What source?

Thanks

[edit on 22/8/2005 by SportyMB]



posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Will the lack of pressure/oxygen really cause the cabin to freeze instantly, if there was not a breached hull. Wouldn't the cabin maintain it's last pressurization? Just a thought that has been bugging me, and since I have no background in Mechanical or Thermodynamic Engineering, I thought I'd ask.



posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB


Well that's not what my History teach, Coach Tinker and the news said. But I guess I should know better than that. After all, the media is controled.

Does your history teacher, Coach Tinker, have first-hand knowledge of the accident, the ivestigation and the autopisies? And what news said that? What source?

Thanks

[edit on 22/8/2005 by SportyMB]



He mostly watches CNN other than that Im not sure.



posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FallenOne
Will the lack of pressure/oxygen really cause the cabin to freeze instantly, if there was not a breached hull. Wouldn't the cabin maintain it's last pressurization? Just a thought that has been bugging me, and since I have no background in Mechanical or Thermodynamic Engineering, I thought I'd ask.


Good question. Actually they said they went higher than they were supposed to be and the further away from earth they started to freeze. Like all those movies where an astrounat takes off his helmet and space and instantly freezes over. Same goes for the oxygen.



posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FallenOne
Will the lack of pressure/oxygen really cause the cabin to freeze instantly, if there was not a breached hull. Wouldn't the cabin maintain it's last pressurization? Just a thought that has been bugging me, and since I have no background in Mechanical or Thermodynamic Engineering, I thought I'd ask.


I can't conceive of a malfunction that could cause deep-freezing of human bodies. Decompression wouldn't.



posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
i have a bad feeling..........


Originally posted by Frosty
My best guess is they found a man inside the cockpit still attached to the pilot's seat or this is just a diversionary tactic to cover up foul play. Such as a possible hijacking and a similar incident to what happned in Pennsylvania 9/11.

While I'm not ready to suggest that yet, I can't shake the feeling that something criminal resulted in this plane's destruction.

The more information that comes out about it, the stronger that feeling becomes.



posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Withdrawn_Depression

Good question. Actually they said they went higher than they were supposed to be and the further away from earth they started to freeze. Like all those movies where an astrounat takes off his helmet and space and instantly freezes over. Same goes for the oxygen.


Yeah, I think they were supposed to be near 17,000/descending, but were at 30,000 and rises. Which is odd since I think the article said they were within 25 miles of landing....(if I remember correctly).

And ValHall , I couldn't imagine decompression causing the freezing either. Which is why I mentioned a breached hull (thus letting in 30,000 feet high cold in the cabin). In either case, this was not a normal accident, something went wrong before the captain even reported. I dunno. Weird.



posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Hmm, sounds like foul-play was involved. Maybe a disgruntled employee, a mechanic perhaps...but I think foul-play is involved on some level.

Maybe the plane was on autopilot and everyone slowly faded due to lack of Oxygen.....just to an unconcicious state, not dead. But I still can't see this happenning so fast that a pilot, crew-member or someone did not notice.

!?!?!?!?!?



posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
Maybe the plane was on autopilot and everyone slowly faded due to lack of Oxygen.....just to an unconcicious state, not dead. But I still can't see this happenning so fast that a pilot, crew-member or someone did not notice.

!?!?!?!?!?


It does happen fast, that's why the oxygen masks are released automatically right in front of your face, instead of stowed somewhere else. It's also why they tell you to put your own mask on before helping anyone else - a few seconds and you will pass out and not be able to help anyone ever again..

Aircraft cabins are not only pressurized but heated - if the heater malfunctioned at 30,000 feet it would be like standing on the top of Mt. Everest in your BVD's.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join