It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe the mayan thing has already happened?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Oh...er..Well then. I see that I was wrong. But nevertheless, way back then they still probably had a messed up sense of time and a different calendar.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   
They did not have a 'messed up' calendar. It was far more accurate than ours. They didn't 'lose' a leap year, they counted it in. We on the other hand - Julien calendar - 'forgot' it until it was too late - then it had to be appended as an afterthought.

I don't mean to be sassy but do a little research.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Meh I've given up on even caring anymore.

If the world ends tomrrow....then I'll be out in a deck chair playing with my dog. That's about it.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
You do know that in the 17th century the calender was changed in Europe, pushing the year date back several, so its difficult to be sure exactly what year it is anymore, so the Mayan 2012 end of the world could easily have come and gone without anyone noticing.

I remember reading this, i think i read it was pushed back by 7 years which would be now ish. I dont remenber where i got the info and i can't prove it is accurate, i am not saying it is although it wouldnt surprise me at all/

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Earth Angel

You do know that in the 17th century the calender was changed in Europe, pushing the year date back several, so its difficult to be sure exactly what year it is anymore, so the Mayan 2012 end of the world could easily have come and gone without anyone noticing.

I remember reading this, i think i read it was pushed back by 7 years which would be now ish. I dont remenber where i got the info and i can't prove it is accurate, i am not saying it is although it wouldnt surprise me at all/

The time has been adjusted to account for that. 2012 (in the current, Gregorian calendar) is when the Mayan calendar runs out.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by Earth Angel

The time has been adjusted to account for that. 2012 (in the current, Gregorian calendar) is when the Mayan calendar runs out.

Thank you Byrd, I'm glad someone understands what I've been trying to say!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join