It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracies in Formula One

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This is possibly something of a side inteterst - but for those who do not follow the sport the European world of Grand Prix racing can offer up some surpeising conspiracies.

This is a sport I have followed since childhood and whilst not on a par with some of the serious world issues has many interseting nooks and crannys. I thought it might be fun to see if this is an area of interest to other board members and I'm more than happy to share any knowledge I have on this subject to answer any questions.

Current issues in the sport are those of the team members helping each other, inter team colusion and the issues surrounding technical devices on the cars. Just today a major blow has been deivered to the sport by allegations that one of the two tyre manufactures may have indeed been modifying the design of its tyre to skirt the rules requiring no more than 270mm of tread to be in contact with the track surface. This is an issue as that manufacturers tyres are on cars which seem to have shown a remarkable leap in performance of this part of the season.

If this isnt the approriate place on the board for a subject like this please move my post - but i think as a lighter subject - but one with some real potential I would enjoy engaging any comments other on the board have with this sport.

Further info on todays ruling :

news.bbc.co.uk...

join