It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AnyONE Have Thoughts On The Bible Code?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   
just wondering what others think about the Bible Code? a lot of things have been found in the Bible Code. most of the things found were after the fact of an event maybe it political, or a catasthrophy. i live near the city of angels and a message in the Bible Code stated that los angels was going to have a huge earthquake in 2010. im preparing meself.

has anyone else heard this or any other codes that were found in the bible code.?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   
As to there being a bible code, I seriously doubt it. What the people who promote such drivel were to apply their methods to any body of works such as the works of William Shakesphere, the Encycopedia Britannica etc. they would be able to find "hidden" messages and codes in them as well.
This is sort of the old anology of placing 10 monkeys together in a room with typewriters. sooner or later you will eventually be able to put together a copy of Shakesphere's plays from the mismash that the monkeys type.
As for LA and a major earthquake, that has been discussed for about 30 years or so and may well indeed happen as to the specific date... not even the geologists can predict that.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
When I first heard of the bible codes I thought it was the biggest load of B.S. I had ever heard. However, I could not say anything about it until I read up on it. After reading a book about it, it made me curious so I looked into more. What I found was really impressive. Now, I no longer think it is a load of B.S., just the opposite, I think it is for real. The first book I read didnt do bible codes justice. There is so much there. Placing codes in books like that is not a new concept. People have done that for ever. Now, I do not think it is deluded to thing that the men that wrote the bible would put in it a code. This is the bible, the most important book in history. It is also the most powerful. It ends threatening your soul if you change it in any way.

Now, granted there are a lot of hoaxes out there, and really bad attempts at trying to find something that is not there. This is not the case with the bible codes. Yes I believe that the bible codes are very real. I also believe that if anyone does their research, they will come to the same conclusion.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
i'm no bible scholar, but hasn't it been through a few translations, and didn't king james change it in some fashion ?
That would make an intentional insertion of a complicated code seem unlikley.

I'd have to satrike this up to a coincidence.

also, is 100% of the bible a coherent code or just selected sections ?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I've read up a bit on the Bible codes. The idea and concept has merit, but there are so many people that abuse these things I have a hard time believing that any of them are true. You know, like sorting through a list of t.v. evangelist. Some are good, some bad and it's not always easy to tell which is which. My opinion is that some may be true, but we don't know for sure so it's of no practical use to us.

Here's some previous post on this subject here at ATS.
Bible Code predictions.

Bible Code - Fact or Fiction

Bible Code- Evidence Seems to be Real !

First Lady (Laura Bush) to be murdered Sept-Oct (Good example of fraud)

John Kerry and the Bible Code

Bush re-election in bible codes

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This is a bit of fun

cs.anu.edu.au...

And pretty much sums up my opinion of the Bible code tomfoolery.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
i'm no bible scholar, but hasn't it been through a few translations, and didn't king james change it in some fashion ?
That would make an intentional insertion of a complicated code seem unlikley.

The codes are only supposed to be taken from the original Hebrew versions of the first 5 books of the Bible. See exodus2006.com for a good graphical representation of these codes. I wouldn't worry about these things too much. You'll get a better discussion on future events if you read some commentaries on Daniel, Isaiah, and Revelation.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
"Now, I do not think it is deluded to thing that the men that wrote the bible would put in it a code."

do you even think that the men that supposedly wrote the bible knew they were writing code? prolly not as im sure the men that wrote the bible could not make an earthquake happen.

i live in L.A. and i'am going to be on my peas and ques in the year 2010 and try not to spend so much time in the city that year. i know superstion isnt the way to think, but i should not take chances with my life if you feel me on that.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
You know if you were to take a dictionary, heck even the alphabet and make a bunch of matrices with the words/letters you will find words and phrases that could sound like a prophetic vision.

If the Bible code proves anything it is that us humans want to believe in the supernatural.

[edit on 16-8-2005 by jrod]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Well I have read many books on the subject and the mathematical odds are just to large for many of these things to be by chance.

It is not just the first 5 books either,

Isiah chapter 53 has the name Jeshua all through it especially the verses concerning the Messiah.

I believe there is something to it, but I also think it is being abused by some.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Since there are no unaltered versions of the Bible or Torah we'll never get to find out if there is any kind of "code". It's all just a matter of alterations being compiled on alterations. It's sickening how people have been manipulated by the world's religions. Just another system to disorganize civilization and prevent everyone from ever coming together.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtacontheOtaku
Since there are no unaltered versions of the Bible or Torah we'll never get to find out if there is any kind of "code". It's all just a matter of alterations being compiled on alterations.

Not really, there are some things you left out,

THE CRITICS CHIEF ARGUMENT

One of the main issues about Bible Codes is the claim
that they are based upon the complete reliability of the
Hebrew text, which the critics dispute. Their claim is
that the Hebrew Bible exists in "thousands" of different
versions. It would take only a few variations in a text
to destroy the code patterns, they claim (in spite of
the undeniable evidence just cited to the contrary).

To support their contention, they cite all the various
Dead Sea Scroll versions of the Bible, and several kinds
of text related to the Septuagint Greek translation. The
critics also cite a medieval version similar to the basic
Masoretic text synagogues use, but which has a number of
different readings. Moreover, variant wordings are found
in certain references in the Talmud and other rabbinical
commentaries. In addition, one can infer alternate text
readings from some Bible quotations in the New Testament.

Is all this a serious problem for the codes?

Hardly. First, there are NOT "thousands" of different
versions of the Hebrew Bible with a historic basis for any
ancient heritage. Not one document among all the Biblical
manuscripts found among the Dead Sea Scrolls can be traced
back historically to a known authoritative source. No one
really knows where these fragmentary and often impossible-
to-read manuscripts came from. One theory is that they are
the "library" of a heretical Jewish sect of Essenes. This
would certainly not be an official Jewish Temple source,
and therefore, it could not be traced to any authoritative
origin. We simply do not have a sufficient history of the
Essenes to provide such documentation for any text these
people might theoretically have used. Tracing texts to
the Essenes is tracing texts to a people whose historical
link to the official Biblical text of the Temple cannot be
verified at all.

If anything, these heretical Essene communities are not
to be trusted to have an accurate text tradition. The very
fact that the Dead Sea texts do have so many variations is
absolute proof that these texts did not represent such an
official and authoritative canon. If these Dead Sea texts
were the work of the Essenes, that may be one reason they
had been rejected by the Temple authorities: The Essenes
were not sticking to the official ancient text used by the
priests.

But there is another possibility about where these Dead
Sea texts came from. Before the Essene theory arose, one
leading explanation was that the caves were a "genizeh,"
or sacred permanent storage site for Scriptures and texts
that contained mentions of "YHWH"--the sacred name of God.
The rule is that such a text cannot be burned or discarded,
but must be preserved in a special sacred storage place.

The genizeh problem for the Bible Code critics is a
major one: One of the uses for such storage areas was for
the disposal of faulty copies of the Bible, produced
by a novice scribe learning his craft. In other words, it
is possible some of the differences in the texts cited by
the critcs are merely scribal errors deliberately discarded
in the Dead Sea caves because they did not meet the high
standards of the Masoretic version

* The system developed by the Masoretes is extremely
important to the debate over the codes. When any copy of
the text was made, it was virtually like a photo-copy.
Each page was identical to the one being copied: Every
line was identical, beginning and ending with the same
words as the original. And to make sure that no errors
could slip by, there were "test letters" in each line of
text. These were to be counted off so that a particular
letter had to be, for example, the 17th letter from the
left of a given line and, say, 21st from the right end
of that line. Each line had to have a certain number of
letters. There were test letters for each line. Every
page had to have a certain number of lines.

In sum, there are simply no real serious competitors
to the traditional Masoretic text, which is the only text
being used by the Bible Code researchers.

ARE BIBLE CODES REAL?

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The Truth about Bible Codes

Basically, anyone can make the "codes" say whatever they want.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Personally, I think they are very subjective. I believe that a true prophet is acurate 100% of the time before an event. If information relating to events can be found in the Bible after said event, then they must exist before said event. However, whom among us knows what to look for ahead of time and then does it come to pass.

I also believe that phophecy has a timeframe. That it shouldn't be so open-ended that you can make an event "fit" a prophecy, which is what I feel happens almost exclusively today.

Now, if someone popped up and stated that on such and such a date at such and such a time you will see this event and this was confirmed and documented over a period of time, then I would believe that this person might be a prophet.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
Now, I do not think it is deluded to thing that the men that wrote the bible would put in it a code. This is the bible, the most important book in history. It is also the most powerful. It ends threatening your soul if you change it in any way.

I don't think the bible is the most important book in history. That pays no respect to the historical texts that came before it. I do believe however that information tied to this text as welll as others can hlep us in understanding the future.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
just wondering what others think about the Bible Code?

if god has something to say, she should just come right out and say it !!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Kind of an interesting thought occurred to me while reading this thread...

What if ... Through the course of publishing all of the works that are published in any given period of time, all of the past, present, and future is mixed in with it all by God and what we really need to do is to sit down, persuse all the books and find all the wisdom? I mean, if they can find all that data about assasinations and the death of Princess Di through Moby Dick... Then why not all the rest?

Oh well... just an idea.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The Bible code was devised by some very clever computer programers to make a pile of money. They knew that people are looking for meaning in their lives and they provided that meaning with a very original, seemingly complex soothsaying device. Sort of a western/Christian version of the
I Ching.

[edit on 1-10-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
just wondering what others think about the Bible Code?

if god has something to say, she should just come right out and say it !!!!

Just like most women in long term relationships, she seldom just says what's on her mind unless mad enough. She (God) also just expects us to know.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
My true opinion about a bible code, is that the code itself is the bible. Working under the assumption the author of the bible is not bound by time and is in effect omnipresent, then the "word" itself would be the key to the "word" itself being also the lock.

I believe the true code is the bible.

"Judge not lest you be judged"

The bible does tell to judge, and how to do so ....

So, if the bible says both "judge not lest you be judged", and the whos and hows of judgement, then judge the bible by the bible.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join