It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Case Of The Missing Jetliner Unsolved?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 07:04 AM
link   
One of our planes is missing?

Not the first time you're heard that is it? Shouldnt think it will be the last either!

Case Of The Missing Jetliner Unsolved

After months of scouring Africa, US investigators have all but concluded that the 727 jeliner that mysteriuosly disappeared after departing from an Angolan airport in May crashed or was taken to a remote hangar to be stripped for parts.

US intelligence officials had expressed fears that the 153-foot, 200,000-pound aircraft might have been stolen by terrorists for use as a weapon against Western targets in Africa. But an examination of satellite photographs and visits to dozens of African airfields failed to yield any evidence that it is on the continent, leading US officials to largely discount the terrorism scenario.

for the rest of the article click below pls

www.washingtonpost.com...

Me personally, I think its still out there somewhere and a terrorist group does have the plane, doesnt have to be in Africa though, it could be anywhere in the world now?

blackwidow

[Edited on 31-8-2003 by blackwidow666]

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 07:12 AM
link   
well it appears to be gone. i think it probably crashed. maybe trying to get to a terrorist location. the report said the plane was in horrible shape

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Good point "the plane was in a horrible shape", but then the question could come-up:

if it was in a bad state, why was it aloud to fly in the first place?

blackwidow

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 07:36 AM
link   
was the take off aloud? i was under the impression that it wasnt. it said that the command tower told them to not take off.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 07:49 AM
link   
So it gives out more questions than anything?

If the tower said "dont take-off", they still did?

blackwidow

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 07:57 AM
link   
ya its very interesting. we will have to see i guess.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I think it probably crashed into the ocean or something........maybe hijacked by failed terrorists, who knows......

But it would be better if the Plane reappeared in a few weeks with all the Crew and Passenger blurting out tales of Aliens and Angels......that would be interesting

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 08:16 AM
link   
chebob

Good Afternoon

Its a strange one this isnt it?

There's too many question's and not enough answers it either?

blackwidow

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Personally, there are too many variables to this.

It could have been a "repo" job....but then if this was a 'repo' job, the company seeking the return of the airliner would have no need to keep the plane 'hidden' for as long as it has been.

The plane was "tricked out" to be a fuel tanker....which would be the reason for the possible 'terrorist' thoughts and concerns.

The plane may have crashed....and because of the terrain, etc. of/in Africa, locating it has been nearly impossible.

The plane has been "changed" to hide its identity and is "hidden" so as to not allow it to be seen or identified from satillite detection or quick visual inspections. In this case, the aircraft could be in a remote hanger, etc.

The plane was stolen and torn down for parts.

It could be that the plane is part of an insurance scam, planned by the owner. The plane is then torn down for parts and the owner makes out like a bandit in this case.

Point in case is: The plane is missing and the case is far from being closed. There is NO feasible conclusion as to its disappearance thus "anything" is possible in connection to this case. Loads of questions....unanswered....and remains to be an episode in the upcoming "In Search Of" series....

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 31-8-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Indeed BW. That they say potential buyers of the plane "had engaged in shady business deals" is interesting.........certainly helps the terrorism theory.

There are so many possible explanations, I almost hope something bad DOES happen involving it, just so we can find out.....

very interesting. I'm gonna keep my eye on this one......

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Thanks for posting up to date info on this - I caught a remark about the mising plane on the radio weeks ago - but hadnt heard anything more about it till this post.

I guess its pretty worrying just how easy it is to "lose" such a big item - and just how hard it is to track something like this down again (even given the poor levels of technology within the African air traffic system).

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   
silk

I will try my best too keep everyone up to date on this one!

blackwidow

top topics

join