It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBE without leaving my body??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I had a rather odd experience not too long ago, so far as I can tell I was asleep when I suddenly "woke up", I say "woke up" because my body still seemed to be asleep. I couldn't move my body but I was totally aware of everything around me, at least my room anyways. Although I didn't actually leave my body I still felt detached from it. But I know I wasn't dreaming just like you know when you wake up in the morning that you are no longer dreaming. I don't really know how long it lasted, I was mainly trying to understand what was going on. I wasn't freaking out or anything more just a "Humm... this is a little weird... I feel awake but i can't move....". I eventually just slipped back into being asleep and woke up in the morning feeling fine but I remember the experience quite vividly.

Before this happened I never really took OBE's and Astral Projection seriously but since this happened I have done a little bit of reading on the subject and am kinda curious as to what exactly happened. I was reading the Astral Projection research post here on ATS and it talks about lifting up or rolling out of your body. My thought is some how I involuntarily got to this point but because I didn't really understand what was going on I didn't progress past it. I haven't attempted to recreate the experience yet and it hasn't happened again "naturally" so far. Just looking for some feed back from the ATS members that have more experience with OBE's and Astral Projection.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I believe what you experienced is a condition called Sleep Paralysis. I would not say that it is entirely related to Projection, I somewhat view it as the vibrations of your subconscious are not entirely back in tune with those of your sleeping body. Sleep Paralysis has also been one of the conditions under which what some call a Psychic Attack occur. I wouldn't worry about it though, if they repeat occasionally or you feel more and more tired and lethargic, it might be something to look into.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Looks like your right Baphomet79. I did a quick search on Sleep Paralysis and it seems to sum everything up quite nicely. Thankfully I didn't have any hallucinations that seem to be commonly associated with it or I might have ended up posting this in the Alien or Cryptozoology forums
. Anyone curious about Sleep Paralysis can check this out.

Sleep Paralysis

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Yeah sleep paralysis is a good bet. There is this mechanism in your body (brain?) that sort of "turns your body off" when you sleep, so you do not act out your dreams in bed and start running around and hurt yourself, etc. Sometimes you wake up before this mechanism is turned off, and you end up stuck. At least that is my understanding.

top topics

join