It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US had no intention to invade NK or seek regime change

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Imagine if the draft were reinstated here. 285 million people figure roughly 15% of that male and of military age.
We could have a 42 million man army (theoretically of course).

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
Imagine if the draft were reinstated here. 285 million people figure roughly 15% of that male and of military age.
We could have a 42 million man army (theoretically of course).

and if china did this they could over run us armed with little more than sporks from KFC.

had to have a little levity here....

but its true. and even china isnt taking well to NK's BS.
it isnt just us they have to contend with. if china has to enter the fray....well NK can kiss its rearend goodbye, they're be nothing left of it!

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Who is saying China would be on our side in a NK conflict? Do you think China is very happy with the US right now?

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Well if we don't act China, South Korea and the surrounding countries are going to have to because if N. Korea launches a nuclear weapon...

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Who is saying China would be on our side in a NK conflict? Do you think China is very happy with the US right now?

They really have no choice financially. I doubt they would fight side by side in any actual conflict but they can turn North Korea off any time they want.
Out go the lights and no more food.
That is where China fits into the whole thing.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Now why aren't we going to war with North Korea when they claim to the world they have and will use Nuclear Weapons?

It might have something to do with the couple million in Seoul who would die within minutes of the initial barrage of artillary from right across the DMZ. Or possibly the millions in Japan facing the same fate.

Or I could be wrong...

I think you're right. That is precisely why we can't badger NK, like we have Iraq.

More talks. Is there any other politically feasible conclusion to this round of talks? I don't see any.

You really need to understand the players at this point. With the departure of John Pritchard three days prior, the State Department will be taking a more hawkish stance towards NK. Your newspaper just might not tell you so.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I would tend to agree with your insight kukla.

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   

They really have no choice financially. I doubt they would fight side by side in any actual conflict but they can turn North Korea off any time they want.
Out go the lights and no more food.
That is where China fits into the whole thing.

You need to look at the manufacturing statistics for the last 25 years. Ye who builds the most, wins.

China's manufacturing ability doesn't survive without American demand. Correct. But if we learned anything since WWII, manufacturing can be retooled and is your greates weapon in combat.

If there's movement in the DMZ, China will move on Tawain.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   
War with NK will not happen......I mean Bush may be stupid but he wont risk starting nuclear war with NK. Because they actually do have WMD....unlike Iraq.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM
Yeah.. what was it that i was supposed to say? bs! and US is trying to own the world!.. Ok, now i have done it are you happy?
But seriously, There cant be a war in Korea if Russia and China want one there, and back to Iraq you must admit that "Iraqi Freedom" was and is totally about oil or about Bush family "saving faces" as daddy left the Iraq bussines half way done..

his daddy only left the job half done because the our allies didnt want to go all the way to baghdad the first time. its not big g's fault.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join