It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now what? (quickie contest, get 10,000 BTS points!)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
They all have black backgrounds behind their avatars?

I knew it was just a matter of time until someone played the race card here.

:shk:

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
All the Mods are heading to this thread there is 11 counting Simon,
all we got to do is catch one, and us American techniques in withdrawing the information.

Here trixi mods, Come here you little Trixi mod I got a shiny ring for you

[edit on 17/8/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
All the mods are using avatars that are from movies.
Gosh dern MirthfulMe.....

seekerof

[edit on 17-8-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Well, everyone seems to be missing the question here..

The title of this thread is "Now What?".. so in relation to the movie avatars, now what? Is there a progressive riddle here? Are the movies in cronological order? (Hits by year)? Is there some theme we're missing? Is there an actor/ess that plays in each of the movies that may hint to the "now what?" question..

10k points isnt enough incentive for me to look all this stuff up, to hope to find the gold at the end of the rainbow, or the mysterious movie that lines the series, or for the matter do anything other then sit here and drool endlessly waiting for the mystery to be solved.. I'm far too lazy.. duhr.

So I ask you all.. Now what?

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by iori_komei
I was gonna say the movie related avatars, but I think theres more to it.

I'm gonna take a wild geuss here, the movie in the avatar of each mod refelcts there personality in some way.

Hmmmm, I hate to think about what it says about me

Even though this is a bit off topic, If what I said was true, I'd get the impression that your an average Joe, who could if called upon be a hero.

10,000 BTS points!
Dang, how'd I miss that, I thought this was just a fun little game, I did'nt know points were involved, how could I have missed that? (Dont answer that, rhetorical question.)

[edit on 8/17/2005 by iori_komei]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
They are all MOVIE BASED BOOKS! OOPs MOVIES BASED ON BOOKS

Godfather was a novel, Castaway was a novel, Bladerunner is a novel, Quest for Fire was a Roman, 2001 is a novel

[edit on 17-8-2005 by Vegemite]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
do all the movies based on scenes or actions that involed denying ignorance? like Bruce Willis in the movie 5th Element who is more aware wat is goin around him wen he met that woman who crashed into his taxi, before that he just want to move with his life and dint care about wat the hell is goin on around him.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I haven't checked, and I just saw this thread... but perhaps the mods have Avatars that are related to or represent a Forum that they are assigned to?

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I've yet to see the

Avy

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
*rubs sleep from eyes*

Hey, guys, I've been napping. What's going on here...movie themed avvies, you say....really

Could be a coincidence

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
Is it that FredT is a Mod again

link   
I'm completely clueless with this one... but maybe with the movie posters, they are implying we need something for ATS like them? I dunno, kinda like An ATS poster or something to go in the Store? I'll have to see if any of the movies have any relation.

link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz

Originally posted by Hellmutt
They all have black backgrounds behind their avatars?

I knew it was just a matter of time until someone played the race card here.
:shk:

Sometimes the answer is so easy that we don´t see it. But seeing now that DTOM and Amuk doesn´t have a black background it was obviously not the answer...

[edit on 2005/8/17 by Hellmutt]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
News to me...

Pretty cool though!

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Now that you posted... U brought something up in my mind. I remember in th Chat you said you were a big Mel Brooks fan, So Maybe I'll venture another guess and say all the Mods have their favorite movies as their Avatar?

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Well all i know is that Springer has a warn sign!!!

Strange night....

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Could the be about gang related movies? I was going to say all sci-fi related but I don't recall a ray-gun or a light sabre being used in the God Father.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
You know how when that one mod died because their eye got poked out they all started wearing eyepatches. Well maybe someone died in all of these movies, or got their eye poked out

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldEagle
Could the be about gang related movies? I was going to say all sci-fi related but I don't recall a ray-gun or a light sabre being used in the God Father.

There arent any gangs in Spaceballs

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vegemite
You know how when that one mod died because their eye got poked out they all started wearing eyepatches. Well maybe someone died in all of these movies, or got their eye poked out

somebody want to tell Springer he's dead

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join