It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four More Years (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   
The current number of troops is what the US plans to keep in Iraq over the next four years. General Peter Schoomaker claims that the army is prepared for the worst case scenario in the war. Schoomaker's comments come along with indications from officials from Bush's administration that the US would be scaling down it's military presence if certain conditions had been achieved. During this period, the Army will also be re-working it's rotation of troops. The Army is currently piecing together a plan for the 2007-2009 rotation.

www.cnn.com
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The U.S. Army is making plans to keep the current number of soldiers in Iraq -- well over 100,000 -- for four more years, the Army's top general said Saturday.

In an Associated Press interview, Gen. Peter Schoomaker said the Army is prepared for the "worst case" in terms of the required level of troops in Iraq. He said the number could be adjusted lower, if called for, by slowing troop rotation or by shortening tours for soldiers.

Schoomaker said commanders in Iraq and others will decide how many troops will be needed next year and beyond. His responsibility, he said, is to provide them, trained and equipped.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This doesn't sound good for those who are against the war or those who are currently enlisted in the military. Four more years of this war can only lead one to think of the economic impacts of this. If we do indeed continue to have a big military presence in Iraq during the next election, it will be most curious to see how the public votes, and to see what is done by the president after being elected. Personally, I'm neutral on the war, but this makes me more against it, because this make it look like my father is about to be on his second trip to Iraq.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
posted on 21/8/2005 at 07:20

I got posted about 5 mins before your one did here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Just realized that after I posted... So I'm assuming the mods remove this submission?

join